Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: WALTZING INTO APRIL  (Read 24854 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:WALTZING INTO APRIL
« Reply #210 on: March 31, 2005, 06:43:08 PM »

When I came home, I had a package from DR George waiting for me!  Such excitement!  I can not thank you enough for the CD’s!   I love them all but confess to being especially fond of two of them.   ;) Can’t WAIT to listen to them.

I'm so happy that you liked them...I knew that you would! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #211 on: March 31, 2005, 06:48:31 PM »

I just registered for our local MS walk.  My hair dresser and her sister both have MS and organize it so I register under their team, Chillin’ with the Sistas.  This year I’m also walking in memory of a kind, gentle woman this world needs more of.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #212 on: March 31, 2005, 06:49:05 PM »

I had a good night shopping for music. I had to go buy a Gwen Stefani CD for the Gal because I lost our annual Oscar Prediction Battle. SO, I eased the pain of that by buying a nice Roger Miller collection for myself. He's one of those artists who is hard to find all the hits in one place, but I found a decent set that sounds pretty good. The guy doesn't have many songs longer than 2 minutes.
I also found a good 50s compilation LP with some rare hits on it, and for 99 cents I found an odd 45 by Michelle Lee called "L. David Sloane". Who knew?
Finally an eclectic 8-CD box set of 70s music hits from England. The collection is from England, that is, but it has US and British artists, a real eclectic mix of stuff. They don't separate soul from disco from new wave from MOR. I love it!

Danise

« Reply #213 on: March 31, 2005, 06:49:51 PM »

Ten O'clock, yikes!  Past my bedtime.  I feel like I never keep up with the posts I want to comment on or start comments I want to make.

I hope your headache is better, DR Elmore.

I feel both sad and relived about Terry Schiavo.  I’m sad about her death but relived that her suffering is at long last over.  I understand about the right to die and I’m sure most of us do not want to be tied up to machine to keep us alive.  But I have to wonder, how many of us want to be starved to death?   Starving her was a horrible thing to do.  

I find I can't agree that it was right in any way, shape or form.  We show more compassion to an animal that is suffering.  We don't starve them, we give them a shot.

At least she finely is a peace.  I only hope that some good can come from this and people will make their wishes known before hand.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #214 on: March 31, 2005, 06:49:56 PM »

Page 8 dance is The C.C.
Cinnamon Cinder

(It's a very nice dance.)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #215 on: March 31, 2005, 06:50:26 PM »

I also proudly displayed my BK gift.  You know, after looking at it in different lights and at different angles, I could almost swear it looks like a major religious icon.  Which One, has yet to be determined, (Note to self, I need to check which is the hottest selling) but I feel that it IS possible…..  

Not that I would part with such a treasure for ANY amount (Thought to self: Well, you do need to put up a privacy fence and you did want that note book computer….ah, hem)!

Soooo I just want to make it clear to anyone who happens to be cruising E-bay, if you happen to see a wrapper up for bid, no matter what religious icon it looks like, it is NOT mine!  ;) :D ;)

I was also told (once again) that it was very quiet the whole time I was away.  Funny, it’s never very quiet when I’m there.  I just don’t understand.  

LOL!! I am so sorry that we didn't get more time together.   Next time I shall have to leave the DH to babysit and come and hang with you on the city!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #216 on: March 31, 2005, 06:51:05 PM »

Chillin With the Sistas! You go girl!!!

Danise

« Reply #217 on: March 31, 2005, 06:51:24 PM »

It has been the same way for me when I have met other DR’s.    Just wait until we meet in person!

;D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

vixmom

« Reply #218 on: March 31, 2005, 06:52:02 PM »

Page 8 dance is The C.C.
Cinnamon Cinder

(It's a very nice dance.)

But is it a waltz... you know I very particular about my waltzes.....

Danise

« Reply #219 on: March 31, 2005, 06:52:30 PM »

LOL!! I am so sorry that we didn't get more time together.   Next time I shall have to leave the DH to babysit and come and hang with you on the city!

You got it, girlfriend!   8)

We may even have to go that American Girl store (we won't tell the Vixter!)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #220 on: March 31, 2005, 06:54:16 PM »

I find I can't agree that it was right in any way, shape or form.  We show more compassion to an animal that is suffering.  We don't starve them, we give them a shot.

Does that you mean support Dr. assisted suicide, or in cases like this, Dr. supported euthanasia?
(I do)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Danise

« Reply #221 on: March 31, 2005, 06:54:17 PM »

I'm so happy that you liked them...I knew that you would! ;D

They are going with me to work tomorrow!  Thank you again!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

vixmom

« Reply #222 on: March 31, 2005, 06:58:31 PM »

Congratulations on the Lil Abner DVD  BK... I thought it wasn't being released until April 19?

vixmom

« Reply #223 on: March 31, 2005, 06:59:25 PM »

I'll take you wherever you want to go!!

Danise

« Reply #224 on: March 31, 2005, 07:00:53 PM »

Does that you mean support Dr. assisted suicide, or in cases like this, Dr. supported euthanasia?
(I do)

der Brucer

If I want a shot instead of being starved, I think that wish should be respected.  If Terry said she didn't want to be kept alive by other means, I'm almost certain the thought wasn't expanded to think what that would mean, i.e. starvation.

All of the choices should be explored--a causal, "Oh, I don't want to kept alive that way" isn't enough.

