Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: A FIT OF PIQUE  (Read 27902 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:A FIT OF PIQUE
« Reply #210 on: January 31, 2005, 05:13:44 PM »

Wow Mrs Olsen from the coffee commercials is convinced her uncle is NOT her uncle and she is trying to tell Myles - but he won't believe her....just wait a few minutes....it's Invasion of the Body Snatchers!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #211 on: January 31, 2005, 05:14:02 PM »

I already did a Thwinkie Dhance

Danise

« Reply #212 on: January 31, 2005, 05:36:24 PM »

Evening all.  Sorry that I was E&T yesterday. It was a bit of busy day for me.

Happiest of Birthdays to DR Michael Shayne!

Also congats to New Goddess, VixMom! There is always room for one more here among the clouds!

Fairy Bread looks interesting. I’m not so sure I would go so far as to say it looks appetizing but it does look interesting.

How is everyone feeling?  DR Elmore?  DR Ann?  DR Ozderek?  I hope all of you are on the mend or already mended.  Can I get an Amen?  Never mind.  

DR Elmore, I read your kind offer of going with me on the subway.  Thank you very much!  I just want to get the feel of it before I go “solo”.  

Anyone else getting excited about the trip?  I must say that I am.  While out and about yesterday, I bought the cutest little book called  New York Inside Out.   It’s small enough to fit in your pocket or purse and not take up a great deal of room but it has the nicest little maps in it that all fold out.  It even has a small “Insider Guide” to the places of interest and some of the hotels.  I’m please to say it even lists The Muse under “Boutique Hotels”.  It states that it has every amenity.  It is even shown on the map.

I’m sorry to say that the Milford is not listed.  Not even under “Budget Hotels” nor is it on the map.  

After looking at the map, I could kick myself for being so close to the zoo the last time and not knowing it.  Shucks.  Maybe this time I will make it.

A BTW—while I'm thinking about it---what was the site we all visited to get the smiley faces, etc.  I seem to have lost my link to there.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 05:36:51 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #213 on: January 31, 2005, 05:41:56 PM »

Danise your cake is much nicer than the one I tried to post earlier today.

Danise

« Reply #214 on: January 31, 2005, 05:47:55 PM »

Thank you, Jane.  I'm glad you like it.  I can send it to you if you like.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: January 31, 2005, 05:49:08 PM »

How is everyone feeling?  DR Elmore?  DR Ann?  DR Ozderek?  

DR Elmore, I read your kind offer of going with me on the subway.  Thank you very much!  I just want to get the feel of it before I go “solo”.  

Anyone else getting excited about the trip?  I must say that I am.  While out and about yesterday, I bought the cutest little book called  New York Inside Out.   It’s small enough to fit in your pocket or purse and not take up a great deal of room but it has the nicest little maps in it that all fold out.  It even has a small “Insider Guide” to the places of interest and some of the hotels.  I’m please to say it even lists The Muse under “Boutique Hotels”.  It states that it has every amenity.  It is even shown on the map.

I’m sorry to say that the Milford is not listed.  Not even under “Budget Hotels” nor is it on the map.  

After looking at the map, I could kick myself for being so close to the zoo the last time and not knowing it.  Shucks.  Maybe this time I will make it.

DRDanise, several things:

Thank you for asking; I think I'm healing.  We'll see what the surgeon has to say next Monday.

The Zoo?  Do you mean the Central Park Children's Zoo?  The Bronx Zoo is quite further up and outside Manhattan?

I think it's great that you are getting excited about this year's trip.  I think DRBen and I, as well as all our incoming friends, wil see that your trip this time is not so uncomfortable or intimidating as the last.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #216 on: January 31, 2005, 05:50:10 PM »

Danise your cake is much nicer than the one I tried to post earlier today.

