Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: CONTEMPLATING MY ELBOW AND EYEBROW  (Read 3479 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: CONTEMPLATING MY ELBOW AND EYEBROW
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2020, 03:32:08 PM »

Enjoy the cheeseburgers DR ELMORE.

I sure did!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2020, 03:33:01 PM »

Page 4 Dance!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2020, 04:25:18 PM »

Listening to Mr. Mendelssohn - got a really cheap box set (four CDs) of the symphonies and overtures and incidental music stuff, conducted by Claudio Abbado with the London Symphony Orchestra.  Beautifully recorded.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2020, 04:27:01 PM »

The group number is now mixed - but one of our singers found a boy replacement and he says he'll have it to me by this evening, so he'll get mixed into the track, which is easy.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2020, 04:48:19 PM »

I had a big lunch
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2020, 04:49:30 PM »

The office ordered from the local Greek place and I was tempted by the
pasticio  again

vixmom

« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2020, 04:49:49 PM »

So I didn’t want dinner and neither did vixdad

vixmom

« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2020, 04:50:25 PM »

As I was I was. Leaving for mom's,  vixdad decided to make some toast for a snack

vixmom

« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2020, 04:50:43 PM »

Now I’m hungry

vixmom

« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2020, 04:51:07 PM »

Something about the smell of bread toasting always makes me hungry

vixmom

« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2020, 04:51:39 PM »

I took moms car for her yearly inspection and an oil change

vixmom

« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2020, 05:04:46 PM »

It’s a 2010 that she bought second hand

vixmom

« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2020, 05:05:09 PM »

It has 20,100 miles on it

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2020, 06:18:56 PM »

Jane

« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2020, 06:19:54 PM »

It has 20,100 miles on it

It may be awhile before she is up to driving again.

Jane

« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2020, 06:46:13 PM »

On our afternoon walk we saw a couple we haven't seen since early February.  We were all happy to see each other and know we were well.  They have continued to walk regularly we just haven't crossed paths probably because the mosquitoes have been keeping us from that walk in the evenings.  The other day the city sprayed the area, still Keith was bitten twice.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2020, 08:02:56 PM »

The office ordered from the local Greek place and I was tempted by the
pasticio  again

Gimme.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2020, 08:06:09 PM »

Finishing up the Danish Chess recording. Many changes. Some work. But they rewrote perhaps my favorite lyric near the end: "Not to be too wise/Not to realize/Where there's truth, there will be lies" has become "... There was truth and there were lies." Ouch.

Perhaps the biggest change is that Anatoly wins the big match at the end of the show. Freddie has won it in every other production.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2020, 08:06:24 PM »

Got the video from the last guy, who then made the bad mistake of emailing me right after he sent it, telling me he didn't really know what it was for (I'm pretty sure the gal who recruited him told him about the show) and that he needed more information about how we were going to use "his work" - I kid you not, folks - "his work."  And he said his manager would be in touch.  Said manager was copied.  I responded instantly with a history of the shows, whose been in them, who they're talking to (me) and what the online shows are benefitting and who the cast is for this show.  I also said VERY strongly, that if there were ANY issues that I needed to know right now because we're starting to put this together.  Well, right now was an hour ago.  In the meantime, I'm pretty sure this fellow was part of the Sterling's singing contest and that I judged him.  I also looked at his resume, which is all college productions and NOTHING else.  And in a nutshell, this is what's wrong with this generation of performers.  The entitlement is breathtaking.  This neophyte has a MANAGER?  And I'm supposed to deal with the MANAGER?  Funny, I'm not dealing with Emily Skinner's manager or Christiane Noll's manager or Liz Callaway's manager and funny I didn't deal with Lauren Bacall's manager or Elaine Stritch's manager or Dorothy Loudon's manager.  So, if they haven't responded by nine, they're out and I will have to write another e-mail about the why of that and why it's not a good idea at the beginning of a career to piss off someone who can actually help them. 

John G.

« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2020, 08:14:11 PM »

Ouch.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2020, 08:29:25 PM »

They have extended our ability to work from home through the end of the year.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2020, 08:30:31 PM »

That means there won't be a Christmas party. Unless they give a virtual one. Not that it matters. I really appreciate the extension. I seriously don't want to go back to the office.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2020, 08:31:58 PM »

Good night, all.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2020, 10:10:58 PM »

They have extended our ability to work from home through the end of the year.

Good.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2020, 10:12:11 PM »

Got the video from the last guy, who then made the bad mistake of emailing me right after he sent it, telling me he didn't really know what it was for (I'm pretty sure the gal who recruited him told him about the show) and that he needed more information about how we were going to use "his work" - I kid you not, folks - "his work."  And he said his manager would be in touch.  Said manager was copied.  I responded instantly with a history of the shows, whose been in them, who they're talking to (me) and what the online shows are benefitting and who the cast is for this show.  I also said VERY strongly, that if there were ANY issues that I needed to know right now because we're starting to put this together.  Well, right now was an hour ago.  In the meantime, I'm pretty sure this fellow was part of the Sterling's singing contest and that I judged him.  I also looked at his resume, which is all college productions and NOTHING else.  And in a nutshell, this is what's wrong with this generation of performers.  The entitlement is breathtaking.  This neophyte has a MANAGER?  And I'm supposed to deal with the MANAGER?  Funny, I'm not dealing with Emily Skinner's manager or Christiane Noll's manager or Liz Callaway's manager and funny I didn't deal with Lauren Bacall's manager or Elaine Stritch's manager or Dorothy Loudon's manager.  So, if they haven't responded by nine, they're out and I will have to write another e-mail about the why of that and why it's not a good idea at the beginning of a career to piss off someone who can actually help them. 
Oh my.  Good luck with this.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2020, 11:23:21 PM »

Ouch!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2020, 11:25:18 PM »

Of course, I knew that the show cancellation was inevitable, but that doesn’t make it any easier.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #117 on: June 25, 2020, 11:26:08 PM »

Yikes! :o
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: June 25, 2020, 11:26:09 PM »

Each time I am cast in a show, I worry that it is my last show.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2020, 11:26:53 PM »

Of course, I knew that the show cancellation was inevitable, but that doesn’t make it any easier.

I suppose.  Hopefully, they can reschedule...or did they already propose that?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up