Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE VIP  (Read 5479 times)

ChasSmith

Re: THE VIP
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2019, 04:09:40 PM »

My doctor comes in and we're discussing my ailments and questions. All the exam rooms are equipped with motion detectors. If we're both sitting quietly, talking, the motion sensors don't pick up enough movement and the lights suddenly dim. I find this the height of unfriendliness. The motion detectors are located behind a privacy curtain, which is kept closed, so the dimming of the lights happens about three times each visit. Then one of us has to pull the curtain aside and wave a hand in front of the sensor so the lights will come back on. Have you ever heard of anything so stupid? A total misuse of technology!

Pardon my French, but ... W in T almighty F?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2019, 04:10:52 PM »

I brought the doctor a Choc Zero bar, so he could try one. I learned of them here from DR George and wanted my doctor to be able to recommend them to his diabetic patients. He was quite delighted to receive it.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2019, 04:14:52 PM »

My doctor comes in and we're discussing my ailments and questions. All the exam rooms are equipped with motion detectors. If we're both sitting quietly, talking, the motion sensors don't pick up enough movement and the lights suddenly dim. I find this the height of unfriendliness. The motion detectors are located behind a privacy curtain, which is kept closed, so the dimming of the lights happens about three times each visit. Then one of us has to pull the curtain aside and wave a hand in front of the sensor so the lights will come back on. Have you ever heard of anything so stupid? A total misuse of technology!

Yeah. Exactly. It's difficult to imagine a less patient-friendly atmosphere.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2019, 04:15:27 PM »

DR jan, DR Jane also lives in Washington state now, but she doesn't post late at night as much as TCB and George.

Thanks DR Jeanne.  I had kind of thought the guys would mention it last night ;)

I did have a good laugh telling Keith about it today :D

Jane

« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2019, 04:17:17 PM »

Find your own way.......glad you could locate the office DR JEANNE.

Ditto on that.  I suggest taking a little flashlight for the garage.

Jane

« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2019, 04:18:01 PM »

Once you find the medical offices the weirdness continues. There's a check-in area. God forbid we miss an opportunity for you to fill out legal forms. Then you go to a second waiting area. It's difficult to explain the decor. Lots of seating, yes. Also little bistro tables, with high chairs (not the infant variety). Since I'm sure they don't want you eating there, I really don't know what they are for. Was the designer used to designing restaurants?

High chairs for sick people to climb up on, so very odd.

Jane

« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2019, 04:20:49 PM »

A nurse eventually arrives to take you to the exam room. Thankfully, it was a different exam room than the subzero room they used to use. I asked once why it was so cold in there. I was told that the technicians had tried to adjust the temperature, but couldn't get it right. (This is a new building.)

The nurses are always very young, in their twenties, and very brusque, never friendly or pleasant. It puts me off when the NURSE starts telling me what tests and procedures are recommended, because she is working from a very generic checklist, has never met me before, has no idea what ails me, and NEVER bothers (like most docs) to check my allergies. It's the one-size-fits-all approach to medicine and the opposite of what I feel health care should be. I told her "The doctor and I will discuss it." The doctor knows me, knows my history and preferences, and we get along well. Thankfully.

What!  They should be nice and double check your information, not offer their opinion.  I have never heard of such a thing and am glad you put her in her place.  I know, she is probably just doing what she was instructed to do.  I likely would have complained about it.

Jane

« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2019, 04:21:57 PM »

Did I mention that the entire facility is COLD? They could offer patients a blanket, but they don't. Then they tell you to take your clothes off. I wait until the last minute, knowing that if I request a blanket they won't have one available.

I have put a coat/sweater back on, a suggestion by the nurse to do just that.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2019, 04:22:34 PM »

The people at the top of these large medical centers receive mega-buck salaries and I'm sure they think everything is just dandy. Everything to them comes down to money. My doctor is a caring person and tries to help his patients get through the medical maze, but I just don't get that from any of the other employees.

To me, this is NOT health care. It is Medical Procedure Administration. They decide which tests and procedures you should have, submit referrals, and that's that. I'm grateful I found a caring doctor.

Jane

« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2019, 04:22:50 PM »

Ridiculous.  It is a very good thing you like the doctor.

Jane

« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2019, 04:24:53 PM »

Somehow the doctor and I get through both his list and mine, the nurse takes blood, the doctor sprays some skin thingies (ouch!), and then adjusts me. I ALWAYS feel rushed, always feel like I must talk fast to cover all the ground in the allotted slot. He's an osteopath and always adjusts me because I have scoliosis and always need it, but conventional medical practice doesn't take this into account.

Kudos for spray the skin thingies.  I can rarely get a doctor, beside my dermatologist, to do that.

