Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: SCARY NOTES  (Read 46114 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:SCARY NOTES
« Reply #150 on: October 31, 2003, 03:17:07 PM »

I really could have sworn that TImothy won it since Michael has been skating so very poorly these last few years, but I'm sure you've checked your sources and are right. THanks for the correction.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #151 on: October 31, 2003, 03:19:25 PM »

Gadzooks!  Now you can see who's NOT really into the new millenium!!!  Thanks, TCB.  It was 2003, not 1993.

THIS is Michael Weiss:

Matt H:  I'ts one of those anomalies that haunt U.S. figure skaters....Michelle Kwan and all those titles only to have the Olympic gold elude her....

Janet Lynn...lyrical skater who could never win major contests because her technicals were less steady...and then couldn't win the big one when they lowered the value of technical marks...just for her!!!!

And Michael Weiss...Three-time national champion, thwarted only by Todd Edlredge twice in five years...never able to grapple with the quads that elude him just as they did Todd.  Goebel has more quads than anyone and no artistic sensibility whatsoever.  Eldredge oozes artistry but has no quads....but his triples are so spectacular he never really needed the quad.

When Weiss lets his "butch guard" down, he's quite dazzling.  But he's more often than not too self-conscious of his posture (mustn't let that wrist bend even the slightest bit, Mikey, or your gym--owning dad may lose respect for you).
« Last Edit: October 31, 2003, 03:26:31 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Matt H.

« Reply #152 on: October 31, 2003, 03:22:47 PM »

Always wears muscle shirts to show off his physique. The USFSA loves him because he's straight in a sport that has been dominated by gay skaters in years past.

Tomovoz

« Reply #153 on: October 31, 2003, 03:24:26 PM »

Cinemascope again. I may just enjoy being bashed  around by a shrimp. It might indeed be just like so much fish.  I could just read part of the above posts and thought we had a post from Russ Tamblyn. Ah! No. It was Jason.  I thought "Tom Thumb" had joined us but no it was the unibrow kid.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #154 on: October 31, 2003, 03:25:55 PM »

I did think the Director's Cut of BLADE RUNNER was a tremendous improvement to what played in the theater, but I guess that's a special case since that first theatrical release was kind of forced on Scott.

I also agree that the director's version (as opposed to cut) is better than the original version that was imposed on him by the studo. There is another DVD release due out with more lost footage, I am looking forward to that one. Or even a theatrical re-release!!

Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2003, 03:26:18 PM »

He (or his agent) makes it a point to trot out those children of his for the TV camera even though they're way too young to fathom what's going on.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #156 on: October 31, 2003, 03:26:27 PM »

What?  They are allowing straight men to figure skate now?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #157 on: October 31, 2003, 03:30:39 PM »

MusicGuy: I was discussing Fred Bear with a friend last night.  The friend is a bear too but not of the TV children's show variety. He tells me his aunt was shattered by my revelations. Now to remember which of yesterday's posters was looking for his bear costume. Maybe it was Jay.
At least I am posting. Halloween is just not a topic that I have any knowedge of at all. (I do have a tendency to believe in the Great Pumpkin of Linus fame).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #158 on: October 31, 2003, 03:30:54 PM »

Whatever do you mean, TCB?

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #159 on: October 31, 2003, 03:32:34 PM »

Dear Tom from OZ:   You talk about whatever tickles your fancy!

We're listening.....
« Last Edit: October 31, 2003, 03:33:35 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Tomovoz

« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2003, 03:32:44 PM »

Skating is also not a topic upon which I can add much. One of my favourite comedy performances was dancer Wayne Sleep in a "Torville & Dean" routine.
James Thurber 1957

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #161 on: October 31, 2003, 03:33:35 PM »

In honor of this spooky day, here's a not-so-spooky picture of bats leaving a cave.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

« Reply #162 on: October 31, 2003, 03:34:14 PM »

I watched IT'S THE GREAT PUMPKIN, CHARLIE BROWN on DVD yesterday. I didn't want to suffer through the commercials when ABC showed it the other night.

Such a charming little show.

Tomovoz

« Reply #163 on: October 31, 2003, 03:36:10 PM »

DR Ron: A few Dear readers no doubt know what tickles my fancy. I don't think we need to go there!
I had hoped to post a photo of DR Jose today by my friendly Bear who has the photos gave me a copy of the theme form "Six Feet Under" on a disc instead! Maybe in a few days he will be able unearth the photos instead.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: October 31, 2003, 03:40:07 PM »

Are we Cinemascope on page five?  If so, is it the Alien pic?  If so, I'll delete it.  If so, let me know or I'll pelt you with a smelt

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2003, 03:41:12 PM »

Dear esteemed, eerie, cobweb-covered, and scarrrry BK  --

I was trying to be a good H/K, and read the days notes first, and then all of the existing posts before I added a comment here.  You are most welcome to lob shrimp cocktail shrimp at my gaping maw, as long as you aim carefully, so that I can enjoy them.

A VERY happy and scary Halloween to all of the lovely dear readers.  I have been travelling and performing for the past week, and have had almost no computer access.  But at the moment, I'm sitting in a rather drab Marriott in Waterbury, Connecticutt, bored to hell, but....can you believe it, they actually give you FREE hi-speed internet access for your laptop, right here in my very own, drab, room... FRREEEE !!  

So, I am checking in, and enjoying the plethora of pretty people and pictures, and pithy and plentiful posts.

DR Jason....if you don't quit talking negatively about yourself and your looks, you're gonna make me come back there and do things to you that could frighten fish!!  

My favorite costume I ever wore??  Well, as DR Kerry could tell you, I must have been frightened (or turned on ;) ) as a small child by anything that involved a cape.  So, I tend to always revert to that look.  Sorry, I don't have a picture that I know of.  

