Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: AND WE WANT TO MARRY YOUR WOMEN  (Read 20755 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:AND WE WANT TO MARRY YOUR WOMEN
« Reply #120 on: March 10, 2005, 03:01:56 PM »

And for someone who was positioning herself as "homespun" and down to earth, and wanting to attract other homespun people, could that magazine have been any more pretentious?  With her cockamamie crest???

I don't "despise" her with anything near the contempt in which Mitch holds her.  She's been a schlub the entire competition and should have gone much, much earlier than she did.  That she came back seems VERY suspicious to me now, especially with her winning after having been such a poor performer all through the competition.

Even with the final competition being between her and Mitch, I am betting Robert Evangelista is dissing Bobby Flay everywhere he goes for choosing Kimberly as the winner.

It boggles the imagination.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 03:03:38 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2005, 03:06:16 PM »

They WERE at the bottom of a pile, but it was the first pile next to the door, so it was easy to deal with.

I am pleased you had no difficulty with your piles.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2005, 03:11:59 PM »

I have also been impressed by the urinal at the Madonna Inn.  It was a "must see" stop recommended by my brother DR Jay on a trip the Dear Partner and I made from San Francisco to Laguna Hills.

I never cared for Laurel and Hardy, so I have nothing to contribute to the TOD.

Perhaps if you spent less time viewing "Urinals of the Rich and Famous" you'd have more time for maturing taste for cimematic haute culture like Laurel and Hardy.

We could make easy: let's project silent films on that bare spot we all  (should) stare at when using the urinals.

der Brucer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2005, 03:15:44 PM »

All this talk of urinals reminds me of how Niles Crane got a generous divorce settlement from his ex-wife Maris:   He found out that her family's fortune was not "old timber money" at all, but that her father had made a fortune manufacturing urinal cakes.

Niles got the beach house for keeping her secret, as I recall.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 03:21:55 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2005, 03:43:52 PM »

Back from luncheon and errands.  Several packages, too, so that's always nice.  I shall have to eat a VERY light supper - perhaps just a Casear Salad or something like that.

Danise

« Reply #125 on: March 10, 2005, 04:10:26 PM »

Hi folks,

You wouldn't believe the week I'm having so I won't bore you with it.  

The excitement is starting to build for the NY trip!  The butterflies are starting as well.  The more I watch the weather the more they flutter.  

I think I have changed my mind about the zoo.  I think I shall stick to indoor spots.  Some of the museums for sure.  But if possible, I still want to try to go ice skating.  Not long.  Just a hour, maybe less.  

I'm so sorry I couldn't get that stupid wi-fi card to work!  I am sooo fustrated with it.  I was hoping to use it stay in touch with everyone on the board or by e-mails instead of using the cell phone.  If I call you, it's a local number for me (I have no roaming) but if you call me, it's a long distance call to Florida even if I'm in the same room with you.  

Hate to cut this short but I have to go get some rest.  Have a good evening all.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #126 on: March 10, 2005, 05:01:28 PM »

Yes....just mention "urinal cakes" and folks flee to the hills.

Uh-huh!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: March 10, 2005, 05:02:07 PM »

No posts in an hour.  You KNOW how I HATE that, and all I can think of to say is - MISCREANT!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: March 10, 2005, 05:12:32 PM »

I'm back from goddaughter Charlotte's dance concert, which I attended with her father and godmother, Miss Celia Weston, recently back from filming in India.  A good time and delicious dinner was had by all.

The March 19 reservation is confirmed at Angus McIndoe Restaurant!

For you curious Sondheim fans, here's the schedule for the March 19 Wall-to-Wall Sondheim at Symphony Space:

http://www.symphonyspace.org/genres/eventPage.php?genreId=1&eventId=1005

Here's the April 1 concert with Brent Barrett and the New York Pops, in which Noah Racey is doing "Once In Love With Amy":

http://www.newyorkpops.org/html/concerts.html
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #129 on: March 10, 2005, 05:37:26 PM »

Today I went for a walk, and this is what I saw:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #130 on: March 10, 2005, 05:39:15 PM »

And this:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: March 10, 2005, 05:47:20 PM »

I shall soon be on my way to the Barbara Deutsch birthday dinner.  It's at Vitello's, the restaurant that plays a part in the alleged Robert Blake business.

