Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LISTS OF THE LISTLESS  (Read 4073 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: THE LISTS OF THE LISTLESS
« Reply #180 on: September 25, 2020, 11:21:52 PM »

Are ring lights supposed to be as big as your head?  I think the one I ordered is suspect. It is pretty small.

No, that is probably right.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #181 on: September 25, 2020, 11:22:35 PM »

After setting up the picture, we just chat with a few more people and basically wait for the memorial service to start.  The Byzantine services are almost all sung, and there's a LOT of incense burned.  They had a guide to the service with the complete text and musical lines for people to sing.  I didn't sing the words, but I hummed all the melodies.  They were very simple and easy to sing, but the father didn't follow along with the melodies printed in the booklet that we got.  He's from the Czech Republic, so maybe they use different melodies.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #182 on: September 25, 2020, 11:23:05 PM »

I am looking forward to the photo of the picture board.

Jane

« Reply #183 on: September 25, 2020, 11:24:45 PM »

After setting up the picture, we just chat with a few more people and basically wait for the memorial service to start.  The Byzantine services are almost all sung, and there's a LOT of incense burned.  They had a guide to the service with the complete text and musical lines for people to sing.  I didn't sing the words, but I hummed all the melodies.  They were very simple and easy to sing, but the father didn't follow along with the melodies printed in the booklet that we got.  He's from the Czech Republic, so maybe they use different melodies.
Interesting

George

« Reply #184 on: September 25, 2020, 11:25:15 PM »

Of course they loved the photos.   I know I do at services.

The one picture that my mom didn't want was their wedding picture that was taken outside of the city hall where they got married.  She thought that everyone would be able to tell that she was pregnant :o but you really have to stare at it to be able to tell.  Several people really liked that picture and commented on what a nice picture it was.  No one mentioned that she might possible look pregnant, so I think that made my mom feel better about that.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #185 on: September 25, 2020, 11:25:40 PM »

Interesting

Either that, or the guy just couldn't sing. ;D

Jane

« Reply #186 on: September 25, 2020, 11:26:33 PM »

I am laughing about the wedding photo..   This is a great story.  How pregnant was she?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 11:30:30 PM by Jane »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #187 on: September 25, 2020, 11:26:49 PM »

First event was fun - just me, answering questions to about 130 Partridge Family fans.  I did that for over an hour, logged out of that one and went right to the other one, via a Zoom-like platform called Streamyard, which is every bit as inept as Zoom.  Terrible sound, freezing, jerky motion, people were disconnected and had to reconnect, clips were jerky - at least that's how it was for me watching on my iPhone.  It was fun, though.  Shirley was there for ten minutes and was VERY sweet.  Danny was funny and especially kind to me and told a funny story that there was a rumor going around during the fourth season that I was being considered to replaced David Cassidy - that seems like a really tall tale but it was really funny.  Lots of good stories and the host did a very good job of it.  But these livestream things have to figure it out better.  Maybe it's because having to have the iPhone where I do my commentary meant I was on Wi-fi rather than hard-wired, but I can't stand the lighting or the camera in the computer to do it there - I look like I'm five hundred years old.

Well?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #188 on: September 25, 2020, 11:27:10 PM »

Interesting

Either that, or the guy just couldn't sing. ;D

That is very possible  ;D

George

« Reply #189 on: September 25, 2020, 11:27:27 PM »

The whole service took a little over an hour.  A few more people came up and talked to us and offered their condolences, too.  I figured that there were maybe a couple dozen people, if that.  I have no idea how many people will be there in the morning.  I printed 50 programs and we brought those tonight.  I'm printing up a few more and we'll bring those tomorrow.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #190 on: September 25, 2020, 11:28:53 PM »

I made some tuna last night, and I’ve been intending to ask what everyone else puts in their tuna salad.

When I have it all here, my traditional things were celery, diced black olives, and diced onions (not too much, even though I love onion). Fresh ground pepper and sea salt to finish. On occasion I’ve been known to add a pinch of curry powder.

Recently, though, in lieu of all that, I’ve just mixed in some sweet relish (a sugar-free one), which I’d never done before in all of these years, and it’s delicious. I’m not sure that the relish would be compatible with those other more savory items, so I consider these to be alternatives.

What else should I be trying?

I’m a purist, just a touch of mayo and a squirt of lemon.

But no tuna?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #191 on: September 25, 2020, 11:29:27 PM »

What time in the morning is the service?

