Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SLEEP-DEPRIVED BK  (Read 6809 times)

KevinH

Re: THE SLEEP-DEPRIVED BK
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2019, 05:23:33 PM »

As I mentioned, we went to see Terry Fator the other night.  I think  he's great at some impressions (Willie Nelson, Louis Armstrong, Kermit the frog (!)) but not so great doing Sammy Davis, Jr., Dean Martin and others.  I think he would be better as an opening act.  His material isn't good enough for a 90 minute show, IMHO.

KevinH

« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2019, 05:25:15 PM »

Last night we saw Celine Dion.  Again, I loved some of the songs but not all.    I think her speeches about how much she loves the audience are a little over-the-top, but maybe she's really being sincere. 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2019, 05:58:12 PM »

As I mentioned, we went to see Terry Fator the other night.  I think  he's great at some impressions (Willie Nelson, Louis Armstrong, Kermit the frog (!)) but not so great doing Sammy Davis, Jr., Dean Martin and others.  I think he would be better as an opening act.  His material isn't good enough for a 90 minute show, IMHO.

We had no expectations when we saw it and as a result were probably more entertained by him.  I agree about Davis and Martin.

Jane

« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2019, 05:59:17 PM »

DR Kevin since it seems as if photos of Celine keep popping up with comments about her weight.....How did she look?

Jane

« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2019, 06:07:40 PM »

I read on facebook that 92 year old Tom Hatten has died.  I haven't seen this in the news yet, however, the source is supposedly very reliable.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2019, 06:20:55 PM »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2019, 06:23:15 PM »

I watched CHRISTOPHER ROBIN last night. Has anyone seen it? I found it a bit awkward at first as they transition from CR to boy to CR the adult, but once that was established I enjoyed it more. While watching the credits I was surprised to see our very own Richard Sherman at the piano, playing and singing--at the beach, no less!

DR Jeanne, the true story is heartbreaking.  Watch GOODBYE CHRISTOPHER ROBIN instead.

Yes, I saw this a while back. A fine film and definitely heartbreaking.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2019, 06:25:13 PM »

Some of the artwork in the new CHRISTOPHER ROBIN was quite lovely and I liked Ewan McGregor as the adult CR, although I'm not generally a fan of his.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2019, 06:26:30 PM »

I watched CHRISTOPHER ROBIN last night. Has anyone seen it? I found it a bit awkward at first as they transition from CR to boy to CR the adult, but once that was established I enjoyed it more. While watching the credits I was surprised to see our very own Richard Sherman at the piano, playing and singing--at the beach, no less!

I felt the same as you.

Now I want to see it for the beach scene.

It's well into the credits. It would be easy to miss.

Jane

« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2019, 06:31:23 PM »

Yup, would likely have missed it.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2019, 06:31:29 PM »

I tried a new topical pain reliever today, Uncle Bud's Topical Pain Relief. It's made from hemp oil (CBD). It did help with the pain, but it has an odor I don't like. It's not a strong odor, but my fave Arnica Rub has virtually none and is also effective. Arnica Rub is also much cheaper.

I am, however, pleased to see new products from CBD, especially for pain. Soooo many people suffer and now doctors are being told to be more restrictive. What's a person to do? 

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2019, 06:33:17 PM »

Yup, would likely have missed it.

Coming from a Hollywood family, it was a sacrilege to not watch the credits.

Jane

« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2019, 06:37:25 PM »

I agree with you, however, Keith usually doesn't wait unless we know or suspect additional bits during them.

Jane

« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2019, 06:41:53 PM »

I tried a new topical pain reliever today, Uncle Bud's Topical Pain Relief. It's made from hemp oil (CBD). It did help with the pain, but it has an odor I don't like. It's not a strong odor, but my fave Arnica Rub has virtually none and is also effective. Arnica Rub is also much cheaper.

I am, however, pleased to see new products from CBD, especially for pain. Soooo many people suffer and now doctors are being told to be more restrictive. What's a person to do? 

An Ashland friend was telling us she doesn't like the smell of the cream either so has cannabis in chocolate, though you need to be able to trust the source.  Then there is the right amount to relieve the pain without affecting your brain.  It sounds complicated.  Too bad the cream stinks.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2019, 07:05:03 PM »

Great review DR GEORGE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2019, 07:10:28 PM »

An Ashland friend was telling us she doesn't like the smell of the cream either so has cannabis in chocolate, though you need to be able to trust the source.  Then there is the right amount to relieve the pain without affecting your brain.  It sounds complicated.  Too bad the cream stinks.

This cream's odor isn't that strong. I just don't like it. Some people might have no issue with it at all, but I am sensitive to odors. I also have an alternative, the Arnica Rub. If I were in pain with NO alternative, I would definitely use Uncle Bud's.

There are many CBD products on the market and I imagine they are all somewhat different. You might like one, but not another.

If it's CBD only. ie, no TCH, you won't get high from it. In the case of the chocolate you could put on some pounds while waiting for it to take effect.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2019, 07:11:42 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2019, 07:12:36 PM »

Jrand, do you recall which CBD product your cousin used to help her get well?

George

« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2019, 07:13:44 PM »

Great review DR GEORGE.

Thanks, Jrand!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2019, 07:17:29 PM »

It looks like we're at lease 3/4 filled!

George

« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2019, 07:19:06 PM »

Actually, I think more than 3/4!

George

« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2019, 07:26:47 PM »

We're almost full! :D

George

« Reply #112 on: March 16, 2019, 08:19:12 PM »

Intermission.  Eight people came in late and we had to have them seated during the first scene change.

George

« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2019, 08:19:57 PM »

Otherwise, it's going really well and the audience is really responding to it. :)

George

« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2019, 08:41:42 PM »

The actors have had some but not this much laughter, so they're not used to holding for it.  They'll learn. ;D

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2019, 08:48:35 PM »

A friend who has a local coffee shop has a CBD brew. If you're a coffee drinker, you might want to try it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #116 on: March 16, 2019, 08:53:46 PM »

If I do adopt a dog, it will be one weighing between 30 and 45 lbs, and it must get along with cats. On today's ACC adoption site, these dogs all appeal to me.
Scooter,  2 yrs, 33 lbs.
Ronnie,  4 yrs, 42 lbs.
Spot, 1 yr, 38 lbs.
But I do not know their cat status.

And then there's 35 lb. Mia in adoptions with Wizard of Paws Rescue!

I went to a place in Austin last night called ABGB, Austin Beer Garden and Brewery. One of their brews, the American pale ale, is a fundraiser for one of the animal shelters. They also featured dogs really in need of adoption on a huge wall that you couldn't miss. And they marked which ones had been adopted. I was really pleased to see this from a local business and was glad to discover the fundraiser since i had ordered the pale ale beforehand.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #117 on: March 16, 2019, 08:56:00 PM »

had a fun weekend in Austin for SXSW listening to a host of different music.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2019, 08:59:45 PM »

One of my favorites was Linda Gale Lewis, Jerry Lee Lewis' sister. I saw her twice with Robbie Fulks, and they closed out the second performance with "Great Balls of Fire." She plays keyboards like her brother and even hiked up her right leg so she could kick out some of the notes with her heels.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #119 on: March 16, 2019, 08:59:54 PM »

Let's move on ...
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up