Hey, DRJane!  Did you get the Zabar page?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #217 on: January 31, 2005, 06:02:43 PM »

When I tossed paper into my eggs I decided to take a break from everything else I was doing and concentrate on cooking my dinner.  I had been emailing to three different people, messaging a forth person and visiting here. ::)

Jane

« Reply #218 on: January 31, 2005, 06:03:53 PM »

Okay Danise-thanks.

I did elmore-thank you.  Now I'm going to check it out.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #219 on: January 31, 2005, 06:04:13 PM »

Today I turned down a little "acting" job.  The producers of Penn and Teller's Bullshit, now in its third season, called me to do another hidden camera bit.  I turned it down for two reasons - a) because I would never do a hidden camera bit for their show unless my friend David was directing - there's just too much that can go wrong with people you don't know behind the scenes calling the shots.  And b) because frankly I just don't see the point, given that they have never asked me back to write for the show - considering that, along with David, I was the best they had.  I'd already turned down one of these a couple of months ago, for the same reason.  It's just funny to me - somehow the producer of the show just got it in his head that I should be the hidden camera guy.  Oh, well.  It doesn't pay enough to really worry about.

Danise

« Reply #220 on: January 31, 2005, 06:04:43 PM »

When I tossed paper into my eggs I decided to take a break from everything else I was doing and concentrate on cooking my dinner.  I had been emailing to three different people, messaging a forth person and visiting here. ::)

Now THAT'S what I call multi-tasking!   :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #221 on: January 31, 2005, 06:05:13 PM »

I'm logey now.  I wrote about nine pages today - again, very unusual for me.  Eight of them were new, but I also did some additions earlier in the book - suggestions that my friend Margaret had that were totally right on the money.

Danise

« Reply #222 on: January 31, 2005, 06:11:55 PM »

DRDanise, several things:

Thank you for asking; I think I'm healing.  We'll see what the surgeon has to say next Monday.

The Zoo?  Do you mean the Central Park Children's Zoo?  The Bronx Zoo is quite further up and outside Manhattan?

I think it's great that you are getting excited about this year's trip.  I think DRBen and I, as well as all our incoming friends, wil see that your trip this time is not so uncomfortable or intimidating as the last.

Humm, I guess it's the Children's Zoo.  It just says "Central Park Zoo" on the little map.  The thing is I think I was right on the path when I took my walk thru Centra Park but I must have some how missed it!

I don't want you or Ben to go to a lot of trouble on my account.  I already know my way around top side pretty well.  You would be suprised how well I remember where things are.  

There's a place in Times Square that had little thin sandwiches that I didn't see until the morning I was leaving so I didn't get to try them.  I will this time.  And I want a Chocolate Cigar again.  I also will pick some things up on Tuesday morning before I leave to bring home to Mom.  A Chocolate Cigar, some cream horns and at least one of those little sandwiches if it turns out that I like them.   :D

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #223 on: January 31, 2005, 06:16:26 PM »

I guess I should have said that our tastes are almost the same so if I like the sandwich, Mom will too.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #224 on: January 31, 2005, 06:19:53 PM »

Hate to say it but I must go.  We're doing a Orientation tomorrow.  I want to be bright eyed and bushy tailed for it.  It doesn’t make a good impression on the new hires if one is yawning all over the place.  

Have a nice evening all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #225 on: January 31, 2005, 06:24:13 PM »

DR Danise - Yes, indeed, I am getting very excited about the rendezvous in NYC!  It now looks like my niece from Illinois will be able to spend the day Saturday with me.  We decided, if BK has a signing, we'll go to that and, if not, we'll try TKTS for a Broadway show.  Don't know if she'll be going to Penny's show that night - depends on the schedule of her "significant other," who will be conducting at Carnegie Hall Saturday afternoon and Alice Tully Hall Sunday evening.  I'm planning on going to the concert at ATH.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #226 on: January 31, 2005, 06:25:43 PM »

DR Jane:  A "test positive" is one of the little pricks they give you that will definitely get a positive reaction.  I haven't a clue what the agent is, but they look at your reaction to it and then compare it to the reaction you have to other agents they've placed on your skin.  

