Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: ROUGH NIGHT IN THE OAKS OF SHERMAN  (Read 2818 times)

FJL

Re: ROUGH NIGHT IN THE OAKS OF SHERMAN
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2018, 02:44:49 PM »

Condolences to John G and family.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2018, 02:45:53 PM »

Continued vibes for Ron's mom.

Does anyone know if she's home now or still in the hospital?

Not home and I will be surprised if that happens soon.  This morning she was stable.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2018, 02:45:54 PM »

The Harlem trip took me two hours, and this accounting error will be removed from my account within five business days.  That's what I'm told.  I'll believe it when I see it.

Do you recall when HMOs first became commonplace? We were told that costs would be lower because they'd be so much more efficient! I've yet to see one that is anywhere near efficient.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2018, 02:46:49 PM »

But for your sake, Larry, I truly hope that the accounting error is now history.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2018, 02:48:29 PM »

Continued vibes for Ron's mom.

Does anyone know if she's home now or still in the hospital?

Not home and I will be surprised if that happens soon.  This morning she was stable.

Thanks, Jane.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2018, 02:53:08 PM »

But for your sake, Larry, I truly hope that the accounting error is now history.

I will second that.

Jane

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2018, 03:01:34 PM »

I had a 10:00 hair cut appointment this morning.  Keith dropped me off and went to the gym and I would walk home after stopping at the market.

Instead he went to the market and when I texted him at 1:00 walked and met me half way home.

Jane

« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2018, 03:01:44 PM »

Why so long, because I decided I was bored waiting for my hair to go grey and had subtle, very subtle highlights added.  My new hairdresser that I love called them baby highlights.  She went slowly and was very careful to highlight as little of the grey as possible.  Now my brunette hair is a richer, brighter color than before and it all looks very natural.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2018, 03:01:50 PM »

My apartment building is in the throes of repairs. Yesterday I saw one of the workmen prepping the stairs. I inquired and learned that they would be painting the stairway today. There are three apartments at the top of the stairs and this is our ONLY means of escape. I asked the head handyman, who is also our painter. Yes, they are painting the stairs. The manager is WELL aware that I am allergic to paint. She is also aware that they'd be painting. Don't you think she'd at least inform us? Aside from my health issues, we need to either be in our apartments for the duration or away. Our handyman is a very considerate person and agreed to do the painting while I was at the dentist. Better for me, better for them. After the dentist (just a cleaning) I had lunch at Panera, then stopped at Dollar Tree, largely to give him the time he needed. I've been a landlord twice and I am appalled at the lack of planning and organization and utter disregard for the tenants. The last time a tenant left they had to pour a ton of money into the unit, and even newly renovated it sat for five months. The owner clearly wants to keep her tenants, and yet you wouldn't know it from the way they do things.

Jane

« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2018, 03:02:04 PM »

I love it.  Keith says my hair looks better but wishes I had added some blond to it.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2018, 03:11:56 PM »

While at the dentist I learned that he is having major health problems and will be retiring ASAP. He's sold the practice to another holistic dentist who I met today. I really like the retiring dentist--he found a solution for my enamel problem that left my previous dentist--prestigious dentist from UCLA dental school--dumbfounded. I am sorry to hear of his health issues and am very sorry to lose him. There aren't many holistic dentists around, even here in LA, and having gone to both conventional dentists and holistic I feel the holistic ones have a major edge. You just never know when you'll lose someone important to you.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2018, 03:19:42 PM »

Why so long, because I decided I was bored waiting for my hair to go grey and had subtle, very subtle highlights added.  My new hairdresser that I love called them baby highlights.  She went slowly and was very careful to highlight as little of the grey as possible.  Now my brunette hair is a richer, brighter color than before and it all looks very natural.

