Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS  (Read 13692 times)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:BREAKING NEWS
« Reply #150 on: March 23, 2005, 07:57:00 PM »

It bears a certain frightening resemblance to Alf, if you ask me.  :)

Good call, JMK!!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #151 on: March 23, 2005, 07:57:45 PM »

Sing a song of Page 6, a pocket full of rye.

MBarnum

« Reply #152 on: March 23, 2005, 07:58:16 PM »

Oh, my gosh JRand54, you were so right about the preview for next weeks TAR! Geez! And to see my favorite player with her face a bloody...I was pretty horrified!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2005, 08:03:39 PM »

This is kinda smarmy, and not for the youngsters, but has anyone heard this tape of (allegedly) Pat "The Insider" O'Brien, Captain Smarm himself,  repeatedly calling some girl's answering maching and delivering a series of monologues most foul? It's nutty. He has coincidentally checked himself into rehab. Memo to all: do not, in the age of the internet, ever leave any kind of message on someone's voicemail that could ever come back to haunt you.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: March 23, 2005, 08:19:15 PM »

This is kinda smarmy, and not for the youngsters, but has anyone heard this tape of (allegedly) Pat "The Insider" O'Brien, Captain Smarm himself,  repeatedly calling some girl's answering maching and delivering a series of monologues most foul? It's nutty. He has coincidentally checked himself into rehab. Memo to all: do not, in the age of the internet, ever leave any kind of message on someone's voicemail that could ever come back to haunt you.

I would never do that.  I would send email.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jed

« Reply #155 on: March 23, 2005, 08:33:41 PM »

Don't I know it! ;)  :o ;D
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #156 on: March 23, 2005, 08:37:14 PM »

You have!

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #157 on: March 23, 2005, 08:38:58 PM »

I actually watched eight of the performances back on IDOL tonight (recorded since I was watching ALIAS live). I still think last night's show was one of the best this season. With only a couple of exceptions, everyone was on his game and did well with the material at hand.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: March 23, 2005, 08:39:26 PM »

I just saw the Cat and the Fiddle thing, but I think I'm too zonked to go over there.  I was quite lively until about seven-thirty.  I'll just settle these old bones into the Jacuzzi, I think.

Matt H.

« Reply #159 on: March 23, 2005, 08:40:44 PM »

And I still didn't get to MEDIUM or DEADWOOD today. Thanks for the warning, DR Jane. I noticed that MEDIUM's rating Monday night was the lowest rating for a new episode since it's started. However, in its defense, the ratings for all network shows were down on Monday night.

Matt H.

« Reply #160 on: March 23, 2005, 08:42:23 PM »

Just like last night, by an hour and a half into the voting, no one had a busy signal. I will say, though, that Carrie's busy signal lasted longer than Bo's, Anthonys, and Anwar's. Actually, Scott's busy signal seemed to last longer than Bo's which really surprised me.

Of course, mine are purely unscientific surveys, but there you go.

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: March 23, 2005, 08:44:27 PM »

They're predicting spring like weather for the rest of the week. Cold weather doesn't return until Sunday (if they're accurate).

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #162 on: March 23, 2005, 08:53:31 PM »

Good Evening!

It's rainy, snowy, slushy, and just plain ugly in some areas of the Big Apple tonight.  -DR Danise - I don't think you would want to see New York in this kind of snow.  It's days like this that give New York City a bad name.

I've been in the City before when it has snowed...  I was kind of surprised that the Subway workers hadn't started treated the stairs into the Subway by the time I left the show.  Lots of ice and slush caked on the stairs.  A bit treacherous.

As for tonight's show...  Penny and I had a good show... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #163 on: March 23, 2005, 08:55:46 PM »

DR Danise - Thanks for posting the pics!  Come back to NYC and bring back that Florida weather with you!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #164 on: March 23, 2005, 08:56:14 PM »

Here the snow seems to have stopped, but it has left a bit on the ground. To this I say, "Boo".

