Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SLEEP DEPRIVED  (Read 5681 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
SLEEP DEPRIVED
« on: May 04, 2018, 12:10:21 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were deprived on account of they were depraved, and now it is time for you to post until the depraved and deprived cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: SLEEP DEPRIVED
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 12:11:24 AM »

And the word of the day is: FORGETIVE!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 12:12:05 AM »

Kritzerland is proud to present a new limited edition soundtrack release:

THE MAN WITH BOGART’S FACE
Music Composed and Conducted by George Duning

Adapted from his 1976 novel, Andrew J. Fenady brought The Man With Bogart’s Face to the screen in 1980.  Starring Humphrey Bogart look-alike Robert Sacchi, the movie was directed by Robert Day.  Also in the cast were such expert players as Victor Buono, Yvonne De Carlo, Herbert Lom, Mike Mazurki, Michelle Phillips, George Raft, Sybil Danning, Jay Robinson, Franco Nero, and Misty Rowe.  Despite the catchy title and excellent cast, the low-budget film was released in 1980 to not much business but did garner some decent reviews.  Variety was very positive, saying, “… a continuous flow of laugh lines.  It adds up to a lot of fun.”

Fenady’s choice for composer could not have been a better one – the great George Duning, who was nearing the end of his impressive career.  Duning had already written a huge number of incredible scores, including Salome, The Man from Laramie, Tight Spot, 5 Against the House, Picnic, The Eddy Duchin Story, Nightfall, Full of Life, Jeanne Eagles, 3:10 to Yuma, Operation Mad Ball, The Brothers Rico, Cowboy, Me and the Colonel, Bell, Book, and Candle, Strangers When We Meet, Two Rode Together, The Devil at 4 O’Clock, Houseboat, The World of Suzie Wong, Who’s Got the Action, Any Wednesday, The Wreck of the Mary Deare, Critic’s Choice, and Toys in the Attic.  He was nominated for the Academy Award five times. 

For The Man With Bogart’s Face, Duning came up with a really fun score, including its wacky and very funky main title song – which went on to win the very first Razzie Award for Worst Song.  Very typical of its period, the song is just what you’d want it to be.  But the rest of the score is Duning in Duning territory – noirish cues, action cues, and, like every score he ever wrote, cues that are filled with his wonderful melodies. 

This release was mastered from a mono tape that came from the composer.  While the sound was not optimal, mastering engineer James Nelson labored mightily to clean it up as best he could, and he’s done a great job doing so.

THE MAN WITH BOGART’S FACE is limited to 500 copies only and priced at $19.98, plus shipping.   CDs will ship by the second week of June, but never fear, we’ve actually been averaging three to five weeks early in terms of shipping ahead of the official ship date.  To place an order, see the cover, or hear audio samples, just visit www.kritzerland.com.

ATTENTION INDIEGOGO CONTRIBUTORS:  IF YOU WISH TO RECEIVE THESE RELEASES YOU MUST OPT-IN BY SENDING US AN E-MAIL, SPECIFYING EACH RELEASE YOU WANT – SEND TO kritzerland@gmail.com.  IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE IT, YOU DON”T NEED TO DO ANYTHING.  IF YOU ARE NOT AN INDIEGOGO CONTRIBUTOR, ORDER AS YOU NORMALLY WOULD.  THANK YOU.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 12:17:55 AM »

First post after BK.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 12:18:15 AM »

Good night.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 12:41:10 AM »

Good night, Tom.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 12:44:53 AM »

Opt-in e-mail sent!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 12:56:29 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 12:59:10 AM »

BK, by my count, this should be my last CD from the Indiegogo campaign.  Can someone confirm that I've counted correctly?  I've asked in my opt-in e-mails, but I've never gotten a response.

George

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 01:17:01 AM »

And now, I must sleep. 8)

Have a good day, all!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018, 01:24:14 AM »

George, I'll find out.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2018, 03:51:20 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2018, 03:52:15 AM »

I have two hours before I head out to accomplish my morning household tasks.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2018, 03:52:59 AM »

Then I am off to my barber at Radio City.  After that, I will go to City Center.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2018, 03:54:49 AM »

I'll either help or hinder Joshie's final prep for today's orchestra rehearsal and sitzprobe before we head to Carrol Studios.

ChasSmith

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2018, 04:47:34 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2018, 04:51:38 AM »

I’m afraid I’m missing this one completely, DR Elmore.