Jane

« Reply #192 on: September 25, 2020, 11:30:49 PM »

First event was fun - just me, answering questions to about 130 Partridge Family fans.  I did that for over an hour, logged out of that one and went right to the other one, via a Zoom-like platform called Streamyard, which is every bit as inept as Zoom.  Terrible sound, freezing, jerky motion, people were disconnected and had to reconnect, clips were jerky - at least that's how it was for me watching on my iPhone.  It was fun, though.  Shirley was there for ten minutes and was VERY sweet.  Danny was funny and especially kind to me and told a funny story that there was a rumor going around during the fourth season that I was being considered to replaced David Cassidy - that seems like a really tall tale but it was really funny.  Lots of good stories and the host did a very good job of it.  But these livestream things have to figure it out better.  Maybe it's because having to have the iPhone where I do my commentary meant I was on Wi-fi rather than hard-wired, but I can't stand the lighting or the camera in the computer to do it there - I look like I'm five hundred years old.

Well?

;D

George

« Reply #193 on: September 25, 2020, 11:31:15 PM »

It' starts at 9:00.  Ugh.  My mom wants me to get to her house by 8:00 (there WILL be wiggle room ;) ), and we'll probably leave between 8:15 and 8:30.  I don't know how long this liturgy will take, but we'll stay for the duration.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #194 on: September 25, 2020, 11:32:01 PM »

I am waiting to hear how the church service was.

It was really nice.  We get there and meet the father and his wife.  In the Byzantine church, the priests can marry.  They all were really nice and offered their condolences.  I don't remember anyone's names, but that's not unusual. ;)

I like that the priests can marry.

I am sure the priests like it even more than you do.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #195 on: September 25, 2020, 11:32:10 PM »

Then, we'll go home and eat!

George

« Reply #196 on: September 25, 2020, 11:33:58 PM »

We're also going to have the military service with them playing Taps and the flag-folding ceremony, but there won't be any firing of the guns.  My mom said that they're not doing that because of Covid.  My niece is VERY happy about that, with her ears and all.

Jane

« Reply #197 on: September 25, 2020, 11:34:02 PM »

Will there be mostly a memorial service tomorrow with family sharing memories or a religious service again?

Jane

« Reply #198 on: September 25, 2020, 11:35:21 PM »

I am waiting to hear how the church service was.

It was really nice.  We get there and meet the father and his wife.  In the Byzantine church, the priests can marry.  They all were really nice and offered their condolences.  I don't remember anyone's names, but that's not unusual. ;)

I like that the priests can marry.

I am sure the priests like it even more than you do.

I expect so :)

Jane

« Reply #199 on: September 25, 2020, 11:36:57 PM »

We're also going to have the military service with them playing Taps and the flag-folding ceremony, but there won't be any firing of the guns.  My mom said that they're not doing that because of Covid.  My niece is VERY happy about that, with her ears and all.

I am glad for your niece.  Will this be inside the church?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #200 on: September 25, 2020, 11:37:41 PM »

I assume tonight was just a mass for your father.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #201 on: September 25, 2020, 11:38:45 PM »

It' starts at 9:00.  Ugh.  My mom wants me to get to her house by 8:00 (there WILL be wiggle room ;) ), and we'll probably leave between 8:15 and 8:30.  I don't know how long this liturgy will take, but we'll stay for the duration.

I guess that answers my question about the religious portion if the service.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 11:42:42 PM by Jane »

George

« Reply #202 on: September 25, 2020, 11:40:15 PM »

Will there be mostly a memorial service tomorrow with family sharing memories or a religious service again?

Tonight's was specifically a memorial service, and tomorrow's service is a liturgy, which is a mass.  I don't know what will be different, other than the military portion.

Jane

« Reply #203 on: September 25, 2020, 11:40:28 PM »

George I will be thinking about you and your family tomorrow.

George

« Reply #204 on: September 25, 2020, 11:40:38 PM »

I assume tonight was just a mass for your father.

Yes, that's correct.

George

« Reply #205 on: September 25, 2020, 11:40:48 PM »

George I will be thinking about you and your family tomorrow.

Thanks, Jane. :)

Jane

« Reply #206 on: September 25, 2020, 11:41:46 PM »

Tonight's was specifically a memorial service, and tomorrow's service is a liturgy, which is a mass.  I don't know what will be different, other than the military portion.

I was confused thinking tonight was the religious service.

George

« Reply #207 on: September 25, 2020, 11:43:35 PM »

My sister found a couple of pictures of my dad that we put on the cover of the program that we put together.  I combined them into one file:

George

« Reply #208 on: September 25, 2020, 11:44:22 PM »

I was confused thinking tonight was the religious service.

Yes, tonight's was a religious service.  I guess tomorrow's will be to, but will have other stuff happening, too.  Just a guess.

Jane

« Reply #209 on: September 25, 2020, 11:49:03 PM »

My sister found a couple of pictures of my dad that we put on the cover of the program that we put together.  I combined them into one file:

This is why I like photos at a service.  You get to see people at different stages of their life.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up