It sounds very nice. Do you know about Cindy Joseph and the pro-age movement? She was a make-up artist in NYC when she decided to stop hiding her gray hair. Someone stopped her on the street and asked if she was interested in modeling. They were looking for older models. She modeled from age 49 to her death last month at 67. She encourages women to go gray. She also has a line of cosmetics, called Boom! (for babyboomers). Personally, I still prefer to be a blonde, but I like the new appreciation  of gray hair.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2018, 03:23:41 PM »

TTFN.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2018, 03:29:43 PM »

While at the dentist I learned that he is having major health problems and will be retiring ASAP. He's sold the practice to another holistic dentist who I met today. I really like the retiring dentist--he found a solution for my enamel problem that left my previous dentist--prestigious dentist from UCLA dental school--dumbfounded. I am sorry to hear of his health issues and am very sorry to lose him. There aren't many holistic dentists around, even here in LA, and having gone to both conventional dentists and holistic I feel the holistic ones have a major edge. You just never know when you'll lose someone important to you.

I can imagine your disappointment.  Is he done with all the major work he was doing?

MEGA VIBES THE NEW DENTIST IS EQUALLY GOOD!

Ginny

« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2018, 03:31:06 PM »

Condolences to DR John G and family...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2018, 03:35:52 PM »

As some know, the first time I really knew Bacharach's name was an "inspired by" movies song called Hot Spell, which we wrote with Mack David (Hal's brother).  I heard it on the radio and ran out the next day and bought it - Ernie Felice on RCA, still have it - and I looked specifically to see who'd written it (Burt F. Bacharach).  Prior to that, I'd certainly heard Magic Moments as it was a big hit, but hadn't known at that point who'd written it.  Then next time I took notice was, of course, The Blob, then Liberty Valance, and then everything else.

Jane

« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2018, 03:48:56 PM »

It sounds very nice. Do you know about Cindy Joseph and the pro-age movement? She was a make-up artist in NYC when she decided to stop hiding her gray hair. Someone stopped her on the street and asked if she was interested in modeling. They were looking for older models. She modeled from age 49 to her death last month at 67. She encourages women to go gray. She also has a line of cosmetics, called Boom! (for babyboomers). Personally, I still prefer to be a blonde, but I like the new appreciation  of gray hair.

Not by name but I am familiar with her.  My plan was to embrace my grey, however, it is difficult to embrace something you don't actually have.  Her hair was a beautiful mixture of white to grey.

While looking online for ideas of what I could do with my hair I found two options.  The first was various ways to get rid of the grey all-together.  The other, to my surprise, was to add grey highlights.  I am glad my hairdresser gave me a third option.  I am not sure if anyone will even notice.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2018, 07:04:18 PM »

A lull! ::)

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2018, 07:04:44 PM »

I can imagine your disappointment.  Is he done with all the major work he was doing?

MEGA VIBES THE NEW DENTIST IS EQUALLY GOOD!

~~~SUPER DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2018, 07:06:13 PM »

I've been in a meeting most of the afternoon.  We're having a classification and compensation study done, and this week is the beginning of the meetings.  I'm only involved in a small part of it, but other things will be happening.  Hopefully, it'll all be equitable!

George

« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2018, 07:07:32 PM »

And now, I must be going.  I need to stop at my sister's for a little bit (I'm borrowing her glue gun), then I'm going home to work on props.  They want them by Friday!  We'll see about that. ;)

Be back later.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2018, 07:19:43 PM »

Jeanne, Ron's mother is still in the hospital, according to his Facebook posts. She has started physical therapy and seems to be doing a little better.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2018, 07:20:36 PM »

Starting to watch The Moon-Spinners, which I've never seen. Hayley Mills looks good. I'm sure I'll enjoy it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2018, 07:21:47 PM »

I had no idea the story was set on Crete. Even all these years later, some of the scenes are still recognizable. Gorgeous.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2018, 07:26:31 PM »

Another weird day at work. Lots of stuff done and a new contractor started, but something just felt, well, off kilter.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2018, 07:26:51 PM »

But first we need to get off this page.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2018, 07:27:00 PM »

And no malarkey about it.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2018, 07:28:27 PM »

I did manage to get a few pages of a novel read today. It felt good to do nothing but read while some music played in the background.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2018, 07:29:03 PM »

I listened to a violin concerto from Philip Glass called The Four Seasons. No relation to the Vivaldi.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2018, 07:29:11 PM »

Let's move on.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up