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #132 on: March 10, 2005, 05:51:51 PM »

Salutations! :) I've been home for a day now, but I just sort of rested all day. The funeral on Monday went well. I even sang Shubert's Ave Maria even though I only had one day to prepare. :o It went well though and everyone loved it. (Plus the fact that I had a three second echo in the church that helped hide any mistakes. :) It was really good to see all the family even though it was for a sad event. I hadn't been over to Ohio since before high school. Unfortunately a third or fourth cousin of mine who I am great friends with just lost her grandfather today so I am going to have to do something for her. For those of you who have been trying to get a hold of me for various and sundried things I will be good about getting back in touch with you now. We had wireless internet at the hotel, but for some reason it wouldn't let me post here. It was rather odd.
There is no music without silence, only noise...

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #133 on: March 10, 2005, 05:53:16 PM »

As for the TOD, I haven't watched a Laurel and Hardy movie in a long long time so I might have to sit down and watch one before bed.
There is no music without silence, only noise...

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: March 10, 2005, 05:58:19 PM »

DR Joey, welcome back!

DR Danise, are we doing the subway while you are in NYC?  I'm available both Saturday and Sunday for tourist assistance to all incoming DRs.  So far, my only booking is Saturday afternoon, and my dance card is waiting for a schedule.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2005, 06:04:11 PM »

The Brits do have more fun!

(From The Guardian:

Is there a formula for the perfect cuppa? Marc Abrahams gauges academic opinion

Tuesday March 8, 2005
The Guardian

Some people collect birds' eggs, some collect stamps, some the scalps of their enemies. I collect scientists' best rituals for preparing tea or coffee. Under the rubric Project Cuppa, this endeavour is only two months old. Yet already it is revealing wonders.

For some, the ritual is really about the pace and rhythm of their day, and begins at home. Julie Ellis, in Cambridge, begins the day with what might be termed a strategic ritual. "Get out of bed. Make tea for me and my husband. (Large mug, tea bag and one sugar/ sweetener, milk added last.) Don't wake him up. Drink both mugs of tea. Rinse and repeat, until either I'm sloshing or he gets up." Other scientists rely, perhaps too much, on the concept of iteration.

Susan Smith, a chemistry teacher at Petaluma high school in California, follows a simple procedure. "Brew the tea. Find it two hours later, cold. Add sugar, microwave. Remember it two hours later, cold. Microwave again. Repeat until time to go home. Return to work, wash cup, try again. Repeat as necessary."

Phil Prosser, a wildlife ecotoxicologist at the Central Science Laboratory in Sand Hutton, York, follows a multi-step regimen that begins: "(1) Arrive at work. Decide I'd like a cup of tea. (2) Get distracted by something else for around an hour. (3) Remember the tea plan. Find that kettle is empty. (4) Get distracted again." Prosser's list concludes in stirring fashion: "(13) Go home, still having had no tea. (14) Drink tea furiously all evening, to ward off thirst and dehydration. (15) Get up at least twice in the night to visit the bathroom as a result of step 14."

Laura Eyring, an analytical chemist at the Philadelphia Water Department in Pennsylvania, recalls: "When I was a chemistry student in college, my morning coffee ritual was as follows. In the same plastic cup that holds the toothbrush, add two heaping tablespoons instant coffee (kept in the bathroom medicine cabinet for easy reach). Let the hot tap water run for a few minutes so it's nice and hot. Fill cup with steaming hot water, add non-dairy creamer and artificial sweetener to taste. Stir with the handle of the toothbrush to avoid lumps. Down quickly. Last gulp should have a nice minty taste."

Ig Nobels on tour

The 2005 Ig Nobel Tour comes to the UK this month. Accompanying Marc Abrahams will be:

Robert Batty and Ben Wilson, Ig Nobel Biology Prize winners, 2004, who discovered that herrings communicate by farting.

Chris McManus, Ig Nobel Medicine Prize winner, 2002 for Scrotal Asymmetry in Man and in Ancient Sculpture.

Kees Moeliker, Ig Nobel Biology Prize winner, 2003: The First Scientifically Recorded Case of Homosexual Necrophilia in the Mallard Duck.

Wolter Seuntjens, A Comprehensive Study of the Hidden Sexuality of the Human Yawn.

der Brucer

(Those intensely curious about the gay Ducks nasty habits can read about it HERE.)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #136 on: March 10, 2005, 06:06:36 PM »

...are we doing the subway while you are in NYC?    So far, my only booking is Saturday afternoon, and my dance card is waiting for a schedule.

Is the "Subway" a new Manhattan dance craze?

der Brucer

Ginny

« Reply #137 on: March 10, 2005, 06:23:46 PM »

There may be a few DRs who will find the Dolphin Stress Test helpful.

