Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: LEFT TO MY OWN DEVICES  (Read 4374 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: LEFT TO MY OWN DEVICES
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2019, 06:27:54 AM »

Page 2 Dance!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2019, 06:28:03 AM »

We completely missed last night midtown blackout.  I learned about it from an email from my cousin in Ohio, who wanted to be sure I was okay.

I was just going to ask if it extended to your neighborhood.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2019, 06:29:03 AM »

We completely missed last night midtown blackout.  I learned about it from an email from my cousin in Ohio, who wanted to be sure I was okay.

I have been watching for you to post to know if you experienced it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2019, 06:29:15 AM »

Ohio calling New York - here's the latest news!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

ChasSmith

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2019, 06:29:28 AM »

I didn’t hear about it till after I got home around 11:30 last night.

Jane

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2019, 06:29:36 AM »

What about DR FJL?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2019, 06:30:51 AM »

Last night was of course a terrific night.....I did get applause on my first egress which is to be expected with 6 siblings and 6 sibling in laws in the audience....but the whole audience laughed from beginning to end.

DR FJL that sounds familiar but that situation is not in the play version or film version of the show I know....but it happened in something because I recall it as well.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2019, 06:32:36 AM »

Neck vibes for DR TCB.

I am just letting things flow - the taker of the picture was Sam's (Arnold) wife.  He is a minister at a local church and they are very nice people - I am not letting my feelings come into the dressing room or backstage.....no need to let it destroy everyone else's good experience.

My time will come....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2019, 06:32:56 AM »

DR JEANNE I don't know how you can tell from THAT picture, but yes I am losing weight.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2019, 06:33:06 AM »

ME DAY vibes for MR BK.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2019, 06:33:48 AM »

One of the animal rescue groups is headed by a wall-to-wall bitch, who was described to me over a year ago as rude and obnoxious.  We got into a FB battle the other day when I called her on her rudeness.  Last night, she sent a flurry of personal messages, calling me a feeble old man and an old fool.  When I told her it was my observation from her behavior she cared less about saving a dog and more about the applause she gets for being a hero, she told me she was putting my name on a "Do Not Adopt To" list.  If I find she has, I'll see her in court.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 06:56:28 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2019, 06:35:28 AM »

DR TCB, I hope you are feeling much bertter today!

Jane

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2019, 07:20:20 AM »

I am just letting things flow - the taker of the picture was Sam's (Arnold) wife.  He is a minister at a local church and they are very nice people - I am not letting my feelings come into the dressing room or backstage.....no need to let it destroy everyone else's good experience.

My time will come....

Great attitude.

Jane

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2019, 07:21:08 AM »

DR JEANNE I don't know how you can tell from THAT picture, but yes I am losing weight.

Good for you though I could not tell from that outfit ;D

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2019, 07:25:29 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2019, 07:26:12 AM »

Not a great night. Too hot to sleep. Even with the AC on.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2019, 07:27:03 AM »

Hope Fred is doing OK despite the power problems.
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2019, 08:42:44 AM »

Power was on in our apartment before midnight.  The media actually gave a warning before 8 pm that electricity could go off in more places around the area, that it may not be limited just to what's already been hit -   

FJL

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2019, 08:43:29 AM »

so I had plenty of time to fill pots up with up water, close down computers, make sure the Blackberry phone was fully charged, and indeed the warning proved to be true. 

FJL

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2019, 08:44:44 AM »

The hallways in our building turned out to have an emergency generator at a low electricity level, so there was always some light (and conversation in the hall) by opening the apartment door.  but the elevators were not working -

FJL

« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2019, 08:46:07 AM »

so Skip who had been at "Spiderman" at the movie multiplex several blocks away [and somehow the movies there were not interrupted, though Skip said the elevators and the escalators did not work] could not get upstairs until the power was restored. 

FJL

« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2019, 08:48:00 AM »

Then, a surprise nice feature about apartment living - a few maintenance people started going from door to door even though it was late, but better safe than sorry - to make sure there were no medical emergencies. 

FJL

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2019, 09:03:32 AM »

DR FJL that sounds familiar but that situation is not in the play version or film version of the show I know....but it happened in something because I recall it as well.

This is in the wiki description: (I may have been klutzy in how I described this plot set-up, which is actually a little on the macabre side compared to the pointed but romantic fun of the set-ups for "Pillow Talk" and "Lover Come Back")

George visits his doctor after experiencing chest pains. He overhears his doctor, Ralph Morrissey (Edward Andrews), discussing a patient who has just a few weeks to live. George assumes that Morrissey is talking about him and is distraught. On the train home he tells his friend, Arnold Nash (Tony Randall), that he will die soon. He has decided not to tell Judy, knowing it will upset her. Arnold solemnly assures George that he will deliver the eulogy at his funeral.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 09:29:00 AM by FJL »

John G.

« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2019, 09:51:31 AM »

I'm having better luck with Windows Media Player than iTunes these days. (I know iTunes is going away soon, but I thought it was still supposed to be functioning.) Anyway, I went looking for an Aretha Franklin album this morning. Somehow, in addition to my Aretha albums, I also get the option of playing The Maguire Sisters Sing Subways Are for Sleeping. Bizarre.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2019, 11:15:20 AM »

Power was on in our apartment before midnight.  The media actually gave a warning before 8 pm that electricity could go off in more places around the area, that it may not be limited just to what's already been hit -   

Not bad at all.

Jane

« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2019, 11:16:57 AM »

so Skip who had been at "Spiderman" at the movie multiplex several blocks away [and somehow the movies there were not interrupted, though Skip said the elevators and the escalators did not work] could not get upstairs until the power was restored. 

:o

Jane

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2019, 11:17:18 AM »

Then, a surprise nice feature about apartment living - a few maintenance people started going from door to door even though it was late, but better safe than sorry - to make sure there were no medical emergencies. 

I am impressed.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2019, 01:08:10 PM »

ChasSmith, see if it says restoration on it.  I'm not sure that's a good one, but if it's the same transfer as the French, which is what I have, then you'll be very pleased.  I do know it came out in the UK - but if it's 2.35 it's wrong.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2019, 01:08:10 PM »

It never fails.  As soon as I find something the cats like on Amazon, it immediately vanishes.  They loved a brand of bonito flakes and immediately Amazon stopped selling it.  So I just bought the Catmandoo bonito flakes, which stink to high heaven, and Annabelle won't go near them.  Stella and Thatch love them but I do not love the smell.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2019, 01:09:28 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - was up briefly at nine to move my car out of the driveway, but I don't think the fellow who's moving into the back house has come yet, so that wasn't necessary.  But I went right back to bed and just got up, so over nine hours of necessary sleep.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up