Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: REUNIONS  (Read 3177 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: REUNIONS
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2020, 08:54:38 AM »

Two!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2020, 08:57:36 AM »

Ask BK:

On castrecl’s chatboard this week, it was discussed that Ghostlight may be giving up the ghost on physical CDs. Downloads only now. Have you ever thought of adding downloads to your Kritzerland lineup? Or going purely digital?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2020, 09:28:37 AM »

I enjoyed reading about the unexpected reunions in the notes.

Jane

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2020, 09:34:10 AM »

From DR TCB:
Starting tomorrow morning we have several large rainstorms coming thru until the weekend.

Is is raining up there?  It is here.  I

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2020, 10:37:47 AM »

I'm not much of a fan of Rex, either, but I do love "Away From You."  There's now a musical called Six, about all of Henry VIII's six wives, which I would think, for the amount of time it plays, gives all six wives short shrift.

I've heard about that, but there's also another musical called Six Wives, that has two women (Alexandra Silber and Judy Kaye on this recording) playing three wives each.  Alexander Gemignani plays Henry VIII.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2020, 10:38:47 AM »

From DR TCB:
Starting tomorrow morning we have several large rainstorms coming thru until the weekend.

It's been raining here in Tumwater for a while.  It started last night...after my sister's boyfriend and I helped my mom with her back yard!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2020, 11:10:22 AM »

I had two wonderful taxi drivers and I am home and happy to be here.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2020, 11:14:44 AM »

I went back to bed to try for a short nap to help make up for my late arrival home last night. As soon as I got settled, there were three phone calls within ten minutes. Fortunately all junk, to be ignored, and even more fortunately, I got to sleep before any others could bother me. I slept about an hour and a half, which got me good and groggy afterwards, and, before awakening, inspired one of my crazy dreams about apparently living in L.A. and having to walk a stretch of Wilshire Blvd. The most interesting thing about the dream was how I envisioned an up-to-date Beverly Hills. Impossible to describe, though.

George

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2020, 11:16:49 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  One of our favorite lecture series at Miami University resumes today - on Zoom, of course - Dr. Tammie Gerke talking about the national parks.  Today's topic:  Mt. Ranier.

That's pretty cool!

George

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2020, 11:17:45 AM »

Ask BK:

On castrecl’s chatboard this week, it was discussed that Ghostlight may be giving up the ghost on physical CDs. Downloads only now. Have you ever thought of adding downloads to your Kritzerland lineup? Or going purely digital?

No!! :'(

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2020, 11:35:34 AM »

Ask BK:

I doubt Ghostlight will do that - they all talk the talk but rarely follow through.  We don't get download rights to things we reissue, so the only thing we could do downloads only would be things we produce ourselves and I think  our crowd still would like CDs.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2020, 11:35:52 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - seven and a half hours of sleep.

Jane

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2020, 11:50:07 AM »

From DR TCB:

It's been raining here in Tumwater for a while.  It started last night...after my sister's boyfriend and I helped my mom with her back yard!

After is always better.

John G.

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2020, 12:12:23 PM »

Ask BK:

I doubt Ghostlight will do that - they all talk the talk but rarely follow through.  We don't get download rights to things we reissue, so the only thing we could do downloads only would be things we produce ourselves and I think  our crowd still would like CDs.

I prefer the physical CD.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2020, 12:14:51 PM »

Jane, good question on Cave of the Yellow Dog.

A little background. The cast is a Mongolian nomad family playing a fictional version of themselves. The dog was a real dog the filmmakers found. He was untrained. After the filming, the family adopted the dog, who does NOT die in the movie.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2020, 12:16:53 PM »

Louisville is on edge today with the Breonna Taylor grand jury charges. They’re boarding up places even in the suburbs.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2020, 12:17:53 PM »

In the comedy department, had an e-mail from a customer that read: When will I receive my show CD?  That's it.  Not when he ordered, not what he ordered, just that.  People are really something sometimes.  So, I find his order, check his tracking, and it was delivered today.  Do you think this guy had the courtesy to send another email to say he'd received it?  Of course not.  That would never occur to these people. 

Jane

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2020, 12:27:39 PM »

A little background. The cast is a Mongolian nomad family playing a fictional version of themselves. The dog was a real dog the filmmakers found. He was untrained. After the filming, the family adopted the dog, who does NOT die in the movie.

Thank you.  I will see if Keith is interested in watching it.  His answer would have been a definite no if the dog died.

John G.

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2020, 12:29:15 PM »

Thank you.  I will see if Keith is interested in watching it.  His answer would have been a definite no if the dog died.

So would mine.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2020, 12:31:08 PM »

Louisville is on edge today with the Breonna Taylor grand jury charges. They’re boarding up places even in the suburbs.

I hope things stay calm.  Aside from being sad, violence only gives more votes to Trump. :(

Jane

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2020, 12:33:05 PM »

In the comedy department, had an e-mail from a customer that read: When will I receive my show CD?  That's it.  Not when he ordered, not what he ordered, just that.  People are really something sometimes.  So, I find his order, check his tracking, and it was delivered today.  Do you think this guy had the courtesy to send another email to say he'd received it?  Of course not.  That would never occur to these people. 

::)

John G.

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2020, 12:33:50 PM »

I have never seen The Seven Percent Solution. I do remember seeing the ads, etc, back in the day, and it just never grabbed me as being something I should run out and see.

I saw it just after it opened, and I remember little about it now except for Regine singing a bit of "I Never Do Anything Twice."

As a kid, I really enjoyed it, except when the special effects during the train fight were less than special. But I haven’t seen it since.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2020, 12:34:18 PM »

So would mine.

Pets should never die.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2020, 12:42:55 PM »

I liked Cave of the Yellow Dog last night.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2020, 12:43:11 PM »

When will I get the CD I ordered?

Jane

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2020, 12:43:43 PM »

I liked Cave of the Yellow Dog last night.

Thanks.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2020, 12:46:18 PM »

The local mailer gave us front page above the fold - unfortunately the headline writer forgot how to spell PUTNAM County.  I guess it could have been worse.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2020, 12:46:55 PM »

Food Pantry county spelled correctly.......

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2020, 12:47:04 PM »

B I G news.   I guess you have to scroll across the get the full effect.  :P

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2020, 01:30:16 PM »

I was once cast as Flute in a Midsummer Night's Dream production that thankfully never opened.  DR Ginny, were you in that?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up