Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: A FIT OF PIQUE  (Read 27172 times)

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
Re:A FIT OF PIQUE
« Reply #270 on: January 31, 2005, 11:28:51 PM »

It's very simple, really.  A bag of macaroni, I find the little salad macaroni works best, about 2/3 of a cup of mayo, two cans of drained tiny shrimp, and a cup of chopped celery.  Simple, but yummy.  

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #271 on: January 31, 2005, 11:29:13 PM »

Hey!  Page 10!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #272 on: January 31, 2005, 11:30:11 PM »

I'm writing some instructions for La Jolie Femme.  Hang on!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #273 on: January 31, 2005, 11:38:04 PM »

Hello! Can someone help me?  I'm computer illiterate and although I have a photo ready to put on my page, I don't know how to do it.  It's of me...and I entered the edit page mode to put it in, marked "have own Photo", but it says to enter a web path to my page, and I don't have one. What I need is a simple, 1-2-3-4 etc. step process by which I can accomplish this.  Bruce has forgotten...Charles has forgotten...I never KNEW!

Please, oh, please help!

Fish, LJF

It's very simple.  No, really, it is!  Assuming you're using a Windows-based PC (if you're using a Mac, someone else will have to translate for me.  I've never used a Mac), right click on this picture and save it to your hard drive (Actually, this is the only part that's different for Macs vs. Windows PCs.  The rest is all the same).  Anywhere is fine, just save it somewhere where you will be able to find it again.  Here's the picture:

Then, click on your name next to your post (or you can go to Member List and find your name that way).  After you click on your name, you'll see your profile and in the first blue box near the top of the screen, you should see the word "Modify."  Click on this word and you'll get to the "Edit Profile" screen.  Scroll down to "Personalized Picture" and check the box "Upload own picture" and click the browse button.  Then find on your computer where you saved the picture in the first step.  When you've found the picture, click "Open."  That should put the file path into the previously empty box.  You can update any other information while you're there, so look around a bit.  When you're done with any and all updating to your profile, scroll down to the very bottom of the page, enter your password, then click "Change profile."  That should be it!

PS.  You might want to copy these instructions into a document so that you can have them when you do all of this.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #274 on: January 31, 2005, 11:38:33 PM »

I am back from a concert performance of Mr. William Finn's and Mr. James Lapine's A New Brain, as mounted by the good people at Reprise!

The performance reinforced my long-held belief that this show is criminally underrated.  Mr. Malcolm Gets played the lead part of Gordon Michael Schwinn, the role he originated when the show premiered in New York.  Mr. Kevin Earley (who appears to have survived his stint in Moses unbruised, and whose resplendent baritone voice guarantees that he has quite a future on the musical stage in front of him) offered a very touching Roger.  Miss Karen Morrow's performance as Gordon's mother was achingly poignant, and the supporting cast was solid, solid, solid.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

George

« Reply #275 on: January 31, 2005, 11:40:11 PM »

These are instructions to save it again, even though you have already saved it.  This way you'll know where you saved it the second time and be able to find it quickly.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #276 on: January 31, 2005, 11:46:17 PM »

A question for Dear Reader elmore 3003, Dear Reader Jose, or anyone else who might know.  A recording of Don Giovanni has just become available on Amazon.  The information on the site is sketchy, to say the least.  It lists the peformers as follows:  London, Grummer, Kunz, Loose, Bohm.

Is it safe to assume that "London" is George and "Bohm" is Karl?  Do you know this recording and, if so, can you recommend it?

You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #277 on: January 31, 2005, 11:49:24 PM »

Pogue, are you there?  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #278 on: January 31, 2005, 11:49:49 PM »

I totally forgot about A New Brain, which I'd meant to see.  Oh, well.

George

« Reply #279 on: January 31, 2005, 11:52:41 PM »

I hope my instructions weren't too convoluted. :-\ If they were, I'm sorry but I'm sure that someone else will be able to be more helpful.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #280 on: January 31, 2005, 11:57:05 PM »

George, I'm sure they're fine.  Julieanne has gone to bed so she'll probably do it tomorrow...I'm printing them out in any case.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #281 on: February 01, 2005, 11:52:12 AM »

One more to get the topics back in the right order.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up