Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DANNY THOMAS SPIT TAKE  (Read 46622 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:THE DANNY THOMAS SPIT TAKE
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2005, 10:22:29 AM »

Sorry about your wasted trip MBARNUM - and yes I would have gladly accompanied you to the festivities!  The prints didn't arrive?  I guess too many theatres were showing them this weekend.  LOL

Hmmmmmmmmm.....either no one wants to play the sequel game, or no one reads my posts.  Either way....hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Actually, DRJRand54, I'm lousy at such games.  The only film I could think of, since there was a legit sequel to the novel, would be AROUND THE WORLD WITH AUNTIE MAME, with Rosalind Russell, Roger Smith, Coral Browne, Pippa Scott, and whatever characters reappeared in Patrick Dennis' sequel.  Forrest Tucker could come have come back and played his loutish cousin in Venice.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2005, 10:25:15 AM »

At least the lawn service that services my parents pseudo-subdivision, also does snow removal. They did a rather thorough job of removing the snow earlier.  They even had two men with shovels clearing away the areas in front of the driveways and sewer drains that were blocked by the snow being pushed to the side by the snowplow.  Now that's service!

I’m very impressed.  When we live in Massachusetts the snow plow would come down the hill and around the corner of our house, on occasion, leaving four feet of snow in front of our driveway.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2005, 10:32:22 AM »

As long as we're talking cheesecake, I just finished a slice of mine. IMHO - delish.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2005, 10:41:55 AM »

"All that Flipping"  That shall be the title of my new novel.

Jane

« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2005, 10:49:22 AM »

Great title - :-\

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2005, 10:54:17 AM »

"All that Flipping"  That shall be the title of my new novel.

:o

...Ummm...

:-X

...Nevermind...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2005, 10:54:53 AM »

I'll thank you in the acknowledgments.

There is no one working today at the hosting company, so one presumes they'll at least look into the problem tomorrow.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2005, 10:55:05 AM »

Thanks DRELMORE.

I am sorry to report that Mr Johnny Carson has passed away.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2005, 10:56:28 AM »

Speaking of "flipping"...

Steve's mother could never say "Filipino".  She would tell her friends that her son was seeing a...

Flappino

-I think I'll take Haitian over that... Hmmm... I dunno...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2005, 10:56:33 AM »

I am pondering food, oh, yes, I am pondering food.  Food is what I am pondering.

Jane

« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2005, 10:57:40 AM »

A Topic:

If you could have been born in a different country, in a different culture, speaking a different language, which one and why?

I'm still a Francophile, and would have loved to grow up on the outskirts of Paris.  And I just "j'adore" the French language.  However, I will say, as I'm getting older, I do wonder what it would have been like to have been born and to grow up in the Philippines.  "It" really is still so foreign to me, much more than it should be.  I was there when I was six-years old, and that's been it.  And, strangely enough, now that I think about it, my parents have never really talked to any of us (the four boys) about their childhood in the Islands.  That should be remedied sooner rather than later too.

...OK.. Enough musing for now before my mind starts really musing...

Once again... Goodnight.

I love the Italian language, food and the country, but I would not want to have grown up as an Italian woman-all that pinching those men did-ouch!

French woman always seemed so charming and the country is beautiful, maybe France would be the country to be born in if not America.

I will have to choose England, my mother’s home.  It too is a beautiful country and I feel a strong family connection with it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2005, 10:58:50 AM »

How old was Johnny?  I'm never really shocked when I hear of people's passing when their old, but isn't it funny that Johnny is one man whose passing does shock me even though he must have been close to eighty.  He just always seemed like a boy, so filled with energy and charm and, of course, he was with us on television every single night for so many years.

Jane

« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2005, 10:59:05 AM »

JRand sad news.  I didn't know he had been ill.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2005, 10:59:33 AM »

It is now 11:01 and I am still pondering food.