Finally, I'm not saying anything yet, but DR Kerry may have some pretty monumental news to announce next week.  Stay tuned....same time, same station. ;)

Matt H.

« Reply #166 on: October 31, 2003, 03:42:46 PM »

It didn't seem that way to me when I was on that page, bk, but maybe someone else can be more enlightening.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: October 31, 2003, 03:44:34 PM »

Very exciting about monumental news.  We look forward to monumental news and if we don't get it we shall pelt you with a pelt.

Michael

« Reply #168 on: October 31, 2003, 03:44:49 PM »

No cinemascope when I see it. I did ask MattH to check it though and he said no. So I left it
Never stop dreaming.

MusicGuy

« Reply #169 on: October 31, 2003, 03:47:56 PM »

DR Jay --  I love the little caption at the bottom left, under your picture.  I'm sure that Grandma Gelfinbaum would have absolutely loved that angelic  punim !

::)

Tomovoz

« Reply #170 on: October 31, 2003, 03:48:17 PM »

Page 5 is still cinemascope for me. Maybe I need to log off or refresh the page or some such thing.
James Thurber 1957

MusicGuy

« Reply #171 on: October 31, 2003, 03:52:33 PM »

Welcome,  Welcome to DR Dallas.  Tell us a little about yourself....enlighten us with your radiance.....'splain yourself, Lucy.. ??

I have to log off, and go eat some just too too exciting, plastic hotel food.  Where the hell is a good latke when you need one.

Happy Halloween to dear Kerry.....wish I was home!!!  :-[

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: October 31, 2003, 03:56:58 PM »

No food breaks.  Eat at your computers.  This is Halloween.  We need to be scary.  Soon I will be home scaring all the little children who come to my door, where they will be greeted by Fruma Sara.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: October 31, 2003, 04:09:10 PM »

I don't know, we were trudging ever onward, we had a tremendous burst of activity, and then everyone decides to go on a vacation?  We need more trudging, we need more bursts.

Tomovoz

« Reply #174 on: October 31, 2003, 04:26:18 PM »

Worth a photo opportunity - I have been washing my car. with water restrictions here, I am limited to using a bucket of water and not a hose. I think it is all Saints day here. Where then is St Françis D'Angouleme?
James Thurber 1957

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #175 on: October 31, 2003, 04:38:02 PM »

Here I am in my costume.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Danise

« Reply #176 on: October 31, 2003, 04:51:32 PM »

Happy Hall-o-screem all!

Well I got my trick for the night.  Just wasted another good half hour or more trying to figure out how to add an off board smiley.   I attemped to cut and paste, I tried copy and paste, I linked, I attached, I tried to up load. I pointed and clicked. I tried to drag and drop. I clicked on every button in the post reply section.  Nothing works.  Clearly it's beyond me.  Sigh.  They down load fine.  They work on my computer fine--geting them from there to here......   Someone cue up the "Mission:  Impossible" Theme please.

Favorite costume?  I spent months collecting the pull tabs (anyone remember them?)  from Old Milwaukee beer cans.  They were the only ones that were perfectly round.  I made a chain mail skirt and shirt, a pair of bracers and a head piece that looked Egyptian.  I took the Cobra head from my “Voice of Mummies Tomb” game and attached it to the head piece.  I wore a black body suit underneath and created a long black cape that attached to my shoulders.  My shoes were a pair of thigh high black boots.  Then I made a crook and whip–the “whip” was made of those light fibers and I had a flash light hidden in the handle.  When I turned it on, it glowed.  

I named the character “Re” (short for recycle).  The joke was that if I ever tired of it, I could take down to the local recycle center and get some cash for it.  Now it’s a kinda collectors item. I still have it–somewhere.

I only wore it once at Star Trek Con–Jonathan Frakes was one of the judges of the costume contest and I won!  I’ve been told I should have entered it in some other contests but I never got around to it.

George–I never heard your version of that ditty. I am VERY glad that neither elephants or cows can  fly!   *chuckle*

D

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

td

• td
« Reply #177 on: October 31, 2003, 04:52:48 PM »

You look ready for your close-up, Sandra.
Is it a musical version of ANNE OF GREEN GABLES, or, SOMEWHERE IN TIME?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #178 on: October 31, 2003, 04:57:10 PM »

I was logged in to HHW all day (as I do when I'm at work), but I never had a chance to read or post until now.  Here at work, we had a lunchtime snack potluck.  I brought mini-brownie cupcakes that I bought (didn't want to take the time or expense to bake something) and a good time was had by all who ate!  I dressed as Charlie Brown.  Last year I was in a production of the revised version of You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown and I still have the shirt.  Actually, it was my shirt to begin with.  The costume coordinator just ironed on the zigzag...only a couple of costumes were actually built, the rest were the actors' own clothes.

The best part was the music that was played during the entire lunchtime festivities:
JEEPERS CREEPERS:  Great Songs From Horror Films
I brought in my very own copy (purchased through www.scarletstreet.com ) and everyone loved it, especially Mothra's Song.

I copied this image is from Scarlet Street's website (I hope that they don't mind):
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #179 on: October 31, 2003, 05:10:57 PM »

WOAH - all these...ummm... pictures of shirtless men, or semi-shirtless (DR Jason.. wow!) Ok Ok, I'll stop.  The parade at my nieces school was fun, although it rained and we had the parade in the church.  It's was too fun.  My costume was a hit, but very warm.  My sis took pictures so when she gets me a copy, I'll post.  The rest of my eve will be doing "Once Upon a Matress" (the musical!!!)  and watching movies with my... ummm... pal.. yeah that's it... pal, James.  What a night   :D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up