Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FIRST PREVIEW CAME TO DINNER  (Read 3729 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE FIRST PREVIEW CAME TO DINNER
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2019, 07:44:25 AM »

DR Jane wrote:
I am surprised you need to wear boots for that small amount of snow.  Is it for traction?

I would not go outside in shoes if there is any snow on the streets. I don't want to kill myself. I walk through parking lots and on the streets. IT would not be very safe even with 3+ cms.

For traction then.  I have shoes that have excellent traction.  The only boots I have are for hiking and I don't know that they would be better in the snow than my  my old
 Mephisto shoes.  Whare the boots that you wear?

Jane

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2019, 07:45:43 AM »

VIBES FOR NICKY!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2019, 08:02:55 AM »

Additional vibes for Nicky The Cat.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2019, 08:25:16 AM »

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2019, 08:53:15 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Another day of puttering for me.  Richard and I switched our everyday dishes for our Christmas dishes first thing this morning and I'm running the dishwasher for the third time in 12 hours.  Seems like we just put those holly dishes away!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2019, 09:03:04 AM »

This afternoon I'm going for the haircut that was supposed to happen the morning we left for Illinois.  Tina wrote it in her book for an hour later than we'd agreed by text and I couldn't wait that long before our 6-hour drive.  She's going to try not charge me today, but I'm not going to let her do that.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2019, 09:09:17 AM »

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2019, 09:09:35 AM »

DR TCB, last night, when you were wondering if I was out with the girls, I was actually in our family room watching the lighting of the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree with Richard. 

Ginny

ChasSmith

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2019, 10:13:45 AM »

Likewise, huge vibes for Nicky from me.

ChasSmith

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2019, 10:21:31 AM »

Just received a wonderful Creature perk from BK:  a 40-bar handwritten cue, in full score, by Ronald Stein, for the film DEMENTIA 13. The pencil manuscript is a thing of beauty. I should try to scan a sample page. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2019, 10:29:49 AM »

Just received a wonderful Creature perk from BK:  a 40-bar handwritten cue, in full score, by Ronald Stein, for the film DEMENTIA 13. The pencil manuscript is a thing of beauty. I should try to scan a sample page. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Nice!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2019, 11:00:48 AM »

DR Jane wrote:
I am surprised you need to wear boots for that small amount of snow.  Is it for traction?

I would not go outside in shoes if there is any snow on the streets. I don't want to kill myself. I walk through parking lots and on the streets. IT would not be very safe even with 3+ cms.

For traction then.  I have shoes that have excellent traction.  The only boots I have are for hiking and I don't know that they would be better in the snow than my  my old

Not sure what brand they are.  I guess with the amount of snow and ice that we get it is just not feasible to wear shoes in the winter. I can't even imagine wearing shoes even if they had good traction. I would take one step and my socks would be soaked. :)

ChasSmith

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2019, 11:04:24 AM »

Well, it was not to be. It's one of those weird days when I get:

"Your attachment has failed security checks and cannot be uploaded. Please consult the forum administrator."

It's just a 113 KB jpeg. I've had this happen before and I have no idea how or whether I ever resolved it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2019, 11:15:39 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - almost eight hours of sleep.

ChasSmith

« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2019, 11:59:26 AM »

In other news, I got asked to substitute for a friend playing a memorial service tomorrow morning. Which I can do.

And then I look at my email to find that a distant cousin’s son has just lost his battle with the brain tumor that made itself known several months back. I didn’t really know him, but I had enjoyed being around him when visiting others in West Virginia.

George

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2019, 01:31:03 PM »

"Your attachment has failed security checks and cannot be uploaded. Please consult the forum administrator."

It's just a 113 KB jpeg. I've had this happen before and I have no idea how or whether I ever resolved it.

You were uploading a picture here?  I've never seen that message.  Have you tried uploading it again?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2019, 01:31:45 PM »

In other news, I got asked to substitute for a friend playing a memorial service tomorrow morning. Which I can do.

And then I look at my email to find that a distant cousin’s son has just lost his battle with the brain tumor that made itself known several months back. I didn’t really know him, but I had enjoyed being around him when visiting others in West Virginia.

Oh, no.  ChasSmith, my condolences to you and his family. :(

ChasSmith

« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2019, 01:37:25 PM »

You were uploading a picture here?  I've never seen that message.  Have you tried uploading it again?

Yes, a few times, by renaming the file, using different browsers, etc. I can upload other images okay, so there's just something about this one -- which, oddly, I scanned in two sections and stitched together, then shrunk to make it the right size, all of which I've done many times before. I wonder what kind of "security" is being looked at, and how one file triggers the warning and others don't.

ChasSmith

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2019, 01:39:44 PM »

Anyhoo, time to get ready to play a show for a preview audience!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2019, 01:39:44 PM »

Back from some matzoh ball soup and picking up some packages - more screeners.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2019, 01:59:05 PM »

Condolences to DR CHAS SMITH.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2019, 02:11:30 PM »

DR ChasSmith, my condolences on the loss in your family.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2019, 02:12:38 PM »

I have been lethargic all day.  If this is going to be the fallout of this new pain killer, I'd prefer to be in pain.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2019, 02:13:00 PM »

Anyhoo, time to get ready to play a show for a preview audience!

Break a leg!

youngreps@sbcglobal.net

• Empty nester banned from Costco.
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2019, 03:20:20 PM »

Condolences to DR CHAS SMITH.  Good vibes for Vicky.

I have a miserable cold, many in the Man Dinner cast have been battling colds.  Despite copious doses of Sambucol, Vitamin C, fluids,  it's stubbornly there.  I stayed in bed today and had a lot of chicken broth.  3 Advils and a Sudafed and I should be ok for tonight. 
Leslie

Jane

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2019, 03:25:18 PM »

This afternoon I'm going for the haircut that was supposed to happen the morning we left for Illinois.  Tina wrote it in her book for an hour later than we'd agreed by text and I couldn't wait that long before our 6-hour drive.  She's going to try not charge me today, but I'm not going to let her do that.

Or you will be giving a very large tip ;)  Speaking of tips.... I only go to the hairdressing once every 2 or 3 months with an occasional bang trip in-between.  I read different suggestions of what to tip. 

This is directed to everyone, how do you figure your tip?

Jane

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2019, 03:26:21 PM »

DR Jane wrote:

Not sure what brand they are.  I guess with the amount of snow and ice that we get it is just not feasible to wear shoes in the winter. I can't even imagine wearing shoes even if they had good traction. I would take one step and my socks would be soaked. :)

What are they, tennis shoes?

Jane

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2019, 03:27:22 PM »

That is sad even if you didn't know him well :(

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2019, 03:37:30 PM »

Condolences for ChasSmith.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up