Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: SCARY NOTES  (Read 45243 times)

Ron Pulliam

Re:SCARY NOTES
« Reply #240 on: October 31, 2003, 08:31:03 PM »

François:  No it wasn't Miss Vickie.  She's curled up in front of the fireplace.  It's very much on the cold side here in Oakland today/tonight.  It's nice to light the first fire of the season, too.

So, François, the next time you're in a situation in which you're not sure what level of intimacy your partner is willing to invite, you can suggest that "Soizic" come out to play...oui, mon ami?

Tommy Boy from OZ:  Intimate?  Moi?

François: Moi? Familiar with BK?  With my candy comment?  What on earth did you think it meant?  OHHHHHhhhhh!  Mind in the gutter, eh!??? :)

You know, we are only 40 posts away from MATCHING the best day we've had with the "new format" on this here board.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2003, 08:54:54 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #241 on: October 31, 2003, 08:33:16 PM »

Halloween was very nice and quiet tonight.  Adorable little kiddies came and we showered them with Tootsie Rolls, which ran out very fast.  

Now THAT's an image I hadn't counted on tonight...of little Tootsie Rolls with legs running out the door, no doubt scaring the poop out of the kiddies!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2003, 08:46:00 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #242 on: October 31, 2003, 08:37:21 PM »

Anyone else ever have one of those days when nothing will do but that you MUST see Fred Astaire dance????

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #243 on: October 31, 2003, 08:41:44 PM »

LOL, Ron!

No, the running Tootsie Rolls didn't scare them.  It was more of the singing Butterfingers that had them fleeing in terror.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #244 on: October 31, 2003, 08:48:17 PM »

How well I remember those nasty little Butterfingers, grasping at me as I fled someone's front door.

Almost as bad as the galloping Jujubes that would pounce out from nowhere.

François

« Reply #245 on: October 31, 2003, 08:50:06 PM »

DR Maya,

Yes, I do remember you mentioning Léo Ferré some weeks ago and was surprised indeed to see that you know him. Most people think that Sondheim's music is not easy, well, they don't know Ferré's.

No, I've only seen him on TV; he wrote all kinds of music and deeply enjoyed conducting as well.

BTW, love the dress but the shoes don't match, which you know I'm sure! Are you "Candy"?

... speaking of candy....

DR Ron,
I knew you would say that.... like "beauty's in the eye of the beholder", hey?

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #246 on: October 31, 2003, 08:51:07 PM »

I think BK should have dressed up as SwishySarah, not Fruma Sara, this year.

Wearing a little strapless number and speaking in a strained voice that hasn't recovered from laryngities.  He could have dabbed sparklies all over him, too!

I wonder what SwishySarah, HERSELF, did this fine evening!!!????!!!!

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #247 on: October 31, 2003, 08:53:56 PM »

This has to be very short, as I'm in need of sleep, but I DID read all of todays posts (every...last...one of them...*faint*) After school, Best Friends Aly, Danielle, and I went to Blockbuster, rented Hannibal, Silence of the Lambs, and Carrie, went to Food Lion, grabbed some sugar, and then went to Aly's house. We watched Carrie (I thought it was pretty boring...I was able to carry on a conversation through it.), had some sugar, and then decided to have a seance. Not that we know HOW to have a seance, but it was fun trying. We had our candles and our salt and we told scary stories, and Aly scared me half to death, and I almost fell in her pool (which would have been BAD, as it's FREEZING.)

Unfortunately, I have to take the SAT's at 8 tomorrow morning, so I had to leave early. Since I'm not actually required to take them, I called my dad and asked him if I could stay, and he got quite pissy with me, came and picked me up, and went on to tell me how absolutely immature and selfish that was of me, and how I was taking the damn test, and that was that, any argument was bull****.

So I am not very happy and I'm getting online and I don't care if he sees. Poo on him!

ANYWAY, I have to get to sleep now, so if you could send me some happy vibes, I would appreciate it, as I'm going to FAIL that stupid test tomorrow.

Best Halloween Costume: The Yankees fan thing from a year or two ago. Easy, and lots of candy. I posted about it yesterday, I'm not going to retell the costume.

DR MDS: I wish you had come to MY house for candy, that BK costume is...appealing!

Jason: Check out those arms! Hubba hubba! You look great in those pictures, no need to be modest.

TD: For some reason, the chest ruins the whole "feminine" look of the costume.

Oh, once, my dad dressed up as a blind person (glasses, cane, etc.), and put a sign around his neck saying "To Venice". He dressed up as Venitian Blinds.

Wish me luck!
...Walk in the sunshine...

François

« Reply #248 on: October 31, 2003, 08:54:20 PM »

Now, this is uncanny!

I see Ron mentioning Jujube....
Well, Léo Ferré wrote songs that were recorded by quite a lot of other singers, among them Juliette Gréco whose nickname is ... Jujube.
Title to her autobiographie!!
The following is from Google!

.. Jujube ” ouvrage autobiographique dans lequel elle a choisi de parler d’elle
à la troisième personne… “ Jujube ” ou “ Gréco ”...;
Uncanny, I tell you!

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #249 on: October 31, 2003, 08:55:59 PM »

That wasn't short at all...hmpf.

Ron: BK would look DIVINE as me. I should have gone as BK. I have jeans, sneakers, a white shirt, and I'm sure I could find a plaid shirt to go over. With a hat to finish it off, I could get tons of candy. There's always next year...
...Walk in the sunshine...

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #250 on: October 31, 2003, 09:00:06 PM »

Note to Self:  NEVER invite SwishySarah to screenings of favorite films.  She'll find them boring and talk through them...if she isn't run out of town first!