For the Birthday, the gal got me two new PEANUTS books. These two gorgeous new volumes of the earliest ones. 1950-52 is one and 1953-56 is the other. I would have loved the chance to speak with Schulz about the evolution of these characters.
The earliest ones feature just Charlie Brown, Shermy and Patty, and of course the little pup version of Snoopy. Violet then comes as a new girl in town. CB is younger than the other three and can't even read at first.
Just got to the first appearance of Schroeder, who shows up as an infant.
CB is a bit different, a bit of a wise guy who is just developing his loser persona. Violet and Patty are sometimes fighting over him. Great stuff.

As my kid sister's doll, "Drowsy", used to say, "I go sleep now. Night night."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #165 on: March 23, 2005, 08:56:54 PM »

I just got a spam that said, LOSE UNWANTED FLAB INSTANTLY!

Hell, I already did that -- when I got divorced.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: March 23, 2005, 09:00:06 PM »

I've heard about the tapes, but not heard them.  First Bill O'Reilly, now Pat O'Brien.  Who's next?  Bob Goen?  Or is it a Irish thing?

-Please, no letters.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #167 on: March 23, 2005, 09:12:10 PM »

Do you guys think the first act of INTO THE WOODS is appropriate for a 4 yr old boy?  What about the Cathy Rigby PETER PAN?  He loves cartoon videos, so I'm not sure if he will like either of the above.  But I was told I need to get better viewing material for Thursday's babysitting (as opposed to last night where all I had was ALLADIN & STUART LITTLE).
Try the anime section of Kill Bill, Volume 1.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #168 on: March 23, 2005, 09:19:45 PM »

The Gal was in a Peter Pan when she was little in Gilroy, Calif. There were like 200 kids in this thing, and a lot of money was donated to get the flying apparatus, but they either couldn't use it or weren't allowed to. Still, they wanted to add that extra special something to make the show spectacular, so a live pig was added to the cast.
Do the people of Gilroy understand that garlic powder is not an acceptable substitute for pixie dust?

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #169 on: March 23, 2005, 09:59:38 PM »

THE GOOD SAD, REDUX...

In our last episode, der B and I returned from upstate Delaware, where we had left little Benny with his new family.  And we thought all was well.

Wrong.

The following evening, we got a call from the Mother.  Aparently, little Benny (now little Baxter) had blood in his stool.  Mother was very concerned, and needed help.

With a severe case of butterflies in our stomachs, we drove back up to Dover, where we met Mom and retrieved little Baxter...Benny...uh, the pup.  Mom's problems included not being able to afford big vets bills, not being able to take time off from work to take the pup to the vet, and having a very distraught Daughter to deal with as well.  Der B and I promised to do everything we could to make sure the pup pulled through.

Our biggest fear was Parvo.  We lost a pup ourselves because of this nasty disease.  But Benny/Bax, upon being picked up by us, showed no signs of the lethargy we associate with Parvo.  In fact, he was quite happy to see us.  When we got him home, we put him in the crate, just in case, but that didn't last very long, what with the upset noises he made.

I ended up with Benny/Bax in my bed for the night, which included hunting him down when I realized that he'd slipped away.  He'd gone into the bathroom to poop (sensible pup), which I scooped into a baggie to show to the vet.  There was no blood in the stool.

We weren't able to get Benny/Bax to see Dr. Chris directly, but were able to drop off the stool sample for him to check.  Meanwhile, B/B was back to happily wrastling with his brother and with Uncle Fletcher.

Der Brucer got on the phone, to find out what else might have happened.  Mom confirmed that she had put B/B in their own crate for the day, which B/B hadn't appreciated.  Der B then contacted Dr. Chris again, and confirmed a theory: what B/B had faced was a very stressful situation, much like any young kid faces on their first overnight camping trip away from home.  And, like any young kid, B/B had suffered from diarrhea, which in turn had caused the bloody stool.

We ended up keeping B/B for an extra night, in case Dr. Chris came up with anything else from the stool samples.  Nothing turned up.

