Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A SENSE OF HUMOR  (Read 3656 times)

ChasSmith

Re: A SENSE OF HUMOR
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2020, 09:28:57 AM »

TCM is honoring Peter Bogdanivich with a couple of films this evening and the following couple of Saturday evenings. Tonight they're showing TARGETS and THE LAST PICTURE SHOW.

I love all of his early stuff, and I probably own whatever of it I need to see. But I'll be interested to hear how they present these, especially TARGETS, nowadays, considering its subject. I haven't watched it in years, but it's a favorite, what with its San Fernando Valley settings and a wonderful old Boris Karloff.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2020, 09:28:59 AM »

New numbers are out...confirmed cases in my county are now 10,860, with 1,724 in my township, up about 1,000 from yesterday (in my township)
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2020, 09:39:33 AM »

My sister Linda offers the worst pun of the day.

Breaking news.. King Felipe VI is quarantined to his jet.  Madrid news reports the reign of Spain is staying mainly on the plane.

:D
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Freddie

• The poster formerly known as FJL
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2020, 09:41:47 AM »

Thatch loves to be brushed.  Every night, just before I go to bed, I give him a long brushing, during which he rolls about, stretches, and luxuriates in it.  About a week ago, I gave Annabelle one, and she reacted the very same.  Now, when I start to brush Thatch, Annabelle butts in, throws herself about, and carries on until I stop my work on Thatch and devote myself to her.

That's wonderful that you give them something they look forward to every day.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  Someone like that only happens two or three times in a person's life!

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2020, 09:44:46 AM »

Saturday afternoon greetings!  Fr. Richard is preparing for tomorrow's Palm Sunday service, which he will conduct over Zoom.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2020, 10:30:18 AM »

Ginny, did you ever read Toni Morrison's Beloved or see the movie? It's set on the outskirts of Cincinnati, but I can't remember if they actually name a specific place. I'm watching the movie now, and it just mentions that they go to Cincy for a carnival. The movie's brutal, and it's excellent, which I wasn't expecting. I don't remember too many of the movie critics, except for Robert Ebert, liking it. 
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2020, 10:34:53 AM »

I had to book at time to go to communion next week. That was a first.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2020, 10:55:18 AM »

Thatch loves to be brushed.  Every night, just before I go to bed, I give him a long brushing, during which he rolls about, stretches, and luxuriates in it.  About a week ago, I gave Annabelle one, and she reacted the very same.  Now, when I start to brush Thatch, Annabelle butts in, throws herself about, and carries on until I stop my work on Thatch and devote myself to her.

All 3 cats enjoying a good brushing.  It makes taking care of them easier and fun.

Jane

« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2020, 10:56:27 AM »

We just had a flock of Cedar Waxwing birds outside of our windows. Keith was thrilled :)   This beautiful photo is from the internet.

Jane

« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2020, 10:57:31 AM »

Ginny, did you ever read Toni Morrison's Beloved or see the movie? It's set on the outskirts of Cincinnati, but I can't remember if they actually name a specific place. I'm watching the movie now, and it just mentions that they go to Cincy for a carnival. The movie's brutal, and it's excellent, which I wasn't expecting. I don't remember too many of the movie critics, except for Robert Ebert, liking it. 

I read the novel and skipped the movie when it was released.  So heartbreaking and understandable.

Jane

« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2020, 11:03:27 AM »

I found this interesting from a friend of mine, even if it was on fb.

On the advisability of covering your face:

Even though today’s temp is slated to approach 60, it was still below freezing when I set out on my walk - I was hoping to avoid the crush of conscientious, good-weather walkers in my neighborhood. As I chugged up the first (not insignificant) hill, I could see my exhaled breath vaporizing in the chill. then drifting to my right and rear while spreading ever further. Its reach was surprising. And so, also disturbing.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2020, 11:37:49 AM »

One of my best college friends just called me from London to see how I was coping.  We sounded like two old farts complaining about our arthritis, other aches, and coping with the plague.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2020, 11:38:49 AM »

The call interrupted my viewing of In My Mind's Eye.  I was about halfway through it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2020, 11:52:13 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - almost eight hours of sleep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2020, 11:53:27 AM »

I'lll post the links here, too - but I don't post links on Facebook that you can actually watch on Facebook.  The links go directly to the Tube of You.  Once I get the initial list, I'm going to go back to my external drive to look for things I've never put up and there are plenty.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2020, 12:24:25 PM »

Actually, the phone call came about 10 minutes from the end of the play, not halfway, so I finished watching.  I enjoyed it very much.

John G.

« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2020, 01:13:58 PM »

Up from a nap.
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2020, 01:51:15 PM »

Since Elvirna Bradshaw and her daughter Big Mouth had spread the word about the season all over Hooterville and Pixley, we went ahead and posted the articles to the website and Facebook......
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2020, 01:54:01 PM »

As soon as the play was over, I fed the cats their dinner, and then spent the last 80 minutes converting the Babes in Toyland lyrics in the libretto from all caps to standard type.  I got two of them done.  There are a million more to go.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 02:53:54 PM by elmore3003 »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2020, 02:31:40 PM »

Had two helpings of the tuna pasta salad but it's too weird with the fusilli.  Something about the texture and just the whole vibe of it doesn't seem right, so I'll toss the rest.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2020, 03:01:58 PM »

One of my best college friends just called me from London to see how I was coping.  We sounded like two old farts complaining about our arthritis, other aches, and coping with the plague.

Yup, no the feeling ;D

Jane

« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2020, 03:03:08 PM »

As soon as the play was over, I fed the cats their dinner, and then spent the last 80 minutes converting the Babes in Toyland lyrics in the libretto from all caps to standard type.  I got two of them done.  There are a million more to go.

Groan. 

John G.

« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2020, 03:06:04 PM »

Groan. 

Bet the Babes are grateful not to be SCREAMING so much.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2020, 03:13:30 PM »

:))

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2020, 03:26:15 PM »

After all these years, my first novel, NOBODY DROWNS IN MINERAL LAKE, is now available on Kindle, as well as paperback.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086RH5CXH/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1586037421&sr=1-2
You can dream…or you can do.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2020, 03:28:36 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2020, 03:31:48 PM »

Is anyone else having trouble sleeping? Elmore said so. Others? It's strange: I don't feel particularly anxious or depressed, but things are clearly bothering me. How could they not? The Covid situation is so bad, and yet there's something surreal about it. I guess it's difficult to fathom the enormity of it.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2020, 03:33:54 PM »

I did some laundry and cleaning today. Did some online shopping--soooo many things sold out.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2020, 03:35:25 PM »

Bruce, would the KL shows just be up tonight or would they be available indefinitely?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2020, 03:36:27 PM »

Good news about DS Bryan!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 03:41:12 PM by Jeanne »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up