Jane

« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2019, 04:25:19 PM »

I know  :o

Jane

« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2019, 04:26:45 PM »

I brought the doctor a Choc Zero bar, so he could try one. I learned of them here from DR George and wanted my doctor to be able to recommend them to his diabetic patients. He was quite delighted to receive it.

I need to try one of these.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2019, 04:28:49 PM »

A nurse eventually arrives to take you to the exam room. Thankfully, it was a different exam room than the subzero room they used to use. I asked once why it was so cold in there. I was told that the technicians had tried to adjust the temperature, but couldn't get it right. (This is a new building.)

The nurses are always very young, in their twenties, and very brusque, never friendly or pleasant. It puts me off when the NURSE starts telling me what tests and procedures are recommended, because she is working from a very generic checklist, has never met me before, has no idea what ails me, and NEVER bothers (like most docs) to check my allergies. It's the one-size-fits-all approach to medicine and the opposite of what I feel health care should be. I told her "The doctor and I will discuss it." The doctor knows me, knows my history and preferences, and we get along well. Thankfully.

What!  They should be nice and double check your information, not offer their opinion.  I have never heard of such a thing and am glad you put her in her place.  I know, she is probably just doing what she was instructed to do.  I likely would have complained about it.

I'm sure she felt she was checking my information and that's what she was told to do. She was going by the checklist they use. But I don't feel a nurse should be doing this, particularly one so young. I feel it's between me and my doctor. Privacy is important to me and I don't feel I need to share my medical concerns--whatever they may be--with anyone other than my doctor. But UCLA was the same way. Privacy seems to be an old-fashioned concept.

Jane

« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2019, 04:30:27 PM »

My doctor gets right to the point, not much chit chat unless it is related to my medical issues.  I still like her.  Keith's doctor on the other hand was mostly chit chat and personal but missed medical stuff.  He will be switching practices.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2019, 04:31:16 PM »

Somehow the doctor and I get through both his list and mine, the nurse takes blood, the doctor sprays some skin thingies (ouch!), and then adjusts me. I ALWAYS feel rushed, always feel like I must talk fast to cover all the ground in the allotted slot. He's an osteopath and always adjusts me because I have scoliosis and always need it, but conventional medical practice doesn't take this into account.

Kudos for spray the skin thingies.  I can rarely get a doctor, beside my dermatologist, to do that.

It was my doctor's suggestion. I had some new spots that I asked him to look at. He sprayed them and found others.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2019, 04:38:30 PM »

It can be very difficult to find a doctor you like. I have special issues and don't fit AT ALL into their one-size-fits-all mold. But most people over 50 have medical issues and need someone who's alert to their needs, not the needs of the institution (roll 'em in, roll 'em out).

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2019, 04:44:34 PM »

Jane, do you and Keith have original Medicare?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2019, 04:50:17 PM »

TTFN.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2019, 04:51:05 PM »

Oops, the photo didn't repeat. Don't know why it didn't.

The photo is not hyperlinked from a website.  When I do that, I manually copy the photo URL then put [ img] and [ / img ] (without the spaces) around the copied link, then it'll show.  If you quote my post, you'll see what I did. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2019, 04:54:10 PM »

I called my chiropractor to see if he could see me today , I thought perhaps he could relieve some of this ache, but today was his day to be closed
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2019, 04:54:36 PM »

Maybe I can get in tomorrow

vixmom

« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2019, 04:55:18 PM »

Back vibes fir the whole dang bunch of us

vixmom

« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2019, 04:55:33 PM »

TCB did you go see the house?

Jane

« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2019, 04:58:34 PM »

Jane, do you and Keith have original Medicare?

We did but due to not finding a primary physician that takes it we had to switch a an advantage plan.  We are now with Regence Blue Cross.  Originally my doctor took Medicare, which is why we went to that practice, and then the office dropped it.

Jane

« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2019, 05:00:15 PM »

Back vibes fir the whole dang bunch of us

Mine might be partly due to my hip.  It hurts the most when I first stand up after sitting.  I was fine on our walk once I got started.  We took a short one for us and will go out again in a little bit.  Two shorter walks is easier than one long one.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2019, 05:00:27 PM »

Back vibes for all.

I am still eye rolling at DR JEANNE's experiences.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2019, 05:04:12 PM »

I eat way too much candy let alone other sweet.  Because I exercise and am thin doctors are never concerned when my glucose is elevated.  Figuring I should check this out more I went and did a blood test that checks your sugar levels for three month.  Darn if it didn't show I am pre-diabetic.  A perfect example of why we need to be pro-active regarding our health care.

Jane

« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2019, 05:05:22 PM »

I am not going cold turkey on sugar but I am trying to reduce my intake.  Any suggestions on alternatives, without artificial sweeteners which I hate, will be appreciated.

Jane

« Reply #119 on: March 21, 2019, 05:05:43 PM »

Back vibes for all.

I am still eye rolling at DR JEANNE's experiences.....

:D Understandably.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up