Note to François:  UNCANNY?  I was thinking of Juliette Greco earlier this evening in relation to "Roots of Heaven" when she was mistress to Darryl F. Zanuck.  I'm guessing she was HIS little jujube!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #251 on: October 31, 2003, 09:01:40 PM »

SwishySarah:  If you'd consider pulling that hat over your eyes, you could go as Guy Haines!

Isn't THAT uncanny!  :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #252 on: October 31, 2003, 09:06:35 PM »

So Juliette was Darryl's "Buddy" Greco.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

François

« Reply #253 on: October 31, 2003, 09:08:46 PM »

Now, would not it be "fun" if, when people watching movies they find boring start talking, actors on the screen would stop until silence resume?????

I'm a little surreal tonight.

Oh yes, Mr Zanuch was definitely in love with Jujube.... before she had her nose job, I believe....

Well, you know who was fond of Zizi Jeanmaire too??... and she was married then... to the same person she's married to now! She played the game and never gave in.... from what she says!

Gossips, gossips!

Zizi, Jujube! I ask you? What names are those?

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #254 on: October 31, 2003, 09:09:57 PM »

El Greco was one of "many", including Bella Darvi, Irina Demich (remember her from "The Longest Day"?), and Genevieve Gilles (who, so far as I know, never even knew there was an art to acting).

Tomovoz

« Reply #255 on: October 31, 2003, 09:12:01 PM »

It seems that once again my calculations are way "off". I thought you would on your way home by now François. Note for future reference: Australian tenor "Peter Brocklehurst"
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #256 on: October 31, 2003, 09:14:19 PM »

We should be wary of such people bearing gifts - especially on Halloween.  Weren't the Grecos supposed to inherit the earth.
James Thurber 1957

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #257 on: October 31, 2003, 09:20:11 PM »

LOL, Swishy!  I think you'd make a great BK!  Although Emily too would be a good BK cause she has the impression so mastered.  

Oh, and good vibes on your SATs tomorrow!  You'll do great! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

François--Yes, the shoes are awful, I know!  I wasn't even planning on dressing up at the convention, but my friend had extra costumes and decided to lend me one.  And those blue and yellow sneakers were the only shoes I had with me!  

I've only heard some of Ferré's pop music ("C'est Extra" is sooo gorgeous), and some of the musical settings he did of French poets, but I've also heard that he wrote symphonies and operas too!  Amazing!  I'd love to hear Juliette Greco one of these days.  That name is so pretty...I think I'll just say it a couple of times in a row!

François

« Reply #258 on: October 31, 2003, 09:24:29 PM »

The Romans stole most from the Grecos... from what I heard!

I can leave now if you want Tom, but my boss won't approve...
Almost 6:30 am in the glorious, fabulous, mysticus, populus city of Paris.....

I'm still in my surreal mood, can't you tell?

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #259 on: October 31, 2003, 09:28:17 PM »

I've heard that "The Grecos Had A Name For It"!

Tomovoz

« Reply #260 on: October 31, 2003, 09:29:48 PM »

Is that Elgin lost his marbles?
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #261 on: October 31, 2003, 09:30:24 PM »

Wow!  What do you suppose has happened to Bruce?  Do you think the boogey man got him when he opened the door to trick-or-treaters?

Or do you think he's in a sugar coma from sampling all that "good" candy?

Tomovoz

« Reply #262 on: October 31, 2003, 09:33:44 PM »

Another 20 posts and no doubt we will be given candy. I shall be mostly truant tomorrow so I am trying to build up credit.
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #263 on: October 31, 2003, 09:36:27 PM »

All this talk of Grecos reminded me of Alexander the Great (who wasn't really Greco, at all), and the best portrayal of Alexander was on the TV production "The Search for Alexander the Great" starring Nicholas Clay (the late Mr. Clay, as I've only just learned, died of cancer three years ago).  The teleplay was set in the heavens with the Greek gods commenting on Alexander's life and decisions.  It was very well done.

Clay was a magnificent Lancelot in "Excalibur," too!

« Last Edit: October 31, 2003, 09:43:24 PM by Ron Pulliam »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #264 on: October 31, 2003, 09:40:44 PM »

Well, we finally have it - glorious wonderful rain - buckets of rain.  Too bad it had to start quite so early (it really hindered our neighborhood's trick or treaters) but boy did we need it, and I hope it continues for the next three days, unabated.  Of course, then everyone will begin to complain about the rain, but not I.

Man, I was worried we wouldn't break a hundred and we're close to having our third best day since the changeover.  Who knew.

Tomovoz

« Reply #265 on: October 31, 2003, 09:41:35 PM »

And speaking of Lancelot. I enjoyed the TV adaption of "The Mists Of Avalon". Good book too.
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #266 on: October 31, 2003, 09:47:05 PM »

I must be looking at the numbers wrong.  This is post #266 (I think)and the SECOND best day was 268 with the best day being 280.  

I think we're amazingly close to a record!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2003, 09:47:45 PM by Ron Pulliam »

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #267 on: October 31, 2003, 09:48:58 PM »

I sure hope that the rains in LA will be enough to help with the firefighting conditions. Then the business of recovering can begin.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

François

« Reply #268 on: October 31, 2003, 09:59:11 PM »

My! Didn't know that Nicholas Clay had died... and at age 53!

California -- hot oven! -- sure needs the rain; my heart goes to all those people who've lost part of their life in the fire!
We should count our blessings in times like these!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #269 on: October 31, 2003, 09:59:19 PM »

And this is number 269.  We did it and today is our second best day.

As only LC and François remain in lurk, I daresay we won't go much further.

Especially since I'm calling it a night...adieu, adieu, adieu.....
« Last Edit: October 31, 2003, 10:00:20 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up