Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: A DAY EARLY  (Read 3157 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: A DAY EARLY
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2019, 03:26:37 PM »

Apparently Audra McDonald and Michael Shannon are fully nude at the start of Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de la Lune.

That and the fact I think it's a poor play will keep me away.  The movie is much better.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2019, 03:26:54 PM »

Interesting article DR FJL.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2019, 03:28:20 PM »

Apparently Audra McDonald and Michael Shannon are fully nude at the start of Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de la Lune.

That's one I'd forgotten about. I saw it at the Mark Taper around, oh, hmm.... late 1980s? I don't even remember who I saw in it! But I believe they were both very good.

Was that Kathy Bates in the original? Stanley Tucci and Edie Falco were in the revival, as I recall.

I saw the replacement cast after Bates left.  Carol Kane, I think.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2019, 03:29:43 PM »

I remember when OKLAHOMA! first came out in a "collection" version on VHS and it was taken from the TODD AO print that had been the first run version for those theatres that could project the process....other theatres and television and early video versions were the "regular" version that was shot.....and the same time but NOT simultaneously with the T-AO version.....those scenes were shot first, then they changed cameras and did another shot for the other version.

It was interesting seeing the "fresh" takes as opposed to the second takes of the scenes....there really IS a difference.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2019, 03:31:54 PM »

I am home from a long work rehearsal.  I think it will be a good show.  I also think someone needs to record an Ana Gasteyer album.  She's really wonderful.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2019, 04:19:10 PM »

This was linked by  Alan Scott on All That Chat, saying simply on the Signature theater site that

"Editor’s note: Since the printing of this article, Sondheim is no longer collaborating with David Ives on the project."

https://www.everythingsondheim.org/everything-we-know-and-dont-know-about-sondheims-surrealist-collaboration-with-david-ives/?fbclid=IwAR2OA2CWl3F4Tr-DLHq8O9ts6yNq-rvGw6UqV97eSNySu0Dv4WH8M3kbr0Y

Wow.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2019, 04:21:12 PM »

ChasSmith, any idea when the Criterion sale at Barnes and Noble is happening? I wanna get the upcoming Hedwig release.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2019, 04:21:55 PM »

Symphony is playing Ravel’s Tzigane tonight. Love that piece.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2019, 04:23:28 PM »

Work was harder today than yesterday. And one little missy thinks she’s the boss and she ain’t.

But it was a better day.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2019, 04:23:33 PM »

Just been relaxing and resting my voice and praying having a sick person here yesterday passes me by.

FJL

« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2019, 04:23:58 PM »

That's one I'd forgotten about. I saw it at the Mark Taper around, oh, hmm.... late 1980s? I don't even remember who I saw in it! But I believe they were both very good.

Was that Kathy Bates in the original? Stanley Tucci and Edie Falco were in the revival, as I recall.

I saw the replacement cast after Bates left.  Carol Kane, I think.

Bonnie Franklin also did the play for a while with Tony Musante.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 04:35:17 PM by FJL »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2019, 04:24:20 PM »

I do have to go to the store, perhaps on the way home from the theater, and pick up some preventatives that I ran out of, i.e. Airborne

FJL

« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2019, 04:30:31 PM »

Just been relaxing and resting my voice and praying having a sick person here yesterday passes me by.

Healthy voice vibes for BK!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2019, 05:14:01 PM »

It is 2:11am and I am wide awake feari g I am coming down with a cold.  I should have taken a benadryl but it is too late now.

I really do not want to be sick today and spoil our anniversary celebration.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2019, 05:15:30 PM »

DR JANE and the REAL KEITH at the Hall of Mirrors in Versailles.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2019, 05:15:59 PM »

Stay well vibes for DR JANE and MR BK.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2019, 05:54:43 PM »

Been dozing on and off, which is probably a good thing.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2019, 06:12:35 PM »

Haven't the physical attributes always been inherent in choices of actors and actresses?

I personally find no issue with a little eye candy here and there and I don't think it takes me out of the show.

As far as having some good looking male bodies on screen I say go for it, I care not for the directors motivation...if someone brings in a box of candy for me to share, I for one shall dive in, no questions asked

Ditto and ditto! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2019, 06:14:23 PM »

What If mystery solved:  Apparently, right after the show closed, I had a meeting with this gal and her then-partner and we talked about them licensing it.  She thinks I said go ahead and let's see what happens, which is probably accurate, but we never signed anything.  She said she'd get the guy to take it off the site, along with the lyrics.  Very nice gal - it was all very pleasant.

Great.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2019, 06:14:37 PM »

I saw Julie Walters and Brian Cox starring in it in London on the West End in 1989.

I’ve never seen it. Not even the movie.

I haven't either. ::)

George

« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2019, 06:14:46 PM »

This was linked by  Alan Scott on All That Chat, saying simply on the Signature theater site that

"Editor’s note: Since the printing of this article, Sondheim is no longer collaborating with David Ives on the project."

https://www.everythingsondheim.org/everything-we-know-and-dont-know-about-sondheims-surrealist-collaboration-with-david-ives/?fbclid=IwAR2OA2CWl3F4Tr-DLHq8O9ts6yNq-rvGw6UqV97eSNySu0Dv4WH8M3kbr0Y

Oh, no! :-\

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2019, 06:16:41 PM »

Guess I'll shower and then shortly be on my way to an opening night.

George

« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2019, 06:20:38 PM »

I am home from a long work rehearsal.  I think it will be a good show.  I also think someone needs to record an Ana Gasteyer album.  She's really wonderful.

She has made one recording, I'm Hip. :)

George

« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2019, 06:20:54 PM »

~~~Don't-Get-Sick Vibes for BK!!~~~

George

« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2019, 06:21:12 PM »

DR JANE and the REAL KEITH at the Hall of Mirrors in Versailles.

Nice!

George

George

« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2019, 06:23:52 PM »

Well, I need to be going.  I got all my time in for this week.  Who'da thunk it?? ;) I'm going to my sister's to help her set up for a PFLAG garage sale tomorrow.  I'll be helping there tomorrow, also, AND helping move a desk to my parents' house at some point during the sale.  It'll be a busy couple of days.

Be back later.

George

« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2019, 06:23:59 PM »

But...

George

« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2019, 06:24:08 PM »

...before I go...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up