I don't know any more than that.  

And it ain't fittin' I continue by speculating further...
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #227 on: January 31, 2005, 06:27:08 PM »

DR vixmom - Congratulations on your goddessness.  Guess I have some catching up to do.

DR Ann - Good to hear that you're feeling better - just don't overdo it too soon.  If you had a general anesthetic, you'll probably be feeling the effects of that for a while.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #228 on: January 31, 2005, 06:28:13 PM »

Danise, there are two zoos in Manhattan, the Central Park Zoo and the recently refurbished Children's Zoo just a few steps away. The Children's Zoo is a lot of fun and the CPZoo is (IMHO), wonderful. Anthony and I are members and have been for years. I love the Penguin area. It's at 65th Street in Central Park. If we don't get to go with you, it's easy to find. Just ask where the Children's Zoo is located and they will point you in the right direction. It's very easy to find.

Your hotel, The Milford Plaza has been around for quite a while. It became the Milford in the late 70s or perhaps in 1980. I forget what it was called before it became the Milford. It's a very popular (if small-roomed) mid-level tourist hotel, always full of tour groups, especially school tour groups and as you know, you're right around the corner from Phantom of the Opera and a short walk to Theatre Row on 42nd Street and 9th Avenue where Miss Penny Orloff's show is playing.

Must run as I have a phone call coming in.

See ya all tomorrow.

Ginny

« Reply #229 on: January 31, 2005, 06:35:03 PM »

DR Ben - Congratulations on your no-sick-leave reward.  We get our choice of 8 hours of comp time or $100.  I've only earned it a couple of times, but it's sure nice (I take the comp time, always).

Jane

« Reply #230 on: January 31, 2005, 06:41:43 PM »

Ron thanks.  I remember now.  It is to make sure you do react to something.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #231 on: January 31, 2005, 06:46:16 PM »

And what is everyone having for dinner?

And, lest we forget: RHUMBA!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: January 31, 2005, 06:52:15 PM »

And what is everyone having for dinner?

And, lest we forget: RHUMBA!

Pizza, with pepperoni, mushrooms and fresh garlic delivered from Caesar's, 84th and Amsterdam, the best pizza in my neck of Manhattan.

BOOGIE!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: January 31, 2005, 06:54:57 PM »

I must say that sounds quite yummilicious, and now I wish I hadn't eaten the damn Popeye's.  I love Popeye's but I always feel gross after eating it.  I always have the same thing, too - two mild breasts, which come with two biscuits.  I'm always in search of two mild breasts.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #234 on: January 31, 2005, 06:57:14 PM »

DR DANISE here is the link we got many moons ago from ex DR NOEL's wife DR JOY.   ;D

http://www.clicksmilies.com/

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #235 on: January 31, 2005, 06:57:55 PM »

MMMMMMMMmm I had chicken and noodles and a salad and corn.  Plus two twinkies for dessert!

Ginny

« Reply #236 on: January 31, 2005, 07:01:34 PM »

Dinner:  My semi-retired DH Richard cooked NY strip steaks, baked potatoes, and mixed veggies.  Nice to come home to after a long day at work.

Ben

« Reply #237 on: January 31, 2005, 07:03:29 PM »

We had veggie burgers and a salad with raspberry ice tea. I had an apple after dinner and I'm sure Mr. Anthony will find something to eat after I go to sleep, he's funny that way.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #238 on: January 31, 2005, 07:08:22 PM »

When you get tired of the R(h)umba - you can go to that tres chic club in Miami Beach - La Conga - and learn the latest dance craze!   ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #239 on: January 31, 2005, 07:17:33 PM »

Has anyone here in "the business" worked with Mr Ralph Votrian?  He does mostly voice over work now....and I think he did some Radio/Cd work with Mr Harlan Ellison and may have worked with Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 07:31:52 PM by JRand54 »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up