Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: NO NOTES TODAY - OOPS, APRIL FOOL'S!  (Read 26739 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:NO NOTES TODAY - OOPS, APRIL FOOL'S!
« Reply #150 on: April 01, 2005, 03:45:33 PM »

I'm gonna go ahead and get ready for the show... Oh, but it's at 8:00 tonight instead of 7:30, so... Hmm...

YIKES!

I just looked at next week's schedule.  The "Bus Call" next Monday is 8:45AM!?!?!?!  I guess I should schedule that wake up call NOW!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: April 01, 2005, 03:50:11 PM »

I am back from rehearsal and auction.  Rehearsal was marvelously marvelous.  Miss Jessica Rush has a beautiful voice and duetting with her makes Mr. Haines very happy indeed.  And how much do we love I'm Past My Prime?  THIS much.

Heard two new tracks which, while still very basic, are great.  Two more and we're done.  Then we have to bring in the horns, do some guitar stuff, and prep everything for the vocal sessions, which are now tentatively scheduled for somewhere around April 20.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #152 on: April 01, 2005, 03:56:02 PM »

The Tower Records by me seems to employ only Gothic-fashioned inclined twelve year olds with fifty or more body piercings.  I asked one of these employees where the Broadway Musical Cast Albums were located. He looked at me as if I were speaking Martian, and finally replied that  he had never heard of that group, was I sure of the name?  This store is located ony 35 miles from Broadway - lord love a duck!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: April 01, 2005, 03:57:07 PM »

The auction was fascinating.  There was a small crowd of under fifty, but most of the bidding came from eBay's Live Auction and phone bids.  Some things went very high, some things escaped cheaply.  There was a Walter Plunkett costume sketch (there were actually six) that I wanted - Shirley MacLaine in her final outfit from Some Came Running.  It didn't go for all that much, but the guy in front of me just wouldn't stop bidding (he didn't bid on any of the other Plunketts, which is just weird), so I let him have it.  The first of two Jack Benny lots was valued at 300 to 500 bucks and consisted of some personal items, like a SAG card, a credit card, and a couple of handwritten notes.  It went for close to two grand.  The second lot consisted of a bunch of handwritten notes and poems - one to Giselle McKenzie - quite a few items.  That lot was valued the same and I was the only bidder and got it for 300.  SCORE!

The only other item I bid on was an original pre-production conceptual painting (acrylic on board) of The Great Leslie automobile from The Great Race.  It was valued between 500 - 1000.  I stole it for 600.  SCORE!

I was feeling quite TITULAR!

My friend Nick did not get his item, which was valued between 1500 and 2000 and went for close to five k.

The dance floor from Saturday Night Fever went for 180,000 bucks.  But, a Brooklyn court has an injunction against the sale, so until that is decided the auction sale on that item cannot be closed.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #154 on: April 01, 2005, 04:00:58 PM »

So per your notes, Bk, who are you eating tonight?

I guess you have a lot of  new stuff to frame.

vixmom

« Reply #155 on: April 01, 2005, 04:02:04 PM »

The auction was fascinating.  There was a small crowd of under fifty, but most of the bidding came from eBay's Live Auction and phone bids.  Some things went very high, some things escaped cheaply.  There was a Walter Plunkett costume sketch (there were actually six) that I wanted - Shirley MacLaine in her final outfit from Some Came Running.  It didn't go for all that much, but the guy in front of me just wouldn't stop bidding (he didn't bid on any of the other Plunketts, which is just weird), so I let him have it.  The first of two Jack Benny lots was valued at 300 to 500 bucks and consisted of some personal items, like a SAG card, a credit card, and a couple of handwritten notes.  It went for close to two grand.  The second lot consisted of a bunch of handwritten notes and poems - one to Giselle McKenzie - quite a few items.  That lot was valued the same and I was the only bidder and got it for 300.  SCORE!

The only other item I bid on was an original pre-production conceptual painting (acrylic on board) of The Great Leslie automobile from The Great Race.  It was valued between 500 - 1000.  I stole it for 600.  SCORE!

I was feeling quite TITULAR!

My friend Nick did not get his item, which was valued between 1500 and 2000 and went for close to five k.

The dance floor from Saturday Night Fever went for 180,000 bucks.  But, a Brooklyn court has an injunction against the sale, so until that is decided the auction sale on that item cannot be closed.

Congratulations on your excellent wins!!! Will you be sharing an y of Mr. Benny's poems with us?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2005, 04:14:57 PM »

Mr. Benny's poems will be receiving their world premiere right here at haineshisway.com.  We're supposed to hear back from the auctioneers (in Beverly Hills) next week, and I'll go down there to pick up my two items.

The painting is framed - whether I'll LIKE the frame is another question.

I don't know WHO I'm eating tonight (well, I'm not eating Gilbert Grape).  I shall have to ponder that question.

