Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: AND WE WANT TO MARRY YOUR WOMEN  (Read 20721 times)

Michael

Re:AND WE WANT TO MARRY YOUR WOMEN
« Reply #150 on: March 10, 2005, 07:21:13 PM »

Michael Shayne Good Vibes on your play.

Thank you darling you are so kind and thoughtful, We reallly must get together for coffee somewhere sometime
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #151 on: March 10, 2005, 08:06:59 PM »

After watching A LETTER TO THREE WIVES today, I realized all over again that Linda Darnell wasn't much of an actress. Beautiful, yes, but her acting wasn't so swift.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #152 on: March 10, 2005, 08:09:24 PM »

My goodness, the guest stars were coming out of the woodwork on CSI tonight:

Stephen Baldwin
Lee Tergesen
Larry Sullivan

Three favorites for various reasons.

And that doesn't include Aisha Tyler who was billed as Special Guest Star.

Matt H.

« Reply #153 on: March 10, 2005, 08:10:46 PM »

And with that, I'll bid everyone a great good night.

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #154 on: March 10, 2005, 08:49:32 PM »

Back, I went to go take a shower because I just ran 4 miles earlier. As I got out of the shower, I started to feel lightheaded and I got the feeling like I was going to throw up, but my stomach did not hurt. I didn't even really have time to dry off I just had to wrap a towel around my waist and went straight to my bed to lay down for a few minutes. I have been taking the last hour or two kind of easy watching tv. Still a little bit shaky but I don't know if that has to do with the incident in the shower or just being tired from running. Once I got cooled down after the shower I felt much better. It was very strange.
There is no music without silence, only noise...

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #155 on: March 10, 2005, 08:57:45 PM »

I suppose I should give all of you some more information on how I am dealing with my grandmother's death. I am doing extremely well now. It was especially hard at the funeral Mass, but maybe that's because I couldn't let myself cry since I had to sing. We also stopped by the grave the day after the funeral and it was pretty tough. She would have wanted everyone to party and they did. I spent two nights as the designated driver as they hit the area bars. It is funny because in just about every picture you see of her she is holding a beer in her hand. She really wasn't a huge drinker, but she liked to just sit back and relax with a Bud. She even named her cat Bud. Right now I am just really remembering the good times and haven't been too sad since I've gotten home. She wasn't afraid to die and she looked at it as being reunited with my grandpa who died in the 70s. It was really a blessing that she went so quickly. She didn't have to suffer much at all.

I'm currently on Spring Break and am considering seeing a show in Indy this weekend. I think I've got it down between Frozen and My One and Only (which really intrigues me, but the tickets are $25 so we'll see).
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 08:59:21 PM by Joey »
There is no music without silence, only noise...

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: March 10, 2005, 09:29:52 PM »

DR Joey, sorry about your grandmother, but it sounds like you're dealing with it very well.

Cillaliz

« Reply #157 on: March 10, 2005, 09:30:50 PM »

BK, you're back. For a moment it was just me, no other DRs and no guests, I was about ready to start dancing the night away

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: March 10, 2005, 09:31:16 PM »

I'm back, oh my droogs.  Glad to see Pogue is fixed.  The Deutsch affair was lovely - a small group of people, all very sweet.  Food was excellent, although I wish I hadn't had luncheon prior to dinnereon.  

MISCREANT!

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: March 10, 2005, 09:31:32 PM »

How was the birthday party?

Cillaliz

« Reply #160 on: March 10, 2005, 09:32:30 PM »

MISCREANT INDEED!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: March 10, 2005, 09:32:42 PM »

Here is a photograph of Miss Deutsch, and her lovely friends Bob and Allison.  Allison is quite pregnant and come July she'll be birthing what I know will be a beautiful baby girl.

Cillaliz

« Reply #162 on: March 10, 2005, 09:33:37 PM »

Was there any Robert Blake talk tonight?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: March 10, 2005, 09:34:37 PM »

These phone pictures do reproduce quite blurry.  They look very good on the phone when you see them and they even look decent when you load them in iPhoto.

Here is a photograph of Barbara's delightfully delightful son Sam, and his ever-lovin' Natalie, who told me she just wrote a Benjamin Kritzer review at amazon.  I'm going to check it out now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: March 10, 2005, 09:40:59 PM »

We've got a quorum on the forum.  Let's not bore 'em - let's get some postin' goin' on, shall we?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: March 10, 2005, 10:09:28 PM »

Let me get this straight - we had a quorum on the forum and not one of the quorum on the forum deigned to POST???  Pardon me while I vomit on the ground.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: March 10, 2005, 10:10:44 PM »

I mean, not to beat a dead horse, but what were the quorum on the forum doing - twiddling their collective thumbs?  Enjoying the posts of others without contributing?  Have these quorumlets never heard of BITCH-SLAPPING???

MISCREANTS, one and all.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: March 10, 2005, 10:11:19 PM »

Well, I shall be a majority of one and the devil take the hindmost, oh, yes, the devil take the hindmost.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: March 10, 2005, 10:11:31 PM »

I am my own frenzy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: March 10, 2005, 10:30:00 PM »

Well, I give up.  I'm going to watch a movie.  No comprende, if you get my drift.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #170 on: March 10, 2005, 10:41:28 PM »

Good Evening!  Good Morning!