I think that perhaps at some point in a persons life, they should sit down and really give it some thought then get those wishes down on paper and witnessed.  I know it's hard to think of ones death but it has to be dealt with.

No different then going ahead and buying your gravesite, etc.  It's not gross, it's just practical.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

vixmom

« Reply #225 on: March 31, 2005, 07:02:02 PM »

Anybody heard anything else new on the Pope's health?  I heard on NPR a few hours ago that he was on a nasal feeding tube (as opposed to the surgically placed one TS had) and that he was having difficulty breathing (no ord on whether he had been put on a ventilator) and that he had been given Last Rites....

Danise

« Reply #226 on: March 31, 2005, 07:02:09 PM »

I'll take you wherever you want to go!!

I'll be rich by then (after the selling of a certain object, say no more) and will have Bonnie flown in.  We'll take her!   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #227 on: March 31, 2005, 07:04:50 PM »

Anybody heard anything else new on the Pope's health?  I heard on NPR a few hours ago that he was on a nasal feeding tube (as opposed to the surgically placed one TS had) and that he was having difficulty breathing (no ord on whether he had been put on a ventilator) and that he had been given Last Rites....

I didn't hear about the Last Rites.  Poor old guy.  I may not agree with him but I do respect him.  He has a lot of weight on his shoulders.  I hope he gets well.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #228 on: March 31, 2005, 07:05:23 PM »

We are going to watch THE FORGOTTEN.  Has anyone seen SEAN OF THE DEAD?  We also have that to watch.  Can you tell Keith chose these movies? ;D

vixmom

« Reply #229 on: March 31, 2005, 07:05:40 PM »

ANN!! Wonderful news!! See Jane's vibes ARE powerful... I am feeling much better and you are making money!

I shalll have to have a bowl of ice cream in honor of your birthday... Breyers Coffee I think, with maybe a tiny scoop of double Vanilla on the side...

Danise

« Reply #230 on: March 31, 2005, 07:07:16 PM »

I have GOT to go now.  Have a good evening all!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #231 on: March 31, 2005, 07:07:20 PM »

I want to go too!! :)

vixmom

« Reply #232 on: March 31, 2005, 07:08:03 PM »

I'll be rich by then (after the selling of a certain object, say no more) and will have Bonnie flown in.  We'll take her!   :)

I drive in and out of the city because I hate having to wait for the LIRR ... but getting aroud IN the city I find faster by foot or subway than car most days!

vixmom

« Reply #233 on: March 31, 2005, 07:08:48 PM »

I want to go too!! :)

This October? Girls day out?

DERBRUCER

« Reply #234 on: March 31, 2005, 07:14:45 PM »

I didn't hear about the Last Rites.  

The Roman Catholic church no longer reserves "last rites" for the terminal ill. The sacrament is used more liberally - before surgury, etc.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #235 on: March 31, 2005, 07:19:17 PM »

If I want a shot instead of being starved, I think that wish should be respected.  

Agreed - but that is Dr. assisted suicide and is presently illegal in 49 states and is being litigated in Oregon. The "Capital R" Religious community does not want us peons controlling our own destiny - if their God wants us to suffer, then suffer we must.

der Brucer (Remember the Inquisition when Saintly folks tortured others for the "sake of their immortal souls".)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #236 on: March 31, 2005, 07:27:35 PM »

The Roman Catholic church no longer reserves "last rites" for the terminal ill. The sacrament is used more liberally - before surgury, etc.

der Brucer

More from the AP:

'Last Rites' Not Always Sign of Death

Thursday, March 31, 2005

A look at the anointing of the sick, one of Roman Catholicism's seven sacraments:

The anointing of the sick is often misunderstood as signaling that a patient is about to die. That's because of its popular nickname — "last rites."

The ritual is performed to confer divine strength, peace, courage and forgiveness of sins, not only on a Catholic near death but also to a parishioner facing a grave illness or a serious operation. A Catholic can receive the sacrament more than once.

During the sacrament, the priest lays hands on the patient and prays "may the Lord who frees you from sin save you and raise you up." He then anoints the forehead and hands with blessed oil.

The anointing may be preceded by the sacrament of reconciliation — commonly called "penance" — but the anointing of the sick alone offers forgiveness of sins if the patient isn't able to undergo a full confession. It may be followed by the sacrament of the Eucharist or Holy Communion

Ginny

« Reply #237 on: March 31, 2005, 07:29:25 PM »

Evening greetings, all!  Just came from a wonderful meeting of my book group where we discussed The Kite Runner.  We were supposed to meet at my home and eat kite-shaped shortbread cookies, but I decided earlier in the week that a) nobody would want to be in our germ-infested home, and b) they really didn't want to eat cookies that I'd had my hands in!  One of our other members stepped in to host, but I took the cookie cutter and told them that I'd make the cookies at a later date!  I'm feeling better (still coughing, though), but DH Richard is not  :-\

The girls' outing in NYC sounds great!  Can I come, too?  Seriously, Jane, please let me know when your plans come into focus and I will attempt to make it!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #238 on: March 31, 2005, 07:32:23 PM »

Danise - I'm so glad you have such fond memories of the great trip to NYC!  It was good to meet you and spend some time Saturday getting acquainted.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #239 on: March 31, 2005, 07:35:04 PM »

DR vixmom - are you feeling better?  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up