Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MUSIC TO FEEL LOGY AND GROSS BY  (Read 5063 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: MUSIC TO FEEL LOGY AND GROSS BY
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2019, 02:14:03 PM »

I found my Fosse books.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2019, 02:40:26 PM »

I liked Part Two of F/V more than I liked Part One....and Michelle Williams is growing on me....but I can't take Rockwell as Fosse....

I am trying to find my FOSSE biography....but it seems to have gone missing....it's somewhere.  Perhaps I will look again this afternoon.

Which bio do you have?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2019, 03:01:13 PM »

Odd day at work. After running around and around for the last few weeks, there was little to get done today. Then the meetings started.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2019, 03:38:43 PM »

Wacky day.  I took the matzoh back to Gelson's and made him smell it - VERY stale, he said, apologized and gave me a credit and told me he was removing all the stock of that kind of matzoh (egg and onion).  The expiry date was 12/19 which means the box is probably months old.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2019, 03:39:44 PM »

Then I thought about food but couldn't decide on anything, so I may just make some simple spaghetti with butter, or I may go out somewhere and just sit - but I don't want to drive to Jerry's, there's no mail. 

John G.

« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2019, 03:44:00 PM »

Wacky day.  I took the matzoh back to Gelson's and made him smell it - VERY stale, he said, apologized and gave me a credit and told me he was removing all the stock of that kind of matzoh (egg and onion).  The expiry date was 12/19 which means the box is probably months old.

Smell the Matzoh. Title of my next novel.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2019, 03:44:48 PM »

The frustrating bits are - I'm trying to finally get my Social Security benefits - I went to create an online account but kept getting error messages until it locked me out.  I called them and we tried inputting other addresses, none of which worked.  I asked why and he said because they verify addresses through Equifax.  So, I called Equifax and got some moron after having to listen and respond to ten minutes of voice prompts.  We ascertained that none of my addresses are what they have all the way back to 1998 and then he said he couldn't tell me what it was even though I gave him the pre 1998 address, which I probably gave him wrong anyway because I forgot about living at L'Estancia for a year, although I suspect they have the address of the Shores, but who knows.  So, in order for them to update, I now have to fax them a bunch of stupid documents.  I don't have my social card anymore because my wallet was stolen 16 years ago or more.  So, I have to do a birth certificate and a few documents that have my current address, which is easy.  And I have to  write a cover letter and then it takes ten days to get in their system and THEN I can create an account.  It shouldn't be this hard.

John G.

« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2019, 04:20:12 PM »

Listening to Mimi Bessette's Lullabies of Broadway. Charming. The highlight is an Irish-flavored song I didn't know called My Broth of a Boy, which was written by Cole Porter for Mississippi Belle.

It's always a good day that brings a new Cole Porter tune.
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2019, 04:20:42 PM »

My bank called.  The €200 check from Ireland, which I deposited a month ago was returned with this note "We can no longer accept checks drawn on a bank in Ireland less than €500.00."  I betcha the effen bastards running my bank have spent the past weeks suing all the interest they can get out out of it before returning it.

I've sent an email to the RTE asking them how to proceed.  If they'd simply wired the money, there would have been no problem.

That's terrible! >:(

It sure it >:(

Jane

« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2019, 04:21:17 PM »

I'm feeling okay now - not ready to eat anything - maybe in an hour or so.

Good.

Jane

« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2019, 04:21:47 PM »

I have the box of matzohs and I'm definitely taking them back there so they can smell them. 

Have you purchased them before? 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 04:25:24 PM by Jane »

John G.

« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2019, 04:22:18 PM »

― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2019, 04:23:25 PM »

This for Jane and anyone else who has finished Where the Crawdads Sing. It definitely has spoiler alerts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/now-that-weve-all-read-where-the-crawdads-sing-can-we-talk-about-the-ending/2019/04/17/9ef35184-6074-11e9-9ff2-abc984dc9eec_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-cards_hp-card-arts%3Ahomepage%2Fcard

Thanks.  Unfortunately I can't read anything from the Washington Post as I have not paid to do so.

Do you agree with the comments?

Jane

« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2019, 04:25:08 PM »

That is a long time & should be ok.  What brand is it?  I personally wouldn't want to eat egg & onion and have never purchased it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2019, 04:26:32 PM »

Jane, the expiry date was December 2019, and yes, I've purchased them a lot - never had an issue.

John G.

« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2019, 04:27:19 PM »

There's also a lovely version of New Words, but it can't hold a candle to Liz Callaway's.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2019, 04:32:57 PM »

The frustrating bits are - I'm trying to finally get my Social Security benefits - I went to create an online account but kept getting error messages until it locked me out.  I called them and we tried inputting other addresses, none of which worked.  I asked why and he said because they verify addresses through Equifax.  So, I called Equifax and got some moron after having to listen and respond to ten minutes of voice prompts.  We ascertained that none of my addresses are what they have all the way back to 1998 and then he said he couldn't tell me what it was even though I gave him the pre 1998 address, which I probably gave him wrong anyway because I forgot about living at L'Estancia for a year, although I suspect they have the address of the Shores, but who knows.  So, in order for them to update, I now have to fax them a bunch of stupid documents.  I don't have my social card anymore because my wallet was stolen 16 years ago or more.  So, I have to do a birth certificate and a few documents that have my current address, which is easy.  And I have to  write a cover letter and then it takes ten days to get in their system and THEN I can create an account.  It shouldn't be this hard.

Wow, on so many counts.  First, you carried your SS card in your wallet  :o  And then didn't replace it when it was stolen! 

I had no idea about Equifax.  The address issue sounds very complicated.  I expect there are many, many people who don't recall every address they have lived at.

Jane

« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2019, 04:33:46 PM »

Jane, the expiry date was December 2019, and yes, I've purchased them a lot - never had an issue.

I wasn't fast enough removing the expiration date question from my post-lol

Jane

« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2019, 04:35:29 PM »

Bruce, with all these issues to get SS I am guessing you also don't have Medicare yet or you would have done some of this paperwork already.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2019, 04:36:27 PM »

SOCIAL SECURITY VIBES FOR BRUCE!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2019, 04:51:03 PM »

SOCIAL SECURITY VIBES FOR BRUCE!

~~~SUPER DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2019, 05:56:27 PM »

Back from a lovely Cuban dinner off oxtail stew with boiled yuca with garlic.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2019, 05:56:52 PM »

Probably too many carbs and I will suffer later from them.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2019, 06:00:08 PM »

Finished a fun book over dinner called Last Go Round by Ken Kesey about a historical rodeo in Oregon in which a black and Indian and a white were tied in a rodeo competition.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 06:03:09 PM by John G. »
― Voltaire

Jane

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2019, 06:51:25 PM »

Page three?  Really???

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2019, 06:52:05 PM »

Listening to music.  Had about four ounces of spaghetti with butter and cheese - very good - and a little soup - also reasonably good.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2019, 06:52:35 PM »

I'll go out shortly to get something sweet, which is the only thing that will help me not taste that matzoh.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2019, 06:52:57 PM »

Matzoh with Pesticide - that's the title of my next novel.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up