Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WHEREFORE ART THOU, SHAKESPEARE?  (Read 3377 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: WHEREFORE ART THOU, SHAKESPEARE?
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2018, 12:26:30 PM »

I'm having a bad day painwise.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2018, 12:27:34 PM »

I watched SISTER ACT the other evening. I had never seen it, but hearing Jrand's mention of it made me want to see it. I enjoyed it more than I expected.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2018, 12:28:57 PM »

A cute cat story in the BBC news.

http://www.bbc.com

Scroll about halfway down to the Featured Videos.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2018, 12:30:34 PM »

TCB, I'm glad you're having a good time seeing old friends.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2018, 12:32:05 PM »

Health vibes to Vixmom and all of the rest of us.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2018, 12:32:43 PM »

TTFN.

Ginny

« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2018, 12:46:13 PM »

Saturday afternoon greetings!  Richard and I had, for us, quite the social whirl yesterday.  Went to our former church for a noon premiere of a new one woman show about Clara Driscoll, who worked behind the scenes for Louis Comfort Tiffany designing those beautiful lamps.  The presenter, Leanna Renee Hieber, grew up locally and now lives in New York.  Her parents both taught at the Miami campus here in Middletown and she graduated from Miami University.  She did a good job and I hope she gets to perform her show far and wide.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 03:14:37 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2018, 12:47:55 PM »

We then came home for lunch and went to a late afternoon reception at the offices of the Middletown Community Foundation to meet their new executive director.

From there we met Rob and Mary Linda at the barbecue jernt on Central Avenue to celebrate his 33rd birthday.

That's a lot of socializing in one day for a couple of homebodies!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 12:50:09 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2018, 12:49:05 PM »

DR Jane, I'm glad to see you've been able to post a bit...

Ginny

« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2018, 12:49:43 PM »

DR Vixmom, I'm sending lots of vibes for the tests that are in your future...

Michael

« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2018, 01:07:56 PM »

I just saw 2001: A Space Odyssey in IMAX and in its roadshow version including overture, 15-minute intermission, entr'acte and exit music. This the first time I've seen it on a huge screen. This is how it must have looked in its Cinerama/Super Panavision presentation. The visual effects still hold up and the "light show" is amazing. If it's playing anywhere in IMAX go see it. It's 50 years old and they really don't make movies like this anymore. I don't think I can ever watch it on TV again.
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2018, 01:29:50 PM »

Good news DR JANE.

Yes it sounds as if DR TCB is enjoying his trip down memory lane....

DR GINNY is busy this rainy day.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2018, 01:31:00 PM »

I haven't tried it in a towel DR CHAS SMITH - but it's an idea.

MAN WICH......yes MR BK is probably right....I wonder how long it will take for the demands to begin that the name be changed....my guess is they will get around to it...

A couple of weeks ago the animal crackers were freed from their cages....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2018, 03:16:09 PM »

DR GINNY is busy this rainy day.

Our busy day was yesterday, DR JRand.  All I've done today is help Richard clean up our kitchen, watch Michigan mop the floor of The Big House with Western Michigan, and curate some art supplies.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2018, 03:16:53 PM »

I worked very hard today.  Between 10 and 2:30 I stood on a ladder and dusted and pulled books from about 15 feet of book shelves before I crossed to the other wall and worked on six feet of shelves.  I found the place where Annabelle lost her footing and fell, and I readjusted the books so she won't fall if she ever goes up there again.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2018, 03:20:31 PM »

Speaking of towels, this is a fun story from the Times Metropolitan Diary.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/26/nyregion/metropolitan-diary-locked-out.html

Since I grew up with incinerators spewing smoke, I don't think I ever ran out with the trash without at least a shirt.   But this person who wrote the story seems to still be young.

Ginny

« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2018, 03:21:05 PM »

DR Elmore, I'm glad YOU didn't fall!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2018, 03:21:45 PM »

It looks as if I made no dent at all, but I now have six cartons of books to turn over to Connecticut libraries. Then, while I was looking for the CD player remote that was lost in Annabelle's fall. I knocked the lamp off my nightstand and it's now useless.  I had a mess to clean up and take to the basement.  Then I spent a needless two hours on Amazon looking for the same lamp, but I cannot find it.  I may have ordered t from Staples but my order history doesn't go back far enough.  I really liked that damned lamp.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2018, 03:22:20 PM »

I don't think I ever ran out with the trash without at least a shirt.   

I was going to clean that sentence up, but heck, maybe TCB can come up with something?

FJL

« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2018, 03:23:36 PM »

Many more vibes to vixmom!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2018, 03:25:11 PM »

DR Elmore, I'm glad YOU didn't fall!

Me, too. I was on my tall ladder, so I was 5-7 feet off the ground as well as wrestling with a dust buster and a lot of books!  Annabelle and Thatch watched and criticized.

FJL

« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2018, 03:25:32 PM »

Isn't the new rule that you're supposed to say "they" instead of "he" or "she" even if. you're referring to one person?

FJL

« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2018, 03:26:40 PM »

It looks as if I made no dent at all, but I now have six cartons of books to turn over to Connecticut libraries. Then, while I was looking for the CD player remote that was lost in Annabelle's fall. I knocked the lamp off my nightstand and it's now useless.  I had a mess to clean up and take to the basement.  Then I spent a needless two hours on Amazon looking for the same lamp, but I cannot find it.  I may have ordered t from Staples but my order history doesn't go back far enough.  I really liked that damned lamp.

Will the new super help if you need it the way Val would try to help?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2018, 03:26:47 PM »

I was going to clean that sentence up, but heck, maybe TCB can come up with something?

When you go out with the trash, you should keep your shirt and pants on at all times and your wallet at home.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2018, 03:29:14 PM »

I don't know.  I think Val helped because he considered me a friend.  I like the new super but I'm not ready to ask him for help with things I can do myself.

FJL

« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2018, 03:31:57 PM »

When you go out with the trash, you should keep your shirt and pants on at all times and your wallet at home.

Like that Joan Rivers joke when Edgar came to the table in a T-shirt.  She said, no, no, no, no no!

At least go and put on some shorts.

And if not for my sake, for your mother's. 

FJL

« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2018, 03:35:07 PM »

I don't know.  I think Val helped because he considered me a friend.  I like the new super but I'm not ready to ask him for help with things I can do myself.

Words of wisdom from my aunt and uncle:  Always keep dollar bills handy to give a few to a delivery person or the handyman in case.

These days, I guess "keep a few five-dollar bills handy" would be an update.

FJL

« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2018, 03:44:13 PM »

Interesting to find out that while my 2011-2013 cyberstalker videographer Jonathan Frank's name has not been on the City Center Encores videos in quite a few years (following the dust-up in 2013, they stopped putting the video guy's name in at some point)   

are you ready:

The person who has been shooting the rehearsal and show videos (a fellow named Alex Pearlman, who has posted all the recent years' Encores videos on HIS OWN Vimeo account) actually works for the company Reel Time Video, which its owned by -

you guessed it, Jonathan Frank.   
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 03:51:18 PM by FJL »

FJL

« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2018, 03:45:21 PM »

I've been hooked on the "Me and My Girl" montage and noticed a few editing techniques that looked familiar (I always enjoyed  Jonathan's video work long before he started the cyberstalking thing) from old Encores videos, so the trail led me to Alex Pearlman, and then google showed Alex worked for or with Reel Time (which Jonathan owns). 

FJL

« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2018, 03:48:13 PM »

Larry, I know you don't care about milestones but -

Happy 47000+.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up