Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: MUSIC TO BECOME A SERIAL KILLER BY  (Read 3687 times)

FJL

Re: MUSIC TO BECOME A SERIAL KILLER BY
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2019, 03:50:47 PM »

But here's the real expose that needs to be exposed.  When I go to McDonald's and get the three items that I like, which is my food intake for the day, it now costs over sixteen bucks - sixteen BUCKS for McDonald's - that's just ridiculous and kind of heading into Jerry's Deli territory.  Taco Bell is also not as inexpensive as it was, although I can get out of there for a little under ten bucks.  But the two bargain jernts are Popeye's - two big breasts, two biscuits, total expense $6.11.  THAT is a bargain.  And In N Out is still very reasonable if you get two cheeseburgers - a more than reasonable just over five bucks with tax.  Cheaper than McDonald's Big Mac and much better.

I wonder if it's because the Big Mac is now the dinner of choice at the White House.

FJL

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2019, 03:58:44 PM »

Not the TOD, but this is the perfect way to not honor your big hit song. :)

Cher introduces "Just Like Jesse James" by first calling it crap but then conceding that it's not really crap, it's just not her favorite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpclpqXGe5A

FJL

« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2019, 04:01:12 PM »

I do like her conceding that "when you get old, you just ramble and ramble and ramble..."

FJL

« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2019, 04:04:16 PM »

The other day, Trump tweeted something like "Finally, Cher agrees with me on something."  She seemed aghast.

Cher rips Trump as 'ignorant thug' after he says he agrees with her on immigration

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/439164-cher-rips-trump-as-ignorant-thug-after-he-says-he-agrees-with

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2019, 04:04:52 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2019, 04:06:32 PM »

Bruce, have you tried Sambucol for your allergies? It's not just good for colds and flu. I take it whenever I start getting congested and also if I'm feeling lousy but don't really know what to take. It's a good all-rounder.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2019, 04:06:47 PM »

Allergy-begone vibes to all of us!

FJL

« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2019, 04:07:42 PM »

TOD, but about theater, since I announced this elsewhere.  :)

I paid $1.80 to see Laurette Taylor in “Glass Menagerie” and would gladly have paid twice that.  I've decided enough is enough with all the people who say I've never seen theater unless I saw Laurette Taylor on this play. 

I’m doing a Sarah Huckabee Sanders on that one from now on.  Whenever it comes up, and it comes up all the time, as long as I‘m not under oath: I saw her, they can prove I didn’t.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2019, 04:14:19 PM »

But here's the real expose that needs to be exposed.  When I go to McDonald's and get the three items that I like, which is my food intake for the day, it now costs over sixteen bucks - sixteen BUCKS for McDonald's - that's just ridiculous and kind of heading into Jerry's Deli territory.  Taco Bell is also not as inexpensive as it was, although I can get out of there for a little under ten bucks.  But the two bargain jernts are Popeye's - two big breasts, two biscuits, total expense $6.11.  THAT is a bargain.  And In N Out is still very reasonable if you get two cheeseburgers - a more than reasonable just over five bucks with tax.  Cheaper than McDonald's Big Mac and much better.

There's a little hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant that I go to a lot. Two freshly made veggie tacos for $5.50. Maybe not quite the bargain as BK's Popeye's, but really good and they fill me up. Sooo many restaurants these days seem overpriced to me.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2019, 04:17:44 PM »

I have no news.

TTFN.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2019, 04:18:17 PM »

Oh, yes, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to DR SANDRA!

We miss you, Sandra!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2019, 04:25:25 PM »

I just now learned of a new TV show: MS. FISHER'S MODERN MURDER MYSTERIES. It's a take-off from the Phrynne Fisher mysteries, starring her "niece." It begins on Acorn TV next week. It will be difficult indeed to equal the wonderful chemistry of the original MISS FISHER series. But I will most definitely give it a try.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2019, 04:57:32 PM »

I pretty much take Sambucol all the time - I always have ten boxes here no matter what.  But only Claritin-D can actually stop the allergies cold.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2019, 05:03:23 PM »

So, there I was, listening to a different performance of the Tansman 5th symphony, which I found in the garage - much better interpretation from not as good an orchestra, so a trade-off, but I also prefer the sound, which is more up front in this one.  So, for fun I searched Amazon to see if there are other performances of his symphonies - there are some one-offs that don't look very good, but in the search, interestingly, a Henryk Gorecki symphony came up, which I thought was odd - not his famous chart-topping third symphony (one of the oddest phenomenons in music history, selling over a million copies on the pop charts), but his final symphony, the fourth, which he completed only in short score with orchestration instructions for his son, who did the orchestration after his father died.  And what is the subtitle of this symphony?  Tansman Episodes.  So, a kind of homage to Tansman and written for a then-festival celebrating Tansman.  It's on the Tube of You and it's very interesting - very repetitious - VERY repetitious, but like Gorecki's third, there's something mesmerizing about it.  I'm liking it although you'll want to kick in your speakers after the twentieth repeat of the opening figure.  But somehow it's held my attention (I accidentally wrote "intention" of "attention" - hmmm). 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2019, 05:03:32 PM »

Page three?  Really?

FJL

« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2019, 05:04:51 PM »

Happy birthday, Sandra!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2019, 05:06:10 PM »

The music just turned very Khachaturian Sabre Dance for a few bars.  I think they call this kind of writing "eclectic."  But it's holding my intention and attention.  This is a live recording and there are a lot of coughing morons in attendance.  You know how that goes: these coughers have not coughed all day, not coughed prior to the concert beginning, but as soon as the conductor gives the downbeat and there's a quiet section, they cough.  And they continue to cough throught the entire duration of the music.  As soon as it's over - they don't cough again.  It is a phenomenon like no other.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2019, 05:06:26 PM »

Sandra is a no-show, birthday-wise.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2019, 05:06:57 PM »

Perhaps she's out feeding homeless pigeons or gnus.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2019, 06:28:22 PM »

I just now learned of a new TV show: MS. FISHER'S MODERN MURDER MYSTERIES. It's a take-off from the Phrynne Fisher mysteries, starring her "niece." It begins on Acorn TV next week. It will be difficult indeed to equal the wonderful chemistry of the original MISS FISHER series. But I will most definitely give it a try.

I am wondering where this niece will come from since, as far as I know, her only sibling was her little sister.

It looks like the niece will be introduced in the upcoming Miss Fisher and the Crypt of Tears 

Jane

« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2019, 06:28:53 PM »

After watching the trailer for the new show I am not overly hopeful.
https://blogs.weta.org/tellyvisions/2019/03/20/ms-fishers-modern-murder-mysteries-arrives-us-april

Jane

« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2019, 06:45:19 PM »

Our scenic route home today was beautiful.  We took I-97 to WA-14.  WA-14 followed the Columbia River through a gorgeous section of the river we have never seen before.  Now I understand why the Steamboat cruises along the Columbia River are popular.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2019, 07:39:22 PM »

That's pretty cool, Jane.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2019, 08:22:43 PM »

Good evening, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2019, 08:23:11 PM »

Sorry to have been E&T lately. I went to visit my friend Bonnie for Easter.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2019, 08:23:44 PM »

We had plenty of fun, watching several movies, eating, etc.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2019, 08:24:42 PM »

We watched Hitchcock's Under Capricorn, which neither of us had seen, as well as the magnificent Rififi and a National Geographic series on the Okavongo Delta.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2019, 08:24:51 PM »

Let's move on ...
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up