Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: MORON DAY  (Read 4710 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: MORON DAY
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2019, 11:43:13 AM »

3hree!!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2019, 11:43:36 AM »

Well, I got the call.  I've been cast in [redacted]!  They don't want any announcements on social media until their official announcement, but since we're an onclave and oasis on the Interwebs, I figured that I could at least say that much.

;)

Congratulations.  I hope you are pleased with the part.

Jane

« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2019, 11:44:02 AM »

And I was not cast in the play that my friend is directing.  Oh, well.  I'll definitely have fun with the show that I was cast in!

Sorry for the first part, pleased with the second.  Fun is important.

ChasSmith

« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2019, 11:45:21 AM »

KISMET.....I like how all the men have to duck to get through the doors because they have these little towers on the top of their hats....I finally started to watch for it - that amused me for a lot of the running time.

I like Night of My Nights.....but not much else.

Sounds like it could be a drinking game...everytime someone ducks, you drink! ;D

Not one whole hour ago I was directed to this report of a real life ducking situation in NYC:
Condo owner busted for building ‘Being John Malkovich’-like 4th 1/2 floor
https://nypost.com/2019/08/16/condo-owner-busted-for-building-being-john-malkovich-like-4th-1-2-floor/

Here's a Google street view of the front of the building with the tell-tale air conditioners:
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7134631,-73.989247,3a,30y,345.26h,146.84t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s8-9BXdAAfmxQDwxytfPwJw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Jane

« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2019, 11:46:51 AM »

GETTING THE PART YOU WANT VIBES FOR DR GEORGE!

Thanks, Jane!  I'm at least in the show that I wanted. :)

:)

George

« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2019, 11:47:19 AM »

Well, I need to get out of bed, shower, get dressed, and hie myself to the Washington Center to participate in a volunteer training film!  We're supposed to bring our usher clothes (white shirt and black pants), as well as clothes to portray patrons.  Last night after the callbacks, I bought a couple of new shirts that will perfectly fit the bill.

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

ChasSmith

« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2019, 11:48:03 AM »

Stella tried to help me make tuna salad.  It was a disaster.  She and Thatch are now galloping all over the apartment and thankfully out of my hair while I have a tuna sandwich.

SPECIAL OF THE DAY
Tuna Salad Sandwiches ... Prepared and Served by Cats

Jane

« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2019, 11:48:51 AM »

KISMET.....I like how all the men have to duck to get through the doors because they have these little towers on the top of their hats....I finally started to watch for it - that amused me for a lot of the running time.

Sounds like it could be a drinking game...everytime someone ducks, you drink! ;D

Not one whole hour ago I was directed to this report of a real life ducking situation in NYC:
https://nypost.com/2019/08/16/condo-owner-busted-for-building-being-john-malkovich-like-4th-1-2-floor/

Here's a Google street view of the front of the building with the tell-tale air conditioners:
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7134631,-73.989247,3a,30y,345.26h,146.84t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s8-9BXdAAfmxQDwxytfPwJw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

:o :o :o

George

« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2019, 11:49:06 AM »

Well, I got the call.  I've been cast in [redacted]!  They don't want any announcements on social media until their official announcement, but since we're an onclave and oasis on the Interwebs, I figured that I could at least say that much.

;)

Congratulations.  I hope you are pleased with the part.

Thanks, again, Jane.  I've been in many ensembles, and many times they can be more fun than the leads because they have so much more to do!

Jane

« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2019, 11:49:12 AM »

Stella tried to help me make tuna salad.  It was a disaster.  She and Thatch are now galloping all over the apartment and thankfully out of my hair while I have a tuna sandwich.

SPECIAL OF THE DAY
Tuna Salad Sandwiches ... Prepared and Served by Cats

;D

George

« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2019, 11:49:28 AM »

And I was not cast in the play that my friend is directing.  Oh, well.  I'll definitely have fun with the show that I was cast in!

Sorry for the first part, pleased with the second.  Fun is important.

Definitely!

George

« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2019, 11:52:19 AM »

Oh, my goodness! :o

George

« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2019, 11:53:07 AM »

And on that note (C-natural), I'm off!

Be back later!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2019, 12:18:32 PM »

Congratulations, George, on getting the part.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2019, 12:57:53 PM »

I’m waiting for Blinded by the Light. Mine was one of three tickets sold. It sort of feels like high school where I was often the only person in the theater.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2019, 03:00:58 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2019, 03:01:51 PM »

Congrats to DR George on his new role in [redacted]!

Vibes you have a good time in it.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2019, 03:05:17 PM »

I've never heard of anything like this here in LA, though it probably exists, but I've heard of it many times in NY. My favorite story was the guy who rents what was basically a crawl space in a legitmate theater. No bathroom--he had to use the one that others, who were also renting "non-traditional" spaces in the building, used. No kitchen. No windows. Ugh.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2019, 03:06:54 PM »

When the housing authority evicts you where do you go? It's not like it's easy to find housing.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2019, 03:12:05 PM »

The Powers That Be here are allowing a developer to put 8 units onto a lot that had a moderately-sized single-family home. It's down the street from me. It's five stories, taller than anything nearby. The Powers That Be think this is the answer to our housing problems, but I disagree. The developers only want to build "luxury" homes, because it's more profitable. Many of us don't care about the so-called luxury features, nor do we want to pay those prices. The answer to affordable housing isn't creating more luxury housing.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2019, 03:14:39 PM »

I once had a bug problem. I put down boric acid powder and it solved the problem quickly. I was told it was pet-safe and there was no problem with the cats.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2019, 03:16:32 PM »

DR Ginny, I suspect you can put a dent in your blockage problem before your next test.

Vibes for calmness, courage, and self-discipline!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2019, 03:18:39 PM »

Vibes for the residents of Larry's building and a pox on the landlord and managers.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2019, 03:19:03 PM »

TTFN.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2019, 03:23:18 PM »

Vibes for the residents of Larry's building and a pox on the landlord and managers.

DITTO!

Jane

« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2019, 03:24:48 PM »

We stopped at the market after our walk around Fort Vancouver & to the growers market.  Keith picked up a salad at the deli counter.  At home he read the ingredients and was shocked to find out it isn't vegetarian.  Apparently the salad contains pasteurized cow.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2019, 03:30:53 PM »

I found acceptable macadamia nuts.  They don't carry the ones I like and until today I only saw pieces of macadamia nuts in bags. Today I found whole ones.  I used to buy the Mauna Loa ones in a jar.  I just went to their site & I think the jars are no longer.

I used to occasionally treat myself to the nuts as they are on the fattening side.  Right now that is a good thing :)

John G.

« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2019, 04:06:30 PM »

Costco is great for macadamia nuts. Healthy fat.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2019, 04:09:36 PM »

There were about eight people in the theater. Film was fine for those who enjoyed Bend It Like Beckham, which I did.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2019, 04:18:00 PM »

Thanks.  It was a real mess this morning.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up