-I've been catching up on the day's posts for the past hour or so. AOL has been very touchy lately - it just seems to shut down randomly.  Hopefully the bug reports I've been sending will help. In any case...
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #171 on: March 10, 2005, 10:44:47 PM »

Gotta be a wussburger, sorry....but at least I'm posting something as I head off to bed...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #172 on: March 10, 2005, 10:49:03 PM »

A nice late-winter day in NYC.  Cold, yes, but lots of sun. And, yes, as I've mentioned before, I like NYC in the winter.  Strange, but true.

I took me a while to get in gear this morning.  I apparently took a few cat naps on my friends' living room couch throughout the morning.  I would just find myself waking up again.  And I'm pretty sure I slept well too.  Then I realized it was just the past week catching up with me.  In the past six days, I've been in three different cities; driven about 500 miles; travelled another 240 miles on the train; and walked who-knows-how-many miles here in NYC already (I love walking in Manhattan).  Oh, and I've also played about 1200 auditions too!

Whew!

So... When I got to the rehearsal studio to meet up with DR PennyO for our first read-thru I was a little worried since I was feeling a little brain-dead.  I had hit the proverbial wall.  But things went very well, and we actually just ended up doing a semi-run-thru of the whole show.  And we have a bunch more hours over the next few days to fine tune things.  And relax too!  Having that "room" to relax is always a great luxury when getting a show ready for opening night.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #173 on: March 10, 2005, 10:58:21 PM »

After rehearsal, I headed back to midtown to meet my friend, Mark, since he had driven into the the city for some meetings today, and we could both head back out to Edgewater in his car.  We almost headed up to the GW Bridge, but headed back toward the Lincoln Tunnel when we hit a pretty major stall.  The Tunnel wasn't too bad, but the cops directing the cars into the tunnel seemed to be playing some sort of game.  We would see the lights turn green, but they wouldn't let anyone go through the intersection.  After four(!) cycles of the lights, we were finally signaled to go through.  The traffic in the Tunnel was understandably and expectedly heavy, but it was moving and we made good time back to Edgewater.  We even made a Whole Foods stop to pick up some dinner.

After dinner, Mark was kind enough to drive me and my luggage back into the city.  I met my friend, Nick, at the intermission of All Shook Up, got his keys, and then drove up to Washington Heights which is where I'm posting from now.

Great neighborhood, and just two blocks from the A/C,1/9.  Very convenient.  And since the Presbyterian hospital is in nearby, I discovered that bunch of the shops around here keep late hours - one of the coffee shops is open until 4:30AM.  *And they provide discounts on coffee to the ER personnel.

Best of all, I'm here for the duration.  Well, until Jewish Thighs closes.  And Nick will be heading out of town next week for a gig, so I'll have the place to myself for a couple of days.  -Funny how things work out in the end, ain't it?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: March 10, 2005, 10:59:57 PM »

It's the ATTACK OF THE WUSSBURGERS.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: March 10, 2005, 11:00:03 PM »

Topic of the Day -

I watched a lot of Laurel & Hardy movies when I was younger.  Channels 5 and 20 in DC would show them regularly on Saturday and Sunday mornings.  I remember liking them a lot, but I can't seem to remember any specific titles or skits right now.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #176 on: March 10, 2005, 11:02:40 PM »

DR Joey - Once again, I just have to say, you are one amazingly mature young man.  Heck, you're even more mature than some of my contemporaries and cohorts!

To borrow a phrase from Jerry Herman - whom I'm sure borrowed it from someone else...

Time Heals Everything.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #177 on: March 10, 2005, 11:03:55 PM »

It's the ATTACK OF THE WUSSBURGERS.

I, for one, ain't no fargin' WUSSBURGER tonight.

...well, at least not for now...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #178 on: March 10, 2005, 11:09:24 PM »

Second to last day of work today...oh goody
I tried to make chicken and rice soup today...but I kinda forgot that rice expands a lot when you cook it, so it turned into a rice chicken stew thing...still pretty good, though..lots of seasonings, and I added a splash of lime juice that gave it a nice added flavor.  

I also went to the gym today...second time this week, so I'm feeling virtuous.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #179 on: March 10, 2005, 11:15:25 PM »

DR Michael Shayne - Have you checked out The Richmond Triangle Players?

http://www.richmondtriangleplayers.com

They are based in Richmond, VA.  I've done a few shows for them, and I've seen a bunch of their productions.

Sort of a "fringe group" - modest budgets, production values, etc. - but they put on some quality work.  They've even attracted some national attention/notice for a couple of their recent productions.  And they have a strong commitment towards producing new works.  They've had at least one world premiere in each of their recent seasons.

If you check out their website, you can get more information about them.  There's also a one or two groups in Philly you may want to check out.  Their names escape me right now, but I'm sure Googling will come up with a few names.  And there's also the Bailiwick - or any other of those theatre companies based out the Theatre Building in Chicago.

Have you checked out the member companies of the GLBT Theatre Festival circuit?
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up