Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: HEAVY LIDS  (Read 3405 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: HEAVY LIDS
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2018, 12:05:32 PM »

three!!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2018, 12:06:11 PM »

Got my laptop back!!!

Great news, Michael!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2018, 12:06:20 PM »

OPENING NIGHT VIBES FOR DR GEORGE!!!

Thanks, Jrand!

George

« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2018, 12:06:31 PM »

George

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2018, 12:36:05 PM »

I keep seeing an animated cartoon ad for Humana in my area, and I keep thinking that the character looks so much like DR GINNY that she could use it for an avatar.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2018, 12:55:41 PM »

Later this afternoon, Richard and I are going to the local outlet mall for me to do some shoe shopping.
I wear a size 9, sometimes a 9.5 or 10.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2018, 12:59:59 PM »

No. I don’t think the linen kimono cardigan look is my style. Yet I keep getting Facebook ads telling me to buy now.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2018, 01:01:00 PM »

I’m at one of our satellite offices today. It’s 3 pm and more than half of the people have left already.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2018, 01:01:22 PM »

Jo is home from hospital.  Randy says they will hear the pathology report in two weeks at her first appointment.

And the Ohio property is now listed with another realtor.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2018, 01:01:24 PM »

No wonder no one is answering my questions.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2018, 01:01:56 PM »

Jo is home from hospital.  Randy says they will hear the pathology report in two weeks at her first appointment.

Good news and good luck.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2018, 01:14:07 PM »

Good news and good luck.

Ditto and Ditto...on both fronts!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2018, 02:22:10 PM »

That's a good start DR ELMORE....on the property that is.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2018, 02:33:56 PM »

And on the embarrassing side of my family, my niece Emily, Macbeth's older daughter, will be appearing on the next season of Bravo's The Real Housewives of Orange County.  Randy and I are betting how long before Lady M will try to push her fat ass onto the program.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 02:40:57 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2018, 02:37:42 PM »

And on the embarrassing side of my family, my niece Emily, Macbeth's older daughter, is now appearing on Bravo's The Real Housewives of Orange County.  Randy and I are betting how long before Lady M will try to push her fat ass onto the program.

You're related to someone who's famous!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2018, 02:40:19 PM »

And on the embarrassing side of my family, my niece Emily, Macbeth's older daughter, is now appearing on Bravo's The Real Housewives of Orange County.  Randy and I are betting how long before Lady M will try to push her fat ass onto the program.

You're related to someone who's famous!

Well, who knows?  Perhaps she will crash and burn.  It's the next season, so I have no idea when it will begin.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2018, 02:46:22 PM »

The more I think about Soft Power the less I like it.  I did not, however, mention the excellent cast and Danny Troob orchestrations.  But this team is like all teams today - completely not understanding what the damn purpose of a tryout really is.  They're clearly locking the show at the Ahmanson and THEN will reconvene for changes before San Francisco, thereby subverting the entire point - which is throw out that which is clearly not working, cut the crap that's not working, rewrite, and put all those changes IN at the Ahmanson during the run - that's how you fix - you listen, you learn, you change and then the audience tells you if you got it right. 

John G.

« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2018, 02:53:27 PM »

Soft Power sounds soft-headed, and I don’t think the playwright wants to be soft. I wonder if the money is talking too much.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2018, 02:54:13 PM »

Anybody watching Little Women Sunday?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2018, 02:57:00 PM »

TOD

CD: Feathertop
DVD: Brokenwood Mysteries
Car CD: Jo Nesbo’s MacBeth. (Not to be confused with the Scottish play)
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2018, 03:07:55 PM »

The more I think about Soft Power the less I like it.  I did not, however, mention the excellent cast and Danny Troob orchestrations.  But this team is like all teams today - completely not understanding what the damn purpose of a tryout really is.  They're clearly locking the show at the Ahmanson and THEN will reconvene for changes before San Francisco, thereby subverting the entire point - which is throw out that which is clearly not working, cut the crap that's not working, rewrite, and put all those changes IN at the Ahmanson during the run - that's how you fix - you listen, you learn, you change and then the audience tells you if you got it right. 

It's interesting.  Last week, I just finished reading Ted Chapin's Everything Was Possible: The Birth of the Musical Follies (I LOVED IT! WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG TO READ THIS??), and he talks about this very thing.  They're in Boston and they're listening to the audiences and EVERYONE is making changes (Hal Prince, Michael Bennett, Stephen Sondheim, James Goldman) and nothing is set until they reach Broadway.  That makes so much sense.  Maybe writers nowadays don't (or can't?) write or re-write that quickly.  Just a thought. :-\

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2018, 03:11:45 PM »

No one working in musical theatre today understands the process - they're cocky in a way none of the old guard was.  I just never understand it.  I made changes to Levi right through the run - mostly cosmetic and minor due to the mostly student cast not being around to rehearse changes and because AEA is really jerky about making changes on the guest artist contract - which is a lot of nerve with a new show, but AEA is just about as jerky and stupid as it gets.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2018, 03:25:26 PM »

It's a great book DR GEORGE!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2018, 03:26:42 PM »

Anybody watching Little Women Sunday?

I may.  I liked the screenwriter's work on Cranford and Call the Midwife, but she made an abortion of Gigi for Broadway last year. It was a mess of Lerner's screenplay as well as Colette's novella, turning a sophisticated comedy into a teenage romcom.

FJL

« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2018, 03:43:39 PM »

That may be a sign they're expecting the top NY critics to show up in L.A. (which can happen if it's high profile and not officially called a "tryout" before Bway.)

ChasSmith

« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2018, 05:01:10 PM »

Done here and driving back tomorrow.

I’m sorry to leave this nice weather. It was 15 or 20 degrees cooler in Danbury today. But unfortunately, that’s par for the course. I’m used to it. Still...

ChasSmith

« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2018, 05:02:27 PM »

Stopped at Kroger and picked up a few cans of chili, and a twelve-pack each of Vernors for DR Elmore and me.

ChasSmith

« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2018, 05:02:44 PM »

Cincinnati souvenirs.

ChasSmith

« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2018, 05:05:14 PM »

I’ll be E&T again all day tomorrow. At least till late in the evening.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up