DR SWW - this was the perfect thing for me to send to our son, who is finishing his second quarter as a computer science major at the Univ. of Cincinnati and experiencing a lot of anxiety.  Thanks for sharing it.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #138 on: March 10, 2005, 06:29:10 PM »

Shouldn't that be... Mush Huskies???

8)

We knew a Siberian Husky named Mush.

You are spoiling those puppies.  :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: March 10, 2005, 06:37:35 PM »

Keep the home fries burning until my returning, oh my droogs.

François de Paris

« Reply #140 on: March 10, 2005, 06:41:27 PM »

London, England.

March 3rd 2005 (www.marypoppinsthemusical.com)
Press releases
On March 17th there will be two Mary Poppins in London when Julie Andrews comes to London especially to see the hit stage musical at the Prince Edward Theatre

On March 17th there will be two Mary Poppins in London, when Julie Andrews comes to London especially to see the hit stage musical at the Prince Edward Theatre and you could be there!

Cameron Mackintosh and Disney are delighted to announce a special charity Gala performance on March 17th of London’s latest smash hit musical MARY POPPINS to honour Julie Andrews who will be flying to London especially for the occasion.

There are a limited number of tickets available for this performance which can be purchased with the Box Office. Please call 0870 850 9193 or drop in to the Prince Edward today. Tickets are £100 per head, with all proceeds going to charity. Patrons must be seated by 7.15pm for a 7.30pm curtain. Dress is black tie.

This will be the first time Julie Andrews will have seen MARY POPPINS on stage. When the Walt Disney film was premiered, she won a Best Actress Oscar for her performance as the world’s most famous nanny and captured the hearts of audiences all over the world. Her visit also coincides with a special anniversary release of the Walt Disney film on DVD.

Forty years later the role of Mary Poppins has been triumphantly recreated on stage by Laura Michelle Kelly, who has just won the Olivier Award for Best Actress in a Musical. She stars with Gavin Lee as Bert and David Haig and Linzi Hately as Mr and Mrs Banks.

All proceeds from the performance will be donated by Cameron Mackintosh, Disney, and Delfont Mackintosh Theatres, to the children’s charity ARK; and to Operation USA, of which Julie Andrews is a trustee; and to LAMDA.

ARK is a charity which aims to transform the lives of children around the world often ’when the cameras leave’, focusing on projects such as orphans, education and HIV. The proceeds of the evening will help children in the tsunami region and other disaster areas.

NOTES
In 1993 Cameron Mackintosh persuaded Julie to make a return to Broadway, after a 30-year absence, in Stephen Sondheim’s PUTTING IT TOGETHER. In 1998 she came to London to host the all star Royal Gala HEY MR. PRODUCER at the Lyceum Theatre, a retrospective of Cameron Mackintosh’s musical theatre career to date.

On 7th March Disney will be releasing a special anniversary DVD of the film of Mary Poppins.

The original London cast recording from the stage show is released on 4th April.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jane

« Reply #141 on: March 10, 2005, 06:41:39 PM »

Ben I’m with you on Laurel and Hardy.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2005, 06:44:46 PM »

BK, send The Lovely Wife's and my B'day greetings to Ms. Deutsch.

I'm back up and running with speed.  WMKV is playing Cab Calloway singing Kicking the Gong Around...

Jane

« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2005, 06:55:10 PM »

Joey, welcome back and I’m glad the service and your visit went well.

Michael

« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2005, 06:55:43 PM »

Anyone in the LA area can tell about The Trap Door Ensemble (A Theater Company) and what kind of shows they put on and their quality? They are I believe in West Hollywood
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

« Reply #145 on: March 10, 2005, 06:55:58 PM »

Rodzinski, the Madonna Inn and Du-Pars, how nice. :D

SWW & Vixmom, women often take tours into the men’s room at the Madonna Inn.  I have also seen it.  ;D

Jane

« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2005, 07:03:03 PM »

DRLaura, as always-nice pics. :)

Michael

« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2005, 07:03:47 PM »

BK can you tell me about Sunny Spot Productions in NYC who produced the Elegies for Angels, Punks and Raging Queens concert that you recorded. Are they are a reliable company.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 07:05:39 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #148 on: March 10, 2005, 07:05:05 PM »

The reason why I am asking about the two companies above I am looking to submit my play and was wondering they are on the up and up.
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

« Reply #149 on: March 10, 2005, 07:17:06 PM »

Michael Shayne Good Vibes on your play.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up