And one for Mahler.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:PERKY
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2005, 11:07:04 AM »

Holy moley on rye - page three!

That calls for a NOMENCLATURE!

My favorite leading ladies and gentlemen from the Golden Age of TV are, Hugh Beaumont and Barbara Billingsley (so nice), Peter Lawford and Phyllis Kirk (so witty), Richard Denning and Barbara Britton (so clever), Raymond Burr (so good at his job), James Garner (so cocky and urbane), Lucy and Desi (so funny),  Guy Williams (so dashing), and Jack Benny, Danny Kaye, Connie Stevens, Bob Denver, Ward Bond, Clints Eastwood and Walker, Ann Southern, Eve Arden, and on and on.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2005, 11:20:40 AM »

Why is everybody sitting there like so much fish?  I see more blue in the sky and the sun is once again trying to make its presence known.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2005, 11:21:15 AM »

JRand I don’t believe my mother ever had a pajama party.  Come to think of it, neither did I.

MBarnum I think you should experience someplace besides LA.  There are so many nicer places to visit.

Jed how is your job going?  

George old family pictures are fun.  The other day we found one of me with extremely long and beautiful hair.  

The floor repair guy forgot to come this morning-really messed up my day.  Now I’m off to do errands,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2005, 11:23:56 AM »

How could I forget television's Nick and Nora - so sophisticated.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2005, 11:30:09 AM »

Nice turkey pictures Jane..we just get a lot of sparrows, redwinged blackbirds, pigeons, mockingbirds, the occasional cardinal  and the occasional blue jay and lots of seagulls!!   Oh and we have a couple of red headed woodpeckers.  Lots of gray squirrels, the occasional black squirrel. A raccoon or a possum  will wander through occasionally and of course there are always stray cats
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2005, 11:31:02 AM »

Dear Rodzinski welcome to the rarified atmosphere of HHW godhood!!

vixmom

« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2005, 11:32:27 AM »

TOD

James Garner
 and
Lucille Ball
are the only two I can think of now...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2005, 11:40:41 AM »

Oviously vixmom has not caught up or she'd know that a splendidly splendid photograph was posted of the delightfully delightful bear.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2005, 11:43:49 AM »

Five hours and fifteen minutes until chat!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2005, 11:51:50 AM »

Today in NYC is heavily rainy.

vixmom

« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2005, 11:58:24 AM »

Guess what, guess what?!

On ebay I FOUND not one but TWO   1995 Ford Taurus retractable cargo covers , color grey

I am SO excited!!!!  ;D

I am currently high bidder on both.... ::)

Please send me vibes to win ONE and at a reasonable cost!!  (Then I can change my message)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 11:59:30 AM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2005, 12:00:31 PM »

Oviously vixmom has not caught up or she'd know that a splendidly splendid photograph was posted of the delightfully delightful bear.

OH!! When?

vixmom

« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2005, 12:03:07 PM »

Today in NYC is heavily rainy.

"It's true there were dark storm clouds, heavy, black and pendulous"

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2005, 12:11:39 PM »

Nomenclature is an island.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2005, 12:14:47 PM »

On this day, in 1897, Victor Mills was born.  He later invented Pampers disposable diapers.  Whether this was a good thing or not depends on where you sit.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2005, 12:17:18 PM »

And a doff of the hat to Leo G. Carroll, for both Topper and the U.N.C.L.E. stuff.

vixmom

« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2005, 12:22:40 PM »

Five hours and fifteen minutes until chat!
Darn! Darn! Darn! (a Munsters reference)

I will be at a memorial service for my friend's dad, so I will not be attending the chat

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2005, 12:23:28 PM »

Bear photograph was posted on Easter Sunday.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2005, 12:26:48 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good ebay vibes for VIXMOM.

Ginny

« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2005, 12:33:11 PM »

Very rainy here in SW Ohio today, too.  I was pretty sick all weekend, but I think I'm on the road to recovery and looking forward to my first live chat this evening.

