Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 100% AND HAPPY JEWISH NEW YEAR!  (Read 15086 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: 100% AND HAPPY JEWISH NEW YEAR!
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2018, 11:51:47 AM »

And I am home from City Center and too much time in the rain.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2018, 11:52:20 AM »

Page 3 Dance!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2018, 12:17:00 PM »

In other news, I am wearing a sweater today....

And I’m finally able to wear the souvenir fleece jackets that I bought in Michigan in May!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2018, 12:36:32 PM »

The furnace is on (low), and I am wearing sweats.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2018, 12:39:38 PM »

No - there was not supposed to be ANY contact between the contestants and males during the competition...particularly not in the hotel lobby where everyone could see it....it didn't matter that the man was a relative that she hadn't seen in some time, and that he was there to support her in the pageant....

I hope she knew that though i can imagine it to be an easy thing to forget.  a warning would have been nicer.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2018, 12:41:15 PM »

i need it to stay comfortable t-shirt weather until the cast comes off.  i can't wear most of my clothes and none of my sweaters, etc.

Jane

« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2018, 12:51:15 PM »

We are waiting for the return of the workmen from lunch so we can go for a walk.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2018, 12:53:13 PM »

Yesterday was a lousy day for my TV watching: when PBS is on their fund raising binges, it's nothing but lousy programs and infomercials interrupted by begging.  Yesterday, it was Heather Headley in concert.  I have never heard a rendition of "Over the Rainbow" with so many notes that Arlen never wrote. My other option was some fool selling his brain-improvement techniques.  Oy!

I totally missed this!  I like Heather Headley and would've liked to see the show.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2018, 12:54:01 PM »

Actually, I wonder if it was shown here on either of the local PBS stations.  It might not have been. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2018, 12:54:19 PM »

Board meeting was as usual.....

Sister Act Rehearsal - Act Two OFF BOOK - went very well.  I am liking this show much more than I thought I would.  The music is actually a lot of fun - and of course working with college kids is always fun - for the MOST part.

My biggest number is "Sunday Morning Fever" - which is a jump ahead in time number that includes FOUR costumes changes for me....this old man is hopping!

AND I got a primo spot in the bows....Mother Superior and I bow just prior to Deloris - the lead.  Rather unearned on my part - but appreciated!

A Star Is Born!

Speaking of that, the Lagy Gaga - Bradley Cooper version is looking like an Oscar contender, according ti the Hollywood Reporter.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/a-star-is-born-becomes-major-oscar-contender-at-toronto-debut-1141596

Wow!  That's pretty cool!

George

« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2018, 12:56:36 PM »

Love the score for Sister Act. All that disco. Just makes me want to get up and dance. The lyrics could be better, but who cares? The lyrics to Disco Inferno could be better, too, but that never kept me off the dance floor.

I really like the score, also!  I never get tired of hearing Beth Malone's version of The Life I Never Led.  I LOVE this version!

George

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2018, 12:56:58 PM »

Monday morning greetings!

Thank you for all the birthday wishes that were left here for Rob over the weekend.  He got a not-so-nice present from his workplace - strep throat.  Of course, the other bug that's circulating in the Butler County Jail is Hep A, so it could be worse.  Mary Linda is still recovering from her foot surgery, which makes them quite a pair.

Yikes! :o

~~~Quick Recovery Vibes for Rob and Linda!!~~~

George

« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2018, 12:57:12 PM »

No - there was not supposed to be ANY contact between the contestants and males during the competition...particularly not in the hotel lobby where everyone could see it....it didn't matter that the man was a relative that she hadn't seen in some time, and that he was there to support her in the pageant....

It certainly was a different time! ::)

;)

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2018, 01:12:57 PM »

Thanks for the vibes for Rob and Mary Linda.  Her major complaint is itchiness in her foot.  The stitches come out tomorrow and that should help.  Rob has been excused from work until Friday evening.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2018, 01:14:17 PM »

If you are a fan of Rex Harrison, please come join us on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1065058986987590/
You can dream…or you can do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2018, 02:02:32 PM »

Back from a chili, cheese, and onion hot dog and a side Caesar salad.  No mail or packages, so dropped the motor car at the car wash for a much needed big boy cleaning (first time since I moved in there last November - it's filthy).  They'll call me when it's ready for me to pick up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2018, 02:03:13 PM »

Based on a suggestion, I got a little packet of honey at lunch and had some so that this Jewish New Year would be sweet.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2018, 02:14:48 PM »

94-year-old Carole Cook, whom BK has captured in several performances, has generated a spot of controversy by offering the quip: Where’s John Wilkes Booth when you need him?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2018, 02:21:04 PM »

94-year-old Carole Cook, whom BK has captured in several performances, has generated a spot of controversy by offering the quip: Where’s John Wilkes Booth when you need him?

:o

:))

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2018, 02:40:59 PM »

The article didn’t say if Cook were doing her drunk persona.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2018, 03:58:54 PM »

Based on a suggestion, I got a little packet of honey at lunch and had some so that this Jewish New Year would be sweet.

Keep those traditions! 

In Florida, my grandpa Leon would run into the ocean up to his waist and yell "Pesach!"  When asked why, he explained:  "On Pesach, it's tradition to dip your eggs in salt water." 

Jane

« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2018, 04:11:28 PM »

i do not like mustard except a touch of it in my egg salad or deviled eggs.  honey mustard dressing is also ok.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2018, 05:21:31 PM »

Picked up the newly beautified motor car - it was so filthy and now it is so clean and sparkly.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2018, 05:30:14 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2018, 05:30:29 PM »

Congrats to BK on the 100%!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2018, 05:31:14 PM »

Happy New Year for all for whom it's a new year.

FJL

« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2018, 05:31:32 PM »

Larry, I understand that it's hard to believe. 

But consider this:

They filed a seven-page brief (which I sent you a PDF of) plus attachments to keep a person from using what they offer the public.

Does that make sense?

I've asked seven times already, a yes or no question:  Did City Center get involved, or did City Center's lawyer advise the Talkin Broadway Corporation in the legal analysis and  elaborate briefing Talkin Broadway submitted?

Not getting the answer "No" after three weeks if asking means there's something City Center is trying to hide.  Businesses simply don't say "I won't tell you, Nyah, Nyah, Nyah" like high school students.   

Iff they did it:  Why would City Center (a non-profit) be funding tens of thousands of dollars worth of legal work for the Talkin Broadway Corp (a for-profit corp), or having their attorney don that work?  I know the answer, based on who the two entities have in common, and that happens to be cyberstalker Jonathan Frank.  (worked 9 years at Talkin Broadway, and 11 years so far, every Encores show at City Center, obviously very valued by both.)

Any advice you have is appreciated in HHW, in email, or by phone. 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 05:45:36 PM by FJL »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2018, 05:32:48 PM »

Recovery vibes to Rob and Mary Linda.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2018, 05:33:11 PM »

Continued recovery vibes for Jane and Keith.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2018, 05:33:36 PM »

Continued restoration vibes to Jane and Keith.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up