I got a wonderful package from far off Japan today from dear reader Hisaka.  There is a CD of Princess Mononoke, which is the concept version of the score, which I didn't have.  Very exciting.  Even more exciting was the huge black metal tin loaded with amazing goodies - all sorts of cookies (more like biscuits, really) from a company called Yoku Moku.  I can't wait to dig in to these.  Happily, each little cookie is wrapped separately and is quite small.  So, one can probably eat five or six and it wouldn't be like eating more than one or two regular cookies.  In the box are: Cigare (cigar-shaped biscuit).  Cigare au the (don't know what that is).  Cigare au chocolate (I think we ALL know what that is).  Cigare cafe au lait.  Billet au chocolae au lait.  Billet aux amandes chocolate.  Pleine lune.  Bateau de Macadamia.  Pomme de terre (don't know what it is but I LOVE it without having even eaten it.

Also, got my two volume Clutch Cargo DVDs, and my Wild Guitar DVD.

Who SHALL I be eating tonight?  Any suggestions?

vixmom

« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2005, 04:22:47 PM »

I look forward to hearing Mr. Benny's poems

vixmom

« Reply #158 on: April 01, 2005, 04:26:11 PM »

There is a commercail running on the TV right now ..William Shatner singing about the show currently running on  "Spike TV" where he and a few minions went to a small town and preteneded the were going to make a movie and use the locals as actors.  Am I the only one sick and tired of these mean spirited shows?

vixmom

« Reply #159 on: April 01, 2005, 04:27:51 PM »

In two minutes I will be the owner of three cargo covers....anyone in the market?

vixmom

« Reply #160 on: April 01, 2005, 04:43:30 PM »

Yep. I won them all.....Off to dinner now...I don't think I'm going to eat anybody though....

Ginny

« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2005, 04:47:53 PM »

Hi, DR vixmom!  What fun and exciting things do you and The Vixter have planned for this weekend?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2005, 04:54:25 PM »

So, I go do an errand.  I'm driving down a small alley south of Ventura Blvd. heading to Whitsett.  On my left a little ways down I see a man, a woman, a boy whol looks around six or seven, and several dogs.  Now, it is impossible to drive down this alley fast because, with all the recent rains, there are huge potholes all along the way.  I get closer to the man, and suddenly he starts yelling at me, "Slow down, for chrissakes!  Slow down!"  Well, those who know me well will know that I immdiately slammed on my brakes and rolled down my window and said, "Excuse me?  I can't drive any slower!"  He walks in my direction and says, "There's a fifteen mile speed limit!"  I say, "Yeah, so tell someone who's driving over fifteen, because I just happened to be looking at my speedometer and I was going nine. "  He says, "Yeah?"  I said, "Yeah, you stupid moron - a) I live in this neighborhood, and b) I don't care to rip up my tires on these potholes, which are as big as your mouth."  He walked away muttering obscenities under his breath, while his four dogs roamed without leashes.  What a twit.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 04:54:58 PM by bk »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #163 on: April 01, 2005, 04:55:02 PM »

Thanks bk! If you wouldn't have corrected me, MattH "would have"!

If that doesn't give you the "warm fuzzies", nothing will!

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2005, 04:59:23 PM »

But I corrected him so sweetly, don't you think?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2005, 05:07:27 PM »

That was so sweet, he'll be on a sugar high for days.

:-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

François de Paris

« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2005, 05:10:09 PM »

Mr. Benny's poems will be receiving their world premiere right here at haineshisway.com.  We're supposed to hear back from the auctioneers (in Beverly Hills) next week, and I'll go down there to pick up my two items.

The painting is framed - whether I'll LIKE the frame is another question.

I don't know WHO I'm eating tonight (well, I'm not eating Gilbert Grape).  I shall have to ponder that question.

I got a wonderful package from far off Japan today from dear reader Hisaka.  There is a CD of Princess Mononoke, which is the concept version of the score, which I didn't have.  Very exciting.  Even more exciting was the huge black metal tin loaded with amazing goodies - all sorts of cookies (more like biscuits, really) from a company called Yoku Moku.  I can't wait to dig in to these.  Happily, each little cookie is wrapped separately and is quite small.  So, one can probably eat five or six and it wouldn't be like eating more than one or two regular cookies.  In the box are: Cigare (cigar-shaped biscuit).  Cigare au the (don't know what that is).  Cigare au chocolate (I think we ALL know what that is).  Cigare cafe au lait.  Billet au chocolae au lait.  Billet aux amandes chocolate.  Pleine lune.  Bateau de Macadamia.  Pomme de terre (don't know what it is but I LOVE it without having even eaten it.

Also, got my two volume Clutch Cargo DVDs, and my Wild Guitar DVD.

Who SHALL I be eating tonight?  Any suggestions?

Let me help, since my Japanese is out of this world!! :D

Cigare au thé..... Tea flavored biscuit.

Pomme de terre..... Potato.

And... it must be.....Billet aux amandes chocolatéES, unless it's the billet that is "chocolaté"!

This Japanese seems way easy for French speaking people! ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #167 on: April 01, 2005, 05:11:52 PM »

The Tower Records by me seems to employ only Gothic-fashioned inclined twelve year olds with fifty or more body piercings.  I asked one of these employees where the Broadway Musical Cast Albums were located. He looked at me as if I were speaking Martian, and finally replied that  he had never heard of that group, was I sure of the name?  This store is located ony 35 miles from Broadway - lord love a duck!!!

