Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: ZOOM MANIA  (Read 3417 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: ZOOM MANIA
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2020, 12:20:53 PM »

I did the laundry and am now taking a break. Like Jane, I need to do some cleaning also.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2020, 12:25:23 PM »

I have not used Zoom, Skype, or any other product of that type, nor do I feel any need to do so. I understand how it would be useful for some things, but I don't need it myself. A week or so ago my therapist, who I hadn't seen since pre-Covid, asked me if I'd been staying in touch with friends with Zoom. No, it hadn't even occurred to me. I communicate now as I always have--phone and email. I do miss going out with friends, but don't need a visual for a casual conversation.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2020, 12:33:00 PM »

Several of you have mentioned your feelings about attending religious services under lockdown. I've been interested in your various views. What about eating out once restaurants reopen? Using public transportation? Being out and about in general?

I've been going to those doctors (and my dentist) who are open, but personally am not yet comfortable taking Lyft/Uber/cab. I rescheduled an overdue visit with the ophthalmologist because I'd have to take Lyft. I was told that they are cancelling a lot of appointments and mine might have been cancelled anyway. And I am NOT ready to eat in a restaurant!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2020, 12:37:09 PM »

At some point I'll need to get Brian over here to help with the cleaning. He was here in early March, so that helped. We had no idea then that we'd go into lockdown. I'm not sure what would make me feel comfortable.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2020, 12:38:01 PM »

Vibes to Vixfam for continued progress taking care of Vixgran.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2020, 12:38:24 PM »

Anti-anxiety vibes and pre-surgery vibes to Larry.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2020, 12:38:45 PM »

Vibes to all.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2020, 12:41:37 PM »

Re gas prices:

The price of crude had plummeted due to the worldwide slowdown in gasoline usage. In the last few days the price has been bouncing back and is up significantly. Thus the rise at the pump. I can't speak to any Memorial Day influence, only general market factors.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2020, 12:41:49 PM »

At some point I'll need to get Brian over here to help with the cleaning. He was here in early March, so that helped. We had no idea then that we'd go into lockdown. I'm not sure what would make me feel comfortable.

Is Brian working?  If not this might be a good time to have him over to do some work, if he is willing to wear a mask.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2020, 12:42:04 PM »

Several of you have mentioned your feelings about attending religious services under lockdown. I've been interested in your various views. What about eating out once restaurants reopen? Using public transportation? Being out and about in general?

I've been going to those doctors (and my dentist) who are open, but personally am not yet comfortable taking Lyft/Uber/cab. I rescheduled an overdue visit with the ophthalmologist because I'd have to take Lyft. I was told that they are cancelling a lot of appointments and mine might have been cancelled anyway. And I am NOT ready to eat in a restaurant!

I’m not ready. No dance classes. No hair cut. No nothing. I’ve largely bypassed to-go food.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2020, 12:42:31 PM »

Break is over.

Have a nice weekend, everyone.

TTFN.

John G.

« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2020, 12:44:01 PM »

Bye, Jeanne.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2020, 12:44:23 PM »

Is Brian working?  If not this might be a good time to have him over to do some work, if he is willing to wear a mask.

Brian works full-time at Home Depot. As far as I know there's been no change there. He'd wear a mask, but my concern is that he gets lots of exposure to other people, but is young and could be asymptomatic, yet still give it to me.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2020, 12:47:47 PM »

I’m not ready. No dance classes. No hair cut. No nothing. I’ve largely bypassed to-go food.

The food doesn't bother me (maybe it should), but being around others sure does. I especially don't want anyone in my apartment. I could REALLY use a trip to the hairdresser, but am iffy about that--not that they're open here.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2020, 12:48:09 PM »

Bye.

Jane

« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2020, 12:50:33 PM »

I am especially glad you are not ready to return to dance classes.

Jane

« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2020, 12:51:13 PM »

Brian works full-time at Home Depot. As far as I know there's been no change there. He'd wear a mask, but my concern is that he gets lots of exposure to other people, but is young and could be asymptomatic, yet still give it to me.

If he is still working I agree with your concerns.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2020, 01:13:19 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - ten hours of very needed sleep.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2020, 02:01:55 PM »

It's a very rainy day in Manhattan.  I'm glad I went out before the downpour began.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2020, 02:03:48 PM »

The cats had a lazy day which was a nice break from the usual romping and frolicking.  Thatch came up to my worktable to see what I was writing and get some love.  I hope they';re not too freaked out while I'm away.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2020, 02:04:50 PM »

I got eight pages of orchestration written this afternoon.  At the moment I'm wondering about dinner.

John G.

« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2020, 02:27:51 PM »

It’s supposed to storm here. But it’s been supposed to storm for the past four days and nary a drop.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2020, 02:30:21 PM »

Watching an unedited version of Henry VI Part 2. The scene where the rabble torments a man because he can write his name and has a book with him shows how little has changed in 400 years.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2020, 02:35:41 PM »

The food doesn't bother me (maybe it should), but being around others sure does. I especially don't want anyone in my apartment. I could REALLY use a trip to the hairdresser, but am iffy about that--not that they're open here.

The guy who came over to give an estimate on siding today asked me if he could come in. I bluntly said no. But when they start work, the workers might need access to a bathroom.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2020, 02:40:05 PM »

Is there one they can easily use that you can avoid?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2020, 02:54:01 PM »

DR JANE there is one other bloom just behind the one in the photo....smaller and still green.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2020, 02:55:25 PM »

No I'm not ready to go out socially for any event......

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2020, 02:55:42 PM »

Stucco vibes for DR JOHN G.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2020, 02:56:30 PM »

DR JANE there is one other bloom just behind the one in the photo....smaller and still green.

Good :)

ChasSmith

« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2020, 03:22:23 PM »

I had a third company come out to do an estimate on residing the house. It’s the best I’ve received but they can’t do the stucco. So I will eventually have to find a company to do the fourth wall.

I think you're supposed to break that one.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up