DR's Ben and Rodzinski - thanks for the insights about Daniel Davis and La Cage.  I'm glad niece Laura and I went to see it the Saturday afternoon we were in the city.  I remember thinking it was odd, when they did the Broadway Cares fundraising after the curtain call, it was Bryan Batt (the understudy for Albin) and Michael Mulheren (Edouard Dindon) who did the spiel.  Wondered where Georges was for that...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 12:34:04 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2005, 12:46:52 PM »

There are 8 of us DRs sitting here like so much fish!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2005, 01:05:41 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?  This day cannot make up its mind.  It's overcast, then the sun will peep through, then it's overcast, then there'll be a patch of blue in the sky, then it's overcast.

It's been the same way here all day. Started out with bright sunshine and blue skies. By midmorning, it had clouded over and looked like rain. By noon, the blue sky was back with nice puffy clouds. As I type here at 4:07, it's as gray as can be. Hasn't gotten out of the 50s.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2005, 01:09:11 PM »

Enjoyed the first 8 episodes from the season 2 set of GREEN ACRES. It was in episode 2 of the second season that they began the running gag of the actors seeing and being confused by the credits that were running over their action. They are totally silly, ridiculous plots, but that's the fun. It's so outrageous and unbelievable that it makes THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES seem realistic.

Matt H.

« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2005, 01:10:22 PM »

I saw about half of last night's DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES before coming upstairs to do my afternoon web surf. I have it to finish and last night's DEADWOOD to watch at some point soon.

I still should have no trouble attenind chat tonight.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2005, 01:11:53 PM »

Just sitting around, trying to find interesting things... :-\

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2005, 01:26:04 PM »

I've been reading Ethan Mordden's Happiest Corpse I've Ever Seen, covering the last 25 years of Broadway history.  I'll let others vent on how accurate it is.  What amazes/amuses me is the reviews posted over at Amazon; I was expecting a cover-to-cover right wing diatribe from the write-ups Mordden has received.  Instead I'm finding those reviews to be a total misrepresentation of his work (with the exception of a letter written by someone I consider a friend, but that letter is about accuracy in reporting and is very politely stated).

Mordden's basic thesis is that Broadway is going downhill because the audiences are becoming too lazy to listen and think.  Personally, I think that is true not just of theater, but of a large percentage of the arts.  It's not an encouraging prospect.

Exactly how I'm going to get der Brucer to read the tome himself, instead of jumping to all sorts of conclusions based on the snippets I've been reading to him...well, I haven't figured out hot to handle that challenge.

Jennifer

« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2005, 01:26:22 PM »

Happy day after Easter everyone!

Totally exhausting weekend.  Kids will do that to you.  The kids (4 and 9) stayed at my sister (and her husband's house) this weekend (along with their parents (the kids' mom is my sister's husband's sister).  Anyhow Easter Egg day (as the 4 yr old boy calls it) went very well.

On Saturday I was telling the 4 yr old that he had to go to a birthday party the next day.  He looked at me and proclaimed, "but how can he have a birthday on easter egg day?".  So cute!

Yesterday we all went to see MISS CONGENIALITY 2 (which i thought was very funny and much better than the reviews) and while the 4 yr old and I were alone he told me "do not talk to me" :(

He was holding a grudge from the day before when he was talking about "Juan" in HARRY POTTER and I could understand him (he was saying Ron).

Afterwards he proclaimed that I was "mean". :(

I asked if there was anything I could do to make him not mad at me and told me "no". :(

But luckily he forgot about it all that night.  And then last night he finally forgave me and we played games. Yeah. :(

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2005, 01:31:03 PM »

Finally got my new shipment of Nudie Musical DVDs, which Image has been out of for at least three months, and hence the DVD has been impossible to find at amazon or anywhere else.  As they said, this new pressing does not include the CD, so those that bought the first pressing now have a rarity.

Ginny

« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2005, 01:44:46 PM »

Wonder of wonders, Miracle of miracles, the sun is finally out here in SW Ohio  8)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up