Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS THAT WASN'T IN TODAY'S NOTES  (Read 4352 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS THAT WASN'T IN TODAY'S NOTES
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2019, 12:30:56 PM »

Three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2019, 12:32:16 PM »

I love the score for I Married an Angel, but the movie not so much.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2019, 12:51:48 PM »

Using up the last two slices of bread in the house, I just wolfed down a dee-licious homemade egg sandwich. No cheese or breakfast meats, just two eggs w/salt & pepper on toast with butter and a thin layer of mayonnaise and brown deli mustard on each side.

OMG, so good. I would make another, but...WE'RE OUT OF BREAD!!!

I've been trying to remember when I started with the mayo and mustard, but I think I was doing it as far back as the early '80s in California. Many will say "mustard?!?". Lordy, yes, bring it on. Nathan says that's a strong Pennsylvania Dutch (Deutsch) influence, as they put mustard on everything including eggs, which they pronounce "ecks".

This puts me in the mood to shop for a complete set of foodstuffs for Northeastern Diner/Deli Style breakfast sandwiches. But honestly, at home they can become a lot of work. Oh, it's easy enough to add a slice of cheese, but the simple fix above is quite enough.

I dislike mustard on anything, however, I do like a little in egg salad.  If you like mustard, and make an egg sandwich, this kind of makes sense to me.

Jane

« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2019, 12:52:40 PM »

Elmore, Rex is still alive. He isn't grooming himself, so being a long-haired cat, he is terribly matted. He growls and scratches and bites when we try to brush him.

Poor baby.

Jane

« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2019, 12:52:53 PM »

Leonard is a seven-month old kitten -- into everything. He tears around the house at times like a devil is chasing him.

:)

Jane

« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2019, 12:54:34 PM »

I went to the gym with Keith this morning.  I felt good and the time passed more quickly than usual. 

ChasSmith

« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2019, 01:03:46 PM »

Using up the last two slices of bread in the house, I just wolfed down a dee-licious homemade egg sandwich. No cheese or breakfast meats, just two eggs w/salt & pepper on toast with butter and a thin layer of mayonnaise and brown deli mustard on each side.

I've been trying to remember when I started with the mayo and mustard, but I think I was doing it as far back as the early '80s in California. Many will say "mustard?!?". Lordy, yes, bring it on. Nathan says that's a strong Pennsylvania Dutch (Deutsch) influence, as they put mustard on everything including eggs, which they pronounce "ecks".

This puts me in the mood to shop for a complete set of foodstuffs for Northeastern Diner/Deli Style breakfast sandwiches. But honestly, at home they can become a lot of work. Oh, it's easy enough to add a slice of cheese, but the simple fix above is quite enough.

I dislike mustard on anything, however, I do like a little in egg salad.  If you like mustard, and make an egg sandwich, this kind of makes sense to me.

How about deviled eggs?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2019, 01:09:23 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - I was actually up at ten-thirty after six hours of sleep, but I stayed in bed until an hour ago and have been printing out orders since.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2019, 01:45:55 PM »

Found out last night that one of my shows will be performed April 2020. I know that it’s 14 months away but I am so looking forward to it and perfecting it

That's great, Michael!  Congrats!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2019, 01:47:51 PM »

DR George,  I like your fireplace.

Thanks, Jane!  I got it from my sister.  I had a little space heater, but that was very loud.  The sound from this is certainly noticeable, but much less so than the little space heater that I had...and it's much nicer to look at. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2019, 01:51:18 PM »

How about deviled eggs?

Anytime that my sister or mom make deviled eggs and there are some left over to take home, I take some and make egg salad sandwiches with them.  Delish! ;D

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
Re: THE STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS THAiuiT WASN'T IN TODAY'S NOTES
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2019, 02:14:33 PM »

Michael:  Are we to be privileged to know the name of the play and where it is to be performed?
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2019, 02:16:23 PM »

Why is my post shifted so far to the right? 
--Wayland Flowers

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2019, 02:17:21 PM »

Oh. Now it isn't.
--Wayland Flowers

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2019, 02:38:05 PM »

I'm like Thatch and Annabelle - it's time to put on the feedbag.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2019, 02:39:17 PM »

I finished listening to Die Schöne und das Biest .  Started on the ST of Legrand's score to Demy's Peu d'âne (Donkey Skin).  It's the third movie they did together.  Not sung-through like  Les Parapluies de Cherbourg and less singing than Les Demoiselles de Rochefort, but much more varied and eclectic.  He mixes jazz , pop, baroque quite humorously.
--Wayland Flowers

George

« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2019, 03:22:43 PM »

Well, this is a funny coinkydink!  Last week, I was telling a co-worker about BK's "Outside the Box" web series, and gave him an MP4 file of the first episode about the musical version of The Miracle Worker with Beth Leavel (he was off the last couple of days, so I haven't had time yet to ask him how he liked it).  Anyway, I'm now listening to the new Broadway cast recording of The Prom, also with Beth Leavel, and she has a song called, "It's Not About Me."  Well, the first two stanzas are:

I wanna tell the people
Of whatever this town's called
I know what's going on here
And frankly, I'm appalled

I read three quarters of a news story
And knew I had to come
And unless I'm doing "The Miracle Worker"
I'm won't play blind, deaf and dumb!

I wonder if the lyricist just happened to come up with that on his own, or if he wrote it because he had seen BK's video with Beth Leavel, or if Beth suggested that. :))

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2019, 03:42:28 PM »

He absolutely saw it.  Everyone saw it.  There are no coincidences.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2019, 04:04:59 PM »

I refused to watch the State of the Union address last night, but I'm getting bits of it on tonight's news.  Does this orange moron squatting in the White House even recognize the fact that his ugly rhetoric and the faux piety of his SOTU address are poles apart?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2019, 04:12:29 PM »

I refused to watch the State of the Union address last night, but I'm getting bits of it on tonight's news.  Does this orange moron squatting in the White House even recognize the fact that his ugly rhetoric and the faux piety of his SOTU address are poles apart?

No.

George

« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2019, 04:12:46 PM »

;)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2019, 04:59:01 PM »

It's Howdy Doody Time!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2019, 05:51:48 PM »

I shall now be on my way to sup with the Jones's.

George

« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2019, 06:05:20 PM »

I'm now leaving work to go to the first and only music rehearsal for the reading on Saturday.  I think I'll be able to leave early because I'm only in a couple of songs (that I know of).  It's my understanding that people who have more to sing will have to stay longer.

Be back later.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2019, 06:11:24 PM »

How about deviled eggs?

Yes, mustard in those too.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2019, 06:12:11 PM »

Why is my post shifted so far to the right? 

I have no clue why it does that sometimes.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2019, 06:45:57 PM »

I had fun chatting on the phone with a friend who is organizing a visit, with her husband and another couple, to us in July. 

John G.

« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2019, 08:52:32 PM »

Just finished That Forsyte Woman. Meh.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2019, 08:53:16 PM »

I ushered tonight for the Glenn Miller Orchestra. What fun. The music was great. The audience, mostly elderly, loved every note.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2019, 08:53:53 PM »

Let's move on ...
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up