So we drove back up to Dover this evening, to meet with Mom and Daughter.  Daughter was particularly happy to get little Baxter back in her arms, and little Baxter was wagging his tail the moment he saw her.  She thanked us both for having helped make him well again.

So, once again, we drove home with one less pup.  And once again, that sadness mixed with happiness flooded over me.  Der Brucer likened it to what we mean by "a good cry," that strange mixture of feelings for which we don't have a single word.  The Germans probably have a word for it, but they make portmanteaus out of everything.

There was one catch.  Peggy, the pup's mother, was in the back seat of the car on this trip.  But thats another story.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #170 on: March 23, 2005, 10:14:01 PM »

Peggy has turned into a problem.  

Yesterday, after taking one trip to deliver the stool (and taking Benny/Bax, Baxter, and Peggy with us on that trip), der Brucer decided we should take the other four dogs with us to the beach.  Marty, Mikey, Bonnie and Buster hadn't been for a special trip for a while, and we figured it was their turn.

We loaded those four into the car, and Fletcher too because he was insistant.  Well, he really forced his way out of the house, but got into the car immediately instead of insisting on our chasing him all over the neighborhood.  So with five dogs in the car we went first to the gas station.  After filling up, der Brucer looked at me and commented on how he had forgotten the camera.  Back we went to the house, and der B took Fletcher inside in exchange for the camera.  (Fletcher had had his beach trip earlier, with Peggy and the pups.)

Because of how our street is set up, it was easier this time to leave by heading to the end of the street and turning around at the cul-de-sac.  It was sort of a good thing that we did that, too, because when we were passing by our house again, Peggy was in our front yard!  She had found a way to climb up and over the fence.  She wanted to go with us!

I ended up carrying Peggy back into the house, and we blocked the doggy door so she couldn't get out again.

Der Brucer will post a pic or two of the beach trip later.

Everyone had a good time at the beach, and got back to the house happy as hounds.  But der Brucer and I had another trip to take, errands to run, and, after reopening the doggy door started to drive off again.

This time I watched as Peggy scaled the fence again.  

I carried her back inside again.  The doggy door was closed again.

So, now that Peggy knows how to climb over the fence, it seems we cannot trust her not to try every time she is loose in the back yard.  We're only able to let her out if we're with her, connected by a leash.

This story, unfortunately, gets a "To Be Continued..." logo for now.   :P

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #171 on: March 23, 2005, 10:19:34 PM »

Well... I really do want to get up before Noon tomorrow, so...

-Although, if the accumulation keeps accumulating, then...

Ah, well...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #172 on: March 23, 2005, 10:27:29 PM »

Well, BK, you missed spending time with four cute little Southern Belles from South Carolina.  Oh, well, they were probably all wearng thongs anyway.  But no tattoos or piercings.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: March 23, 2005, 10:31:48 PM »

Serves me right for being zonked.  Damn!  Double damn!  Southern belles.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: March 23, 2005, 10:33:08 PM »

Pogue, check your e-mail.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: March 23, 2005, 11:28:11 PM »

No posts in an hour?  Excuse me, but I think I'd just better get out the bitch-slap machine.  Is everyone having a colonoscopy?  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: March 23, 2005, 11:28:52 PM »

I'll forego the colonoscopy and have some pudding with whipped cream.  Only one hundred calories and zero fat grams.  What do you think of that?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #177 on: March 23, 2005, 11:40:51 PM »

I had dinner at my parents' house (sloppy joe-like stuff...I don't know exactly what it was, but it was pretty good) and my mom made Jell-O® with canned tangerine slices.  It was quite tasty.  I brought some Schwann's frozen peanut butter and chocolate chunk cookie dough.  We baked some of the dough and had fresh and hot from the oven cookies.  These were much, much, much (that's three muches) better than the Jell-O® (even though it was quite tasty).  Each cookie (let me say that again), EACH cookie was 190 calories!  But worth every calorie! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: March 23, 2005, 11:57:05 PM »

Has Ann caught up?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up