Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE GNU GNOTES  (Read 22883 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE GNU GNOTES
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2005, 05:39:57 PM »

Here is my next dilemma: Am I finished eating for the evening or do I just have to go out and get me some sweets.  That's the dilemma.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2005, 05:40:20 PM »

And one for Mahler.  And one for kreplach.  And one for page six.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2005, 05:43:28 PM »

I'm still logey.

I checked out those MGM DVDs re the class action lawsuit.  I have over 100 of them, so they'd owe me over seven hundred bucks.  I think I'll call on Monday and get the form.

It's an "automated response line," so don't think you have to wait until Monday.  They ask for your name and address and then it automatically hangs up on you.  :)

Do you know anything about this?  I've been doing a little research and I think it's all a big brouhaha because of those inserts they used to include that showed the difference between P&S and WS.  Evidently the lawsuit is based on the fact that MGM claimed the WS versions were 50% bigger than P&S.  So I guess the reason the non-WS DVDs are on the list is because the inserts were in them.  Isn't that hilarious?  I don't care.  I'll take $300 any day.  I may even have more of them--this was just a first glance look for me.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #153 on: January 29, 2005, 05:51:36 PM »

ENTERPRISE was the first of a multi-episode story (which I didn't know when I started watching). Good episode, but I was angry that nothing I read tipped me off that the episode wasn't self-contained.

I just finished watching "Enterprise" and I didn't know that it was a multi-parter, either.  Actually, haven't all the episodes this season been muli-part episodes?  I also thought that it "looked" different than previous episodes...the lighting, the film/video tape, maybe.  I don't know if the director is new or if he (it was a man, wasn't it?) was just trying something different, but it reminded me a little bit of the look of "Battlestar Galactica."
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #154 on: January 29, 2005, 06:03:22 PM »

I only have seven movies on the MGM list.  But I guess $49 is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick! ;) Hey, I wonder if the library where I work can make a claim! :o
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: January 29, 2005, 06:06:34 PM »

Much as I don't mind getting cash, this is just the latest in what is now the "in" thing - sue anyone for any stupid reason.  I'm all for a good class action lawsuit, and have wanted to instigate some of my own (especially against eBay), but this is a ridiculous one.  

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2005, 06:10:03 PM »

SOMEWHERE OUT THERE
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR
HE’S A TRAMP

Danise

« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2005, 06:15:07 PM »

Evening all.

I had a very nice day today and I hope you did as well.

I went to get the blind for Bonnie and that worked out sort of half and half.

Down side.  They didn’t have the blind (so why did they make me drive out there?).  Upside.  I was promised they would get me one.  

Up side, they had the registration for Bonnie.  Down side.  It was somehow mixed up and instead of getting a new tag for Bonnie, the old tag from the van was transferred to the SUV.  Not a big problem.  I’ll just get that 2nd tag on Monday when I go to work.  Being in the County Center does have it’s plusses.  

Upside, now that I have the registration for Bonnie, I can take her to be inspected for the insurance company.  They only gave me until 2/2 to have it done or the insurance would be null and void.  

Upside, when I mentioned I wanted to have another remote and key made for Bonnie, he told me he would have that done and ready for me next Saturday at half the cost it would have been had I gone to a dealership.  

Downside, I have to drive all the way to the other side of town (again) to get it and then again to get the blind when he gets that.  

Oh well, such is life.

David Copperfield.  Ahhh, what a wonderful show that man does!  It was well worth the wait to see him after all of these years and I have made myself the promise that I WILL go see him if he ever comes back this way again.

When I was waiting to go into the show, I stuck up a conversation with a lady who was celebrating her 40th birthday today.  She didn’t have anyone who would go to the show with her so she decided to just go on her own.  I told her I was in the same boat and had even traveled to NYC by myself to see some shows.  

She said she was going to do that as well someday.  Anyway, we had a real nice chat and I bumped into her again as we were leaving.  She somehow managed to meet Mr. Copperfield.  I said that was a very nice gift for ones birthday.  

I always have mixed feelings about standing around stage doors N Not that I did-- I just took my time going to the parking lot and shopped in the little store at the theater.  Part of me would love the chance to say hello but the other part knows I’ll just choke and say something totally dumb and unremarkable so why bother. I sure goofed when I finely got my moment with Michael Ball.  I’m sure I left a big impression with him.  

Anyway, I also met a very nice older gentleman who was sitting to my left before the show started.  He was there with his daughter and his 3 granddaughters.  We had a very nice chat about the lack of good shows on TV and the good old days of the variety shows.  Neither of us cared much for the “reality” shows like “Fear Factor”.  

I stopped off at Walmart and bought the floor mats for Bonnie along with some other items.   Then it was off to Subway to pick up dinner and home.  

All in all a very nice day.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JMK

« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2005, 06:18:18 PM »

I just found a bunch more.  Don't forget boxed sets (like the Billy Wilder, which has 3 or so on the list).

What I'm wondering is if you still have to have your receipts.  I can't imagine they would require that.  I assume you'll have to tear off the proofs of purchase (finally, they're good for something!).

I'm not sure that is indeed what the lawsuit is about--it's just what some people are saying it's about on Usenet (and we know all about that, don't we?   ;D )

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jed

« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2005, 06:21:03 PM »

From what I just read about the MGM DVD thing, it looks like the $7.10 is in exchange for the DVDs.  I've only got 3 from the list, and as much as I'd be happy to get an extra $21.30, I don't want to send them three of my DVDs to do so.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 06:21:23 PM by Jed »
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jane

« Reply #160 on: January 29, 2005, 06:22:40 PM »

Danise I enjoyed reading about your day.  :D

Danise

« Reply #161 on: January 29, 2005, 06:23:19 PM »

Good morning! I am here but must now shower, shave and get down to Big Lots...they have down alternative pillows on sale! (I do hope my weekend gets a bit more exciting! LOL!)