This is SO funny!

Now, some groups have very weird names too! ;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2005, 05:14:07 PM »

DRJane, I meant to tell you earlier that SHAUN OF THE DEAD was one of my favorite movies of the past year.  Horrifying and outrageously funny, it's my favorite living dead movie.  Have you and Keith watched it yet?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2005, 05:16:23 PM »

I may watch Vera Drake tonight, after I finish Teacher's Pet.  IF I finish Teacher's Pet, which I'm finding fairly unamusing and slow going.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: April 01, 2005, 05:17:30 PM »

Of course, I'll have to watch an episode of Clutch Cargo, which I wrote about extensively in Benjamin Kritzer, I believe.  And perhaps I'll check out a bit of Wild Guitar while I'm at it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #171 on: April 01, 2005, 05:34:43 PM »

Yes by all means check out WILD GUITAR - the first few minutes are the scenes of LA shot on location!  
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #172 on: April 01, 2005, 05:37:58 PM »

Giselle MacKenzie and Jack Benny!  LOL.....some of my favorite moments on television.  In their duets, Jack would bow his violin a couple of times and Giselle would go to town for 16 measures or so - and then the whole thing would start over again.

Jack Benny - he used to do a show each summer at Starlight Musicals on the Butler University Campus (near where DR JOSE will be performing next week, although the Hilton U. Brown Theatre is no more).  It was always a sell out!

I think I told the story before, that a woman wrote him a fan letter and asked him to drop by for dinner when he was in Indianapolis.  The next summer she was shocked when he showed up at her front door at dinner time.  And in fact he ate dinner with her family for the entire week he was in town.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Danise

« Reply #173 on: April 01, 2005, 05:40:10 PM »

Evening all!  There was a horrible wreck on the Interstate and I didn’t get home (after taking the 4:30 bus) until almost 6:30.  Motorcycle VS Truck.  Needless to say, the truck won.  I’m sorry to report that the Motorcycle driver must have died on the scene.    If you could have seen what was left of that bike.  Agh.

It took us a good forty minutes to move less than a mile.  On the interesting side, we had a stretch limo (one of those hummer types—why they hum, I don’t know.  Maybe they don’t know the words.) on one side of us.  It was almost as long as our bus.  

We had a good time trying to communicate with whoever was in it.  Someone had paper and wrote things like, “Drinks?”, “Food?” and “TP NEEDED!!” then pressed them to the window.  At one point some guy put the window down and stuck an hand out with a beer can in it.  I wonder who was in it.  

“Girls Night Out” in October, huh?  I’ll have to see if I can make arrangements to be there.  I know what hotel I’ll stay at!

Good job vibes to DRJRand!  I’ve got my fingers and toes crossed for you!

DR Elmore, I’m so glad your head doesn’t hurt any more.  I do hope you go home to see  your Dad.  

Good health vibes to DR Joey!

Hello and welcome to new poster, Chooster!  Something to crow about.

DR Michael, 5 millon megapixels!  Wow!  I think I have pixel envy.  Mine is just a 3.5 but it does have a movie feature (no sound) and Panorama.  I confess, I have never been able to make that work.

DR George, I really, really, really enjoyed the CD's.  Thank you so very, very, very much.   :)  You know I loved the Christmas Concert.  I only wish he had sung, "I Was Born To Love You".  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #174 on: April 01, 2005, 05:41:43 PM »

Yep. I won them all.....

Congrats!  Now you have a spare.  And a spare for the spare.   ;D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: April 01, 2005, 05:44:53 PM »

There are no new posters here, only April Fools.  We only allow real people, not wood.  

I just received a completely unexpected dinner invite - so I'm on my way to the Dale of Glen to sup.  I shan't be home too too late, so keep the home fries burning until my returning.

Danise

« Reply #176 on: April 01, 2005, 05:49:05 PM »

Last I knew Derek was fighting to survive in a flood.
Unfortunately, the flood was winning.  It was in his laundry.

Well, if you see/hear from him, please tell him I said "hello" and that we miss him!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #177 on: April 01, 2005, 05:55:42 PM »

Ginny do you have the dates for your convention/conference?  Last year we were in NY at the same time.  I will need to coordinate my trip to NY with my visit to Bethesda (NIH) and with my nieces in NY.  These girls do an amazing amount of traveling with the great fares they can get out of NY.  Maybe they can join us for girl’s day out.

How was the book discussion?  Ours was exceptional.

Danise

« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2005, 06:00:52 PM »

Has anyone seen the new JibJab?

"The Drugs I Need" ?

I almost fell off the chair laughing at it.

I'm sorry but I've forgotten how to do a fancy link like HERE IT IS or something like that.  Guess the old fashion kind will have to do  :)  :

Here it is:

http://www.jibjab.com/
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #179 on: April 01, 2005, 06:01:32 PM »

Happy Birthday VinTeck. :)

Elmore-so glad your headache is finally gone.

Joey good health vibes and hoping you don’t really have mono.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up