Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY OF THE TENTH ANNIVERSARY SHOW  (Read 2442 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE DAY OF THE TENTH ANNIVERSARY SHOW
« on: September 13, 2020, 12:08:21 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were posted on the day of the tenth anniversary show, and now it is time for you to post until the tenth anniversary cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE DAY OF THE TENTH ANNIVERSARY SHOW
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 12:13:35 AM »

And the word of the day is: DEXTEROUSLY!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 12:23:21 AM »

I finally watched the movie, THE IMPOSSIBLE.  It was harrowing and very powerful.  Naomi Watt got an Oscar nomination.  I thought she was good, but I thought a more impressive performance was turned in by Tom Holland as her son.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 12:29:20 AM »

~~~Vibes for Some Little Miracles Right About Now for BK!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2020, 12:52:00 AM »

And now, I'm off to bed.  Can't wait for the show!!

Have a good day, all!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2020, 04:09:07 AM »

Good morning, all! The East Coast company is alive but barely moving.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2020, 04:15:56 AM »

I had this dream: I was working in midtown, not necessarily the Drama Book Shop because the job was irrelevant here, and I needed to see my doctor for an "intimate" issue.  I made the trip to a distant part of the island to this hospital-clinic, and my usual doctor and nurse were absent.  I was put into a hospital room, and gthis young black woman in a white nurse's uniform checked me over.  Then she told me to take off all my clothes and she was going to check my problem.  I asked about a modesty screen or something and I was told it wasn't necessary.  So I removed all my clothes.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2020, 04:18:20 AM »

Then she checked the problem and left the room.  This large sexually indeterminate figure - looking much like Jabba the Hut - in a white nurses uniform came in, gave me a hospital gown, and took me out into the hall, and spoke to me.  I didn't understand a word.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2020, 04:22:15 AM »

Then the young nurse came out with several small boxes of drugs.  As she started talking to me, her cell phone rang, and she answered it and settled back in her chair to speak to this caller.  It was clearly a personal call, and I waited and waited until I lost patience.  I went back to the hospital room, which now had another patient in a bed surrounded by a lot of family/friends having a good time.  The air was filled with cigarette smoke.  I dressed myself, but when I went for my coat, there were so many other coats in the room I could not find mine.  That's when the alarm rang and I woke.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2020, 04:24:25 AM »

God alone knows what I am doing today.  I do need to take the walker and make a trip to the corner mailbox.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2020, 04:25:12 AM »

That was a lovely post from Adrienne.  I am such an admirer of hers and this post only makes me like her more.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2020, 04:26:31 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Break-a-leg Vibes to BK & Co. tonight!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2020, 04:44:37 AM »

I heard on the news this morning that 2 Los Angeles police officers were shot, and a mob blocked the ambulance from getting them to to hospital.

What's wrong with people?

>:( >:( >:(
You can dream…or you can do.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2020, 05:23:46 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2020, 05:24:13 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Break-a-leg Vibes to BK & Co. tonight!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ditto.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2020, 05:52:04 AM »

I can't tell the cats apart these days because of Annabelle's Covid-19 panic.  She saw this news report on the Kitty Channel that dogs and cats were being killed in China from virus panic.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 06:21:12 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2020, 05:53:01 AM »

Kitty cleanup is finished.  As soon as I make the bed, I will step out to the post box.

ChasSmith

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2020, 06:49:36 AM »

Good morning, all.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2020, 06:52:31 AM »

Small miracle vibes for MR BK.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

ChasSmith

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2020, 06:55:12 AM »

I, too, had one of my "former workplace" dreams, but this one broke the mold. The place had nothing to do with any of my actual former jobs, nor did any of the people in the dream. There was one similarity to common dreams, in that I was walking around the place exploring different rooms and offices, but there was nothing of significance. And the only thing that "happened" was that this group of people was in there to install some more networking equipment or some such, and I was discovering that the heads of the company didn't permit any outsiders - anyone who wasn't a direct employee - to just sit in someone's office while a process or something was running. They had to wait in the lobby, and then come back in to carry on with their work. Weird. Unlikable, and weird.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2020, 06:55:30 AM »

Adverbs are hard and must be handled DEXTEROUSLY.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2020, 06:57:03 AM »

These dreams from DR ELMORE & DR CHAS SMITH were rejected by the Dream-O-Matic 6000.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2020, 06:58:02 AM »

Today is the U.S. Open Men's Final in tennis.....it begins at 4 p.m. so I will miss some of it because of the board meeting.....but it should be over long before 8 p.m. in time for the Anniversary Show!

ChasSmith

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2020, 07:04:25 AM »

And what does my day look like today?

I need to do a little work on programming my keyboard for the way we're going to pull off this Assassins. We're a band of four, and we have no desire to attempt to sound like the twenty or whatever it calls for....so we two keyboardists are keeping our sounds to old-fashioned sounding pianos, calliope, accordion, and the MD plays enough guitar and banjo to fill in with those when appropriate. And that's it. Just us, and bass and drums. And that's easy peasy to set up, which is a blessing.

I'll get some of that done this morning, then I'm going up there at 2:30 to observe their social-distancing piano rehearsal in the parking lot. Most of our original cast and crew from 2015 are involved, which is great, and it'll be good to be out at something resembling a rehearsal for the first time since, um..... well, the very last thing I played after Smorgasbord! closed at the end of February was auditions for another theater's Addams Family in mid-March. So, wow, exactly SIX MONTHS. Unbelievable.

And then, home for food and drink and KRITZERLAND.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2020, 07:06:05 AM »

~~~Vibes for Some Little Miracles Right About Now for BK!!~~~

DITTO,

Jane

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2020, 07:07:01 AM »

Last night I meant our air quality numbers have gone up, not that our air has improved.

Jane

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2020, 07:08:04 AM »

Right now we are at 452.

ChasSmith

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2020, 07:09:34 AM »

That post from Adrienne Stiefel says it all. And she's really exceptional herself.

ChasSmith

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2020, 07:14:54 AM »

Yesterday I stopped into Shop Rite for about a dozen things (and actually kept it to that, which is a miracle). Something I wanted because I hadn't had them in all of these months was:  bagels. Now, bagels are hardly difficult to come by around here, but there are only a couple of places whose bagels are authentic enough for me to want to bother with, and I just happen to have avoided going into either of those jernts. No particular reason, that's just what happened. So anyhoo, I'm in Shop Rite whose bakery department never seems to put out a decent selection of bagels, and yesterday was no different. But a couple of onion bagels looked good, so I bought two of those.

For something to put on them, I had made up my own batch of olive & pimiento spread the other day, and this morning I toasted one of the bagels and enjoyed the spread. Delicious. I need to have bagels more often, and there's no reason not to drop by these other stores that make the great ones, so I shall change my ways a little to accomplish that.

Jane

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2020, 07:18:09 AM »

I heard on the news this morning that 2 Los Angeles police officers were shot, and a mob blocked the ambulance from getting them to to hospital.

What's wrong with people?

>:( >:( >:(

I saw the saw news about the two police officers who were shot while sitting in their car.  I did not read about a mob blocking the ambulance.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up