You had to shower and shave to go see a pillow?!  Wow!  I'm impressed.  I just gotta see one of those.   ;D :D
What exactly IS a down alternative pillow?

Beautiful pictures  DR’s Hisaka and DR TD.  I’m glad you have them to help remember your babies.  
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 06:25:03 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JMK

« Reply #162 on: January 29, 2005, 06:23:31 PM »

I'm not sure that's correct, Jed.  What I understood is you have your choice--either a new DVD or the $7.10.  Look at the actual filing of the plaintiff's complaint on the site.

And, BK, I will join you in a class action suit against eBay anytime you're ready.  They (and their mutant child, PayPal) have screwed me over so many times I can't believe it.

JMK

« Reply #163 on: January 29, 2005, 06:25:18 PM »

The thing that's strange about all of this is that the lawsuit is evidently about the INSERTS, not the DVDs themselves.  I still have a bunch of the old MGM inserts that show the difference between P&S and WS, and they say you get 50% more image on WS.  Obviously the Plaintiff is alleging that the width stays the same (it's a semantic thing--and I agree it's frivolous, but it's MGM/UA, so I am happy to take some of their ill-gotten gains, LOL).

Danise

« Reply #164 on: January 29, 2005, 06:27:04 PM »

Thank you, Jane.

I'm very happy to see Ann up and about and posting.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: January 29, 2005, 06:28:35 PM »

Oh, yes, I always forget about the marvelous songs in Lady and the Tramp.

Danise

« Reply #166 on: January 29, 2005, 06:30:27 PM »

Everyone already mentioned the songs I like and that's just about everyone that was listed!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #167 on: January 29, 2005, 06:34:45 PM »

Saturday night.  Another Saturday night.  This has got to be the most boring and un-interesting TRADING SPACES in its history.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #168 on: January 29, 2005, 06:35:05 PM »

CAPTAIN NEWMAN MD is on TCM at 10 pm EST.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #169 on: January 29, 2005, 06:36:05 PM »

Angie Dickinson - where is the POLICE WOMAN DVD set?

Tuesday is the release date for the I LOVE LUCY Third Season DVD set!  I pre-ordered so hopefully it will be in my mailbox on that day!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #170 on: January 29, 2005, 06:42:35 PM »

Add "He's a Tramp" to my list, too.  Love that song

Danise

« Reply #171 on: January 29, 2005, 06:45:34 PM »

I think I solved my sock problem.  I won 6 pairs of womans army issue thermal socks on E-bay.  They should keep my feet warm should I need them to be in NYC in March.

I phoned in my Income Tax last night using TelaTax.  It only takes about 15 minutes.  Wham, Bam, Thank you, Uncle Sam!  

Only problem was I wanted my refund direct depostited to my checking account.  It couldn't seem to catch the account number so it said it would just mail the check.  Boo, hiss.  I know that will delay my getting it.   I just hope it comes before the trip.  I was counting on it for my spending money.

Speaking of NYC, has anyone got any plans in place? I have decided that I have to see Harvey Fierstein and that wonderful voice of his.  I am thinking about getting a ticket for Friday night.  Anyone else game?

Also I am going to ride a subway.  I would like it very much if someone would go with me the first time.  I don't care where we go.   Would anyone mind going with me or allowing me to tag along with you?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #172 on: January 29, 2005, 06:48:41 PM »

The shower door, to our newly remodeled shower in our newly remodeled bathroom, was finally installed yesterday.  So today I treated myself to half of the shower experience.  I’m still hesitant to have sprays hitting me from both walls.  Keith loves it but I have visions of water in my eyes.  What I did experience was a nice, from very high up, massaging shower head and two different smaller shower heads located below the water controls, one above the other.  Those kind of tickled.  The new shower is nice and big and all that water kept me very warm and happy.

Jane

« Reply #173 on: January 29, 2005, 06:51:47 PM »

Danise I was pleasantly surprised how friendly people were on the subway.  Also don't hesitate to ask for help.  I had people walk with me until they were sure I was going in the right direction.  

Danise

« Reply #174 on: January 29, 2005, 06:52:01 PM »

And you all thought I was picky because I wanted a tub/shower in my hotel bathroom.  Hump.   ;)

Sounds great, DR Jane!  I'll have to keep that in mind if we ever get around to remodeling this joint.  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: January 29, 2005, 06:53:15 PM »

I don't think I've ever seen Captain Newman, MD.  Should I TIVO it?

I am watching another thoroughly captivating French film, this by the great Philippe de Broca, made in 1997.  More about it later.

Danise

« Reply #176 on: January 29, 2005, 06:54:19 PM »

I saw a show the other night about the subways in NYC.  It didn't look that bad until they showed the pick pocket segment.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #177 on: January 29, 2005, 06:55:43 PM »

Danise- ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: January 29, 2005, 07:00:20 PM »

Welcome eight GUESTS.  Again, we've got more GUESTS than users.  Skammen.  Come on in GUESTS, don't be shy, meet a guy, pull up a chair.  The air is hummin'.

Danise

« Reply #179 on: January 29, 2005, 07:04:25 PM »

The air is hummin'.

And why is it hummin' you ask?  Because it doesn't know the words!  :) ;) :D ;D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up