Tomovoz

« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2005, 11:00:58 AM »

DR Tom: CARNIVALE was an HBO series so naturally it was shown commercial free, but only in one hour (or a little less) chunks per episode. The second season is now three episodes old as of tonight's installment, but I haven't watched the second season. I noticed that HBO is showing all three episodes on Friday night to allow those of us who had other things on Sunday nights to watch a chance to et caught up. Since TV is mostly lame on Friday night, I may getg back into it. But it's pretty heavy going.
Thank you Matt. The only TV programe, other than "Six Feet Under", I have enjoyed and looked forward to each week, for a good many years.
HBO means nothing to me.  Out "free to air" National broadcaster had the rights here. Usually they would be showing a UK/BBC historical drama series in this time slot.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2005, 11:01:35 AM »

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2005, 11:03:32 AM »

I'm here on Safari (not a shooting one - just photos). AOL does not seem to be able to access the site.
Walked down to the Farmers Market this morning to spend some quality time with the interesting crowd there. Bought a lovely bunch of tulips (but no coconuts).

Forgot to mention that the other day at Tower Records I picked up (for $9.99) a 2 DVD TV Classics - 17 shows - The Jack Benny Show and You Bet Your Life. Should be fun.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2005, 11:04:55 AM by Panni »

Panni

« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2005, 11:05:56 AM »

***Good Vibes to those DRs in the storm area!****

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2005, 11:06:19 AM »

Thank You, Mr. Carson, for introducing me to late night TV.  To up and coming comics.  To actors past and present.  To pop music.  To jazz.  To classical music.  To true humor and comedy.  A true class act.  Thank you.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2005, 11:06:50 AM »

I finally accessed via AOL for the first time today.  I'm sure they'll all figure it out tomorrow.  Sometimes in the past they get some server in China who "jams" certain of our hosts sites with millions of spam and it mucks up their works - could have something to do with why it's glitching through only AOL.  It will probably be intermittant today and non-existant tomorrow (the glitching).

Panni

« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2005, 11:07:41 AM »

Johnny was never supposed to die. I like the fact that he pulled a minor Greta Garbo in that he rarely appeared in public (for the press, anyway) once he retired. I like to remember him as the "Heeeeere's Johnny!" of old.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2005, 11:07:43 AM »

It is 11:09 and, for a change of pace, I am pondering food.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2005, 11:07:58 AM »

Mr Johnny Carson was 79 - and yes it is shocking to think he is gone even though he hasn't been on television regularly for many years.

Mr Jack Paar, Mr Steve Allen, and Mr Johnny Carson will always be my favorite "late night" talk show hosts.  They were guests in our home and they were always welcome.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2005, 11:08:04 AM »

I just returned from Panera where I had a wonderful Bistro Steak Salad with crumbled blue cheese and walnuts and a cup of cream of chicken wild rice soup. It was delicious. Unfortunatly they didn't have cheesecake.

Panni

« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2005, 11:08:53 AM »

***Best of vibes to DR Ann and her continued and quick recovery***

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2005, 11:09:50 AM »

The Shadow knows.  Or, at the very least, The Shadow nose.
I've seen the Shadow's nose.  No, no, no!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MBarnum

« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2005, 11:10:17 AM »

DR JRand54, as you might guess I would love for there to have been a sequel to ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE...in fact a whole series of sequels would have made my life a happy one..and given Ms. June Kenney a few extra paychecks!

Cillaliz

« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2005, 11:10:50 AM »

Johnny was never supposed to die. I like the fact that he pulled a minor Greta Garbo in that he rarely appeared in public (for the press, anyway) once he retired. I like to remember him as the "Heeeeere's Johnny!" of old.

There was story on tv the other night that it was confirmend he has been providing jokes to David Letterman. He still came up with a lot of jokes from the news and no outlet for them, so he gave them to Letterman

Panni

« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2005, 11:11:28 AM »

I just returned from Panera where I had a wonderful Bistro Steak Salad with crumbled blue cheese and walnuts and a cup of cream of chicken wild rice soup. It was delicious. Unfortunatly they didn't have cheesecake.

A Panera recently opened just up the street. They serve a huge hot chocolate. Not the greatest hot chocolate - but lovely to look at.

MBarnum

« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2005, 11:12:05 AM »

I have never seen AMERICAN IDOL, so I have no opinion about it...I did not need another show to get hook on! LOL!

If they let the singers be all ages instead of just youngsters I would more then likely have given it a look-see...you know me, I am always rooting for the over 70 crowd! LOL!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up