Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: NEITHER FISH NOR FOWL  (Read 6505 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: NEITHER FISH NOR FOWL
« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2018, 04:11:43 PM »

OMG!  My friend Charlie's book was released today.  I hope it does good things for his career; it's not always been easy since he left the Bernstein office.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2018, 04:12:20 PM »

Page 4 Dance!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2018, 04:16:00 PM »

Good selling vibes to your friend Charlie.

Jane

« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2018, 04:27:00 PM »

I am full of LONG stories lately...but:

My surgeon's nurse called yesterday to see if I had scheduled my colonostomy.....it's been one year today since my surgery.  I told her I tried but I keep leaving messages and they don't call back.  She told me Dr. Tsai would do it....but I told her I would.

I called the center....got a PERSON....and set it up for June 25.  She said she would send a prescription for the pre stuff and to get an enema.  I told her I couldn't have an enema....there is no....uh....place left to have one.

She argued with me...then said she would talk to the doctor.  An hour later the doctor's nurse called and asked me all kinds of questions about my....uh....place.  She asked me if I had put a finger there....and I said no....there's no there there.

She said she would talk to Dr. Buckley....called me back this morning....no enema.  I told I was glad she got to the bottom of it.

I am a rather curious person when it comes to medical information and did a quick search.  It seems sometimes an enema is used to flush a stoma.  Maybe that was what she was talking about.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2018, 04:54:03 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2018, 04:55:47 PM »

I had a dental hygiene appointment today. A good report, but I plan to stay on an every-3-months schedule for the rest of the year. I want to monitor things a little more closely.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 04:57:31 PM by Jeanne »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2018, 04:56:46 PM »

I stopped at Panera afterwards for lunch. And, of course, the bakery with the mini pies.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2018, 04:59:48 PM »

Then I did a little more tax prep. Every time I think I've finished one piece I realize there's something I've forgotten to check. This happens every year. That's the problem with only doing something once a year.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2018, 05:02:37 PM »

Last night I spoke to a friend who lives on Hawaii's Big Island. He said they live about eighteen miles from the volcano, but they went to the other side of the island because of the bad air. I cannot imagine living as close to an active volcano as some people do (well, did).

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2018, 05:04:14 PM »

Woke up without the alarm at 6:15, already showered, breakfasted, did a load of towels and niw enjoying a mug of decaf in the recliner before setting off for my day

I'm amazed you were able to do a load of laundry before work.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2018, 05:08:14 PM »

No way I typed that.

I find myself saying that ALL the time!

KevinH

« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2018, 05:08:29 PM »

Good evening!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2018, 05:10:18 PM »

WELL......we are having a tree taken down....an elm tree that has outlived its time....a silver oak topped and trimmed....and our crabapple tree trimmed.

Sunday when my mother was attending services, she was cornered by my sister in law and her daughter in law (married to my nephew)....who said they wanted the wood from the tree to burn this winter.  My mother just said....uh okay.

I of course was not so happy when I heard this development. In the first place, they are two of the laziest, ungrateful people I have ever known in my life....and I can't imagine they would move the wood in a timely manner.

The tree man, when I told him, said that if we keep the wood, he would just leave the trunk in the yard.  He doesn't cut it up. 

So.....this morning I told my brother that the tree man would be taking the wood and that said ingrates would not be getting it.  He said okay.....but I have a feeling we have not heard the end of this.

Too bad your sister-in-law didn't have to cut the wood herself.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2018, 05:11:18 PM »

Jrand, in case you want to sing to the tree.  I think this has been linked on HHW before, but if you never saw it, it's new to you.  :)

Hosted by Frank Rich in 1976 - about  "Someone in a Tree"  (Frank Rich was about 25 and the film critic for the NY Post then.  (This aired as a 30-minute show on a Sunday morning.) 

Also features J. Weidman & S. Sondheim, and several cast members from the show.  The ending (of part 2 below) when they sing the song is a thrilling wind-up.

Someone in a Tree - Anatomy of a Song -Documentary hosted by a very young Frank Rich about the song "Someone in a Tree" from Stephen Sondheim and John Weidman's musical, Pacific Overtures, 1976

Part 1 of 2 - about 13 minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFkldZHOp_k

Part 2 of 2 - about 15 minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPmRiJNOVz0

Very interesting. Thanks, FJL.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2018, 05:12:42 PM »

Vehicle vibes to DR Chas. And travel vibes, too.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2018, 05:13:46 PM »

I am thinking about getting a dog once the theatre season ends in September....it's a start.

