Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: APRIL COME SHE WILL  (Read 4279 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: APRIL COME SHE WILL
« Reply #150 on: April 01, 2020, 06:44:49 PM »

Six!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #151 on: April 01, 2020, 06:45:48 PM »

I too had never of o Zoom until recently.  I know of teachers that are using it.  Craig isn't.

I was in a Zoom conference call that was hacked the other day.. Kids doing a lot of potty mouth talk. Pretty disgusting.  It's sad, we were going to learn about Covid-19 in the prison system. THey had to end the call before even getting started

WTH?? :o

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/zoom-bombing-fbi-teleconferences-online-classrooms-hackers

>:(

Jane

« Reply #152 on: April 01, 2020, 06:46:46 PM »

I have a facebook friend who's mother is in the hospital with a blood clot.  The mother is improving.  I am just mentioning this as my friend, a doctor, believes her mother wasn't moving enough during this quarantine.

Please don't forget to keep moving and stretching, whatever you can do even if it is simple movements.

Both exercise and fresh air are important. I think those who are telling us to stay in are making a mistake. Stay home, yes, but I see no reason to stay inside all the time.

We’ve already seen how grateful we’re going to be for our big front porch and for the table and chairs that Rob and Mary Linda left there.  Our house sits up high from the street (remember the steep driveway?), so we can perch outside when the weather cooperates.

Can you also walk around outside?

Ginny

« Reply #153 on: April 01, 2020, 06:47:01 PM »

Ohio’s public health director, Dr. Amy Acton, today said the most depressing thing I’ve heard:

“I wish I could give you hope about your summer.”

:'(
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #154 on: April 01, 2020, 06:47:14 PM »

Now watching the last of the W.C. Fields box set, My Little Chickadee. Love Mae West in this one.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #155 on: April 01, 2020, 06:47:26 PM »

And I just got called Back to work for a short bit.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2020, 06:47:30 PM »

I had already given up hope.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2020, 06:48:06 PM »

Then I did the dishes, which was not fun.

I need to do laundry.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #158 on: April 01, 2020, 06:48:35 PM »

I have a facebook friend who's mother is in the hospital with a blood clot.  The mother is improving.  I am just mentioning this as my friend, a doctor, believes her mother wasn't moving enough during this quarantine.

Please don't forget to keep moving and stretching, whatever you can do even if it is simple movements.

Both exercise and fresh air are important. I think those who are telling us to stay in are making a mistake. Stay home, yes, but I see no reason to stay inside all the time.

We’ve already seen how grateful we’re going to be for our big front porch and for the table and chairs that Rob and Mary Linda left there.  Our house sits up high from the street (remember the steep driveway?), so we can perch outside when the weather cooperates.

Yes, Richard walks every morning.  I’m not quite ready to put that kind of stress on my ankle, but I’m doing more around the house and continuing my PT stretches.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #159 on: April 01, 2020, 06:48:44 PM »

Ohio’s public health director, Dr. Amy Acton, today said the most depressing thing I’ve heard:

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #160 on: April 01, 2020, 06:52:35 PM »

Yes, Richard walks every morning.  I’m not quite ready to put that kind of stress on my ankle, but I’m doing more around the house and continuing my PT stretches.

Stretches and motion are good.  I am sorry your ankle is taking so long to heal. 

John G.

« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2020, 07:03:50 PM »

The songwriter of Cry-Baby, a score I really enjoy, has died from coronavirus.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5e851a65c5b60bbd734ec050
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2020, 08:09:22 PM »

Off to finish my book.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #163 on: April 01, 2020, 08:09:31 PM »

Good night, all.
― Voltaire

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2020, 09:13:13 PM »

I'm very frustrated that our governor hasn't issued a stay at home order.  She just says "Iowans know what to do and they will do the right thing" . Yeah right. Meanwhile, the cases and deaths are beginning to increase and people aren't taking it seriously.  School and most businesses are closed and she thinks that's enough.    I'm working from home and only going to the grocery store once a week or so.  Ok, it as twice this week,  I am going for walks, going to the office once a day just to check the mail and leave and working in the yard when it's nice.  But people are still having get togethers etc.  We only have 7 cases in the county,(counties on the eastern and southern parts of the state are much higher) but they just started testing  with a drive through testing site this week.  I have a feeling it's just going up

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2020, 09:15:00 PM »

And our Governor says it's just going to get worse but maybe we can reopen the schools in another week she'll take a look at it Good grief

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2020, 09:16:57 PM »

I am so thankful I can work from home.  I do have a few masks from woodworking.  The federal court is still having in person hearings but the only three people who are in close contact are the defendant, the defense attorney and the US Marshal.  I don't have a hearing set until May 1, but I will be wearing a mask

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #167 on: April 01, 2020, 09:17:47 PM »

Better get to bed.  I'm trying to keep a normal schedule

George

« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2020, 09:33:14 PM »

And our Governor says it's just going to get worse but maybe we can reopen the schools in another week she'll take a look at it Good grief

Oh, my. :-\

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2020, 10:19:21 PM »

Finished with my viewing - two-and-a-half motion pictures.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: April 01, 2020, 10:19:28 PM »

Listening to music.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: April 01, 2020, 10:19:46 PM »

I gotta tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: April 01, 2020, 10:20:20 PM »

Don't sit under the apple tree.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: April 01, 2020, 10:23:30 PM »

What becomes a legend most?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: April 01, 2020, 10:23:40 PM »

I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: April 01, 2020, 10:24:00 PM »

Sugar Pops are tops.

Jane

« Reply #176 on: April 01, 2020, 10:24:07 PM »

I'm very frustrated that our governor hasn't issued a stay at home order.  She just says "Iowans know what to do and they will do the right thing" . Yeah right. Meanwhile, the cases and deaths are beginning to increase and people aren't taking it seriously.  School and most businesses are closed and she thinks that's enough.    I'm working from home and only going to the grocery store once a week or so.  Ok, it as twice this week,  I am going for walks, going to the office once a day just to check the mail and leave and working in the yard when it's nice.  But people are still having get togethers etc.  We only have 7 cases in the county,(counties on the eastern and southern parts of the state are much higher) but they just started testing  with a drive through testing site this week.  I have a feeling it's just going up

You have drive through testing, wow.

I am sorry your governor didn't make the call early when you had a better chance to slow it down.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: April 01, 2020, 10:24:16 PM »

The rain in Spain.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2020, 10:24:31 PM »

When in Rome.