Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: KILLING TIME  (Read 4161 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
KILLING TIME
« on: April 09, 2020, 12:36:57 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes killed time and the English language, and now it is time for you to post until the killing time cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: KILLING TIME
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 12:38:39 AM »

And the word of the day is: DERACINATE!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 12:42:21 AM »

Topic of the Day:  I don't remember. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

jan

• cats are happiness in fur coats
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 12:50:25 AM »

Bruce, thanks for your song.  It was like you were singing directly to me and I really needed it.  Thanks again.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 01:07:28 AM »

Bruce, thanks for your song.  It was like you were singing directly to me and I really needed it.  Thanks again.

I'm so glad you liked it!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 02:13:03 AM »

I was thinking about filing my taxes, but I decided that it's too late, so I won't.  I'll do it later.  Instead, I'm off to bed.

Have a good day, all!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 04:14:12 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 04:15:16 AM »

DR Jan, I agree completely!

And while I'm posting to you, where have you been?  Why aren't you with us more?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 04:19:19 AM »

I slept well until sometime past 2:30, when the temperatures in the building really dropped and all three cats climbed in with me for warmth.  Annabelle's the worst.  She came down from her bookcase nest and set herself on my legs smack in the middle of the bed.  It's difficult with my leg pains to maneuver already, but Annabelle's ten pounds make it worse and I don't want to hurt her in my restlessness.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 04:20:36 AM »

I need to call my pharmacy this morning.  If my requested prescriptions are filled, I'll make the trek to pick them up.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2020, 04:21:17 AM »

I plan to spend a good part of my day watching Levi! and I look forward to that.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2020, 04:23:57 AM »

TOD
I'm with DR George.  I have no memory.  I had a transistor radio in college but that was over 50 years ago.  I purchased my first TV in 1980 at Macy's, I think, but I now have no memory of the brand.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2020, 04:24:24 AM »

DR TCB, I think we were among the mechanicals rehearsing Pyramus and Thisbe.  I might have been Flute, but the dream wasn't really about rehearsing.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 04:26:50 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2020, 04:27:13 AM »

Kitty cleanup in 20 minutes.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2020, 04:59:58 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2020, 05:00:46 AM »

I wish I were still asleep. Bad night. It was way too warm.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2020, 05:02:33 AM »

We didn’t have a TV until I was 7. I think I got my own when I was 9 or 10. And you couldn’t stop me from watching it.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2020, 05:04:02 AM »

I don’t know when I got my first transistor radio, but I do remember assembling one for a Cub Scouts project. It actually worked.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2020, 05:26:47 AM »

Kitty cleanup over, I'm on my second cuppa and some breakfast, almond butter and cherry preserves on toast.

ChasSmith

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2020, 05:38:01 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2020, 06:01:35 AM »

My first transistor radio was probably a Sears Silvertone, and it was sometime during my 7th grade year (1961-62) that I JUST HAD TO HAVE ONE. My earliest memories of it are standing around the junior high school courtyard with my friends, many of whom had probably just gotten them then. All I can tell you about the radio itself was that it was of the standard "cigarette pack" size, AM-band only, and I had a leather case for it. For us kids then, having a radio was a huge thing.

It was probably within the following year that I got my first clock radio for my bedroom. Again, probably a Sears model (my parents were devoted Sears buyers throughout much of their married life).

And what were these radios usually tuned to?

WQAM Miami "Tiger Radio" 560 on your dial. The primary DJ was Rick Shaw, and I've not been surprised to find in recent that he and that station share legendary status. My junior high and high school years represent one of the two times in my life I've enjoyed having pop music on to any great extent. Of course there was classical music, but what I most remember listening to on radio were broadcasts of concerts. I don't recall just having a classical station on in general, it was usually for something specific. That's where my love for "live performance" broadcasts and recordings was born. Finally, late at night I enjoyed listening to a call-in show hosted by a voice I could swear was Larry King, but I'm not sure that he was doing that yet even though he was already active on radio in those years.

ChasSmith

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2020, 06:09:50 AM »

Our very first TV was a Muntz. Remember THAT name? That's what we had in the early 1950s. Don't know how long that one lasted, but my next memory of a TV would again be a Sears model in the early 1960s in Florida. Black and white. My folks never had a color one till the very late 60s, as I recall. I do know it wasn't until I was no longer living in the house.

And Zenith? It seems odd to not be able to recall our specifically having any Zenith equipment, but I don't.

John G.

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2020, 06:14:21 AM »

Is anybody planning on watching the free streaming of the new musical version of Pride and Prejudice tomorrow?

https://mailchi.mp/25d2df0277e8/streaming-musicals-announces-free-april-10-virtual-opening-night-for-pride-and-prejudice-1524500?e=649775ed50
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2020, 06:18:09 AM »

Jane Eyre at the National Theatre Yahoo Page starting today......
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2020, 06:19:02 AM »

CHEMO BRAIN....that's all I can say.....of course there is a LEVI recording....I own it!

That's why I have a note on my front door: "Do you have your keys?"

ChasSmith

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2020, 06:19:40 AM »

I crapped out early last night, but wanted to add that I thought the level of performance, and the production of LEVI overall, was exceptional. It was easy to forget that I wasn't watching it on PBS.

Is this the first thing I've seen of the LACC things? That can't be. What am I not remembering? But I want more. More!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2020, 06:20:08 AM »

Didn't the alien guy in Plan 9 From Outer Space say he was going to DERACINATE the earth - the earth full of idiots!!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2020, 06:21:26 AM »

The old bank building in the center of my town lost its second story last night.  You may be able to see it here.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2020, 06:26:28 AM »

If you scroll to the right.....where that black light pole is.....in the 1920's there was a 20 foot tall lighted cross since we were the headquarters for the KKK in the state.  :(

It was taken down long ago, but even when I was small, the hole in the sidewalk where it had been was still there filled with gravel.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2020, 06:27:30 AM »

Straight line winds no tornado.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up