Any breed in mind?

Jane

« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2018, 05:17:45 PM »

I had a dental hygiene appointment today. A good report, but I plan to stay on an every-3-months schedule for the rest of the year. I want to monitor things a little more closely.

What a relief for you. 

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2018, 05:18:05 PM »

Hello, Kevin.

Jane

« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2018, 05:19:39 PM »

Last night I spoke to a friend who lives on Hawaii's Big Island. He said they live about eighteen miles from the volcano, but they went to the other side of the island because of the bad air. I cannot imagine living as close to an active volcano as some people do (well, did).

No, you just live where there are earthquakes & fires ;)

Thanks for the report.  I don't know anyone there and have been wondering how people are doing.

Jane

« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2018, 05:20:11 PM »

WELL......we are having a tree taken down....an elm tree that has outlived its time....a silver oak topped and trimmed....and our crabapple tree trimmed.

Sunday when my mother was attending services, she was cornered by my sister in law and her daughter in law (married to my nephew)....who said they wanted the wood from the tree to burn this winter.  My mother just said....uh okay.

I of course was not so happy when I heard this development. In the first place, they are two of the laziest, ungrateful people I have ever known in my life....and I can't imagine they would move the wood in a timely manner.

The tree man, when I told him, said that if we keep the wood, he would just leave the trunk in the yard.  He doesn't cut it up. 

So.....this morning I told my brother that the tree man would be taking the wood and that said ingrates would not be getting it.  He said okay.....but I have a feeling we have not heard the end of this.

Too bad your sister-in-law didn't have to cut the wood herself.

Then she would not have wanted it-lol

FJL

« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2018, 05:20:41 PM »

I will also be playing Major Metcalfe in the July production of THE MOUSETRAP which will be fun....and yes the woman auditioning who also thought she was a director has been cast....

This could be amusing or annoying....time will tell.

Congrats, Jrand!  And...

~~~Vibes of Coping (if necessary)!!~~~

;)

Vibes from us here, too. 

There are times I wonder if medicine is an assembly line business to everyone but the doctor.

FJL

« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2018, 05:21:00 PM »

And rarely, even to the doctor.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2018, 05:22:30 PM »

This morning I found out the renewal on one of my thyroid medications was declined.  Neither the pharmacy or the doctor's office called to inform me of this  :o 

FJL

« Reply #113 on: May 08, 2018, 05:22:38 PM »

I haven't heard the word "oligarch" in a while, now dozens of times today. 

On CNN, i keep hearing "oligarch" as "Olive Garden" when Anderson Cooper says it.

FJL

« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2018, 05:24:20 PM »

This morning I found out the renewal on one of my thyroid medications was declined.  Neither the pharmacy or the doctor's office called to inform me of this  :o 

I hope it's resolved by now.

I was not that quick as a very young child.  I thought thyroids were a type of hemorrhoid on the thigh.

FJL

« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2018, 05:25:23 PM »

OMG!  My friend Charlie's book was released today.  I hope it does good things for his career; it's not always been easy since he left the Bernstein office.

Sales vibes for Charlie!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2018, 05:25:24 PM »

What a relief for you. 

The tricky thing is that, aside from my gums looking rough, I had NO idea last year that I had an infection in my jaw. No pain. Nothing. But the jaw infection caused me to keep getting sick. I'm glad the dentist caught it.

Jane

« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2018, 05:26:15 PM »

I did forget that last year the doctor put in an order for me to get my blood work done in March.  Tomorrow morning I will get it done.

I have never been told to wait until after the test to take my medication, yet my online search recommends I do just that.  So, I shall take my medication with me and take it right after the test has been done.  I could wait until I get home except I have to wait an hour to eat after taking the medications.

FJL

« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2018, 05:27:14 PM »

Off to rehearsal in 15 minutes.....Hooverville will be improved...oh YES....it will be improved.

Is that where the Petticoat Junction name Hooterville was adapted from? 

FJL

« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2018, 05:27:27 PM »

Or was it Green Acres?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up