Life interfered. The Ohio trip is on for next week. Leaving Wednesday morning. But I had to get it done.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2018, 04:59:43 AM »

Annabelle and I just made our building patrol.  She generally runs beside or ahead of me to scratch her claws on the neighbors' door mats.  Then she goes either up or down the stairs, marking her territory on the bannister, window sills, and steps.  Occasionally she'll lie down on the steps and lounge like Liz Taylor in Cleopatra.

This morning, she did something she's never done before in the past seven months: she lay down on my shoes and played with my socks and shoelaces before trying to sharpen her claws on my shoes, all very affectionately.  Then she headed up the stairs.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2018, 05:01:46 AM »

I’m afraid I’m missing this one completely, DR Elmore.

Life interfered. The Ohio trip is on for next week. Leaving Wednesday morning. But I had to get it done.

I do wish I could accompany you.  Now that I've got my new 2018-2020 lease, I'm thinking about moving back to Ohio.  I'm not getting enough work to afford to live here.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2018, 05:07:49 AM »

i used to know Roberto Sacchi of THE MAN WITH BOGART'S FACE.  He was a friend of my publicity client, comedian Jackie Vernon.

I think it was in the mid-1970s: he did a play about Bogart in the West Hollywood area.

You can dream…or you can do.

ChasSmith

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2018, 05:21:41 AM »

Back to the family Addams tonight.

This is quite the production, and I’m only sorry it’s impossible for me to see it from the pit. Later I’ll go grab a couple of Facebook photos.

FJL

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2018, 05:38:06 AM »

This is quite the production, and I’m only sorry it’s impossible for me to see it from the pit. Later I’ll go grab a couple of Facebook photos.

Does it include the Addams Family TV theme?  When i saw it on Broadway, it was there, but seemed very brief

(felt like almost as little as needed to make it not be false advertising that it was in some advertising  :) 

In that vein, it's official that the Carly Simon Oscar song from the movie "Working Girl" will not be in he upcoming musical version. 

(unlike the Broadway musical "Rocky" having included and really used "Eye of The Tiger.")

« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 05:40:12 AM by FJL »

FJL

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2018, 05:44:22 AM »

Since her name came up last night and there's nowhere else to put this:  Stephanie Block as one of the Chers in Brioadway's "The Cher Show" - that

Tune of “The Way of Love” (1970’s vintage Cher)

When we find a show,
That we like a lot.
Since we love the songs,
And don’t mind the plot.

When the sales don’t tank,
Once reviews appear,
Though some may get frank,
If the book’s not clear.

Know the Great White Way,
Is a Way of Dough.
And the songs we hum,
Are what drive B.O..

When we score a pair,
We’re in ecstasy.
We came for one Cher,
And they gave us three.

Great White Way of Dough.
Hooray for dough!

ChasSmith

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2018, 06:35:09 AM »

Does it include the Addams Family TV theme?  When i saw it on Broadway, it was there, but seemed very brief

(felt like almost as little as needed to make it not be false advertising that it was in some advertising  :) 

In that vein, it's official that the Carly Simon Oscar song from the movie "Working Girl" will not be in he upcoming musical version. 

(unlike the Broadway musical "Rocky" having included and really used "Eye of The Tiger.")

It includes only the first eight bars of the Vic Mizzy harpsichord-triplets / finger-snap intro, not the song itself.

I recently watched the two Raul Julia movies, and they too only used those eight bars. In those movies and in the musical, the Main Title / Overture (and Bow Music) go right into new music that's compatible but is its own thing.

Michael

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2018, 06:38:54 AM »

Good morning to all
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2018, 06:39:45 AM »

Belated Birthday wishes to Fred.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2018, 06:43:23 AM »

Spoke with the film producer on Wednesday and the writer he wanted to pair me with to help write the screenplay has agreed to meet. I have seen several of his plays. He has been produced Off-Broadway and internationally. This is very exciting for me. I hope it works out
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2018, 07:55:51 AM »

Academy Award vibes for DR MICHAEL.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2018, 07:56:28 AM »

Good news from DR VIXMOM!

DR ELMORE I think Annabelle is planning on stealing your shoes and trading them for catnip.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2018, 07:59:01 AM »

When we did THE ADDAMS FAMILY last year - the materials and contract we signed FORBADE us from using the Vic Mizzy theme UNLESS we contacted his estate/music publisher and made separate $$$ arrangements with them....  IT SPECIFICALLY reminded us that the recording could not be used as PreShow or Intermission music without paying the performance fee.

As DR CHAS SMITH says....a few measures are played....but just enough to recognize.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2018, 07:59:27 AM »

CD Ordered.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up