Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: FOR THE LOVE OF ART  (Read 3180 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
FOR THE LOVE OF ART
« on: October 11, 2020, 12:27:55 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had the love of art, and now it is time for you to post until the artful cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: FOR THE LOVE OF ART
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 12:28:32 AM »

And the word of the day is: ROISTER!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 12:38:13 AM »

I'm pretty excited about tonight's Backstage at Kritzerland!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 12:39:19 AM »

I have no specific plans today, so I don't think I'll leave my house at all.  If I do, it probably won't be for very long, but I'll definitely be here for the streaming!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 12:56:05 AM »

Off to bed.

Have a good day, all!

ChasSmith

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 08:52:44 AM »

Glory Hallelujah, we're up!

In comparing notes with DR Elmore, I know the site's been inaccessible for at least four and half hours, i.e. since 7:15 eastern this morning.

ChasSmith

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2020, 08:52:54 AM »

So...

Good morning, all!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2020, 08:59:13 AM »

I’ve been unsuccessful to get on all morning too.  Kept getting ‘data base error” message
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

ChasSmith

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2020, 08:59:51 AM »

Last night DR George posted:
I didn't know that you could upload personal pics to Amazon!

I didn't either. Never heard of this. It says you get 5GB of storage, so that could be useful.

I'm just trying to figure out why someone would use that. Easy access for uploaders and others alike? Can you create "albums" and limit what's accessible to everyone? I might check into it sometime, but no rush.

ChasSmith

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2020, 09:02:06 AM »

I’ve been unsuccessful to get on all morning too.  Kept getting ‘data base error” message

In case it's of any help at this point (probably not, since it's fixed), the exact message was

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2020, 09:06:06 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2020, 09:07:23 AM »

I was reading page 6 of yesterday's notes when the site went down at 7:10 Eastern Daylight Time this morning.  Nice tro see it back up.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2020, 09:21:03 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2020, 09:21:23 AM »

Glad to be able to connect.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2020, 09:25:46 AM »

Thanks for uploading that full, glorious photo, DR George.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2020, 09:26:00 AM »

I have ordered a deck of Phase 10 cards.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2020, 09:28:12 AM »

There is a digital stream version of Bernard Hermann's opera, Wuthering Heights, from MN Opera available at:
https://my.mnopera.org/wuthering-heights
It is pay-what-you-wish, as long as what you wish is at least $15. Unlimited viewing for the next 2 weeks.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2020, 09:29:14 AM »

And let me add to the sentiments of joy that HHW is back up and running.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2020, 09:29:27 AM »

Looking forward to Kritzerland this evening.

ChasSmith

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2020, 09:49:02 AM »

There is a digital stream version of Bernard Hermann's opera, Wuthering Heights, from MN Opera available at:
https://my.mnopera.org/wuthering-heights
It is pay-what-you-wish, as long as what you wish is at least $15. Unlimited viewing for the next 2 weeks.

Thank you, DR singdaw!

I wonder what their reasoning is in making the "pay what you want" minimum only $10 and up for ages 21-45. Aren't such discounts normally directed toward, say, students and seniors? Hmmm...

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2020, 10:19:09 AM »

I have a question regarding book ratings on Amazon.  My cousin wrote a book called #80: And Other Dog Stories, #80 referring to the identification number of a dog she rescued.

After reading my cousin's post on FB today I am confused about the ratings.  I thought Amazon was rather strict and only those that purchased the books from Amazon could give them a rating.  Maybe, someone/Bruce can explain this to me.

"As much as I would love it, not everyone is going to like me our like what I do. That is a fact. So today when I looked and saw I had a 3 star review on Goodreads, I had a sad face. It goes along with a 4 star review on Goodreads. Goodreads is owned by Amazon, so those stars appear on Amazon.  73 five stars, a 4 star and a 3 star.  The 4 star person was kind enough to write something and I appreciate those words. 3 star person, not one word. It is hard to learn to improve without a few words.
So, I have a frowny face this morning. But there is nothing I can do about it. I am not going to re-write the book (although I seriously thought about it) It does not discount the 73 fantastic reviews. Some are not going to like my book and that is going to have to be OK."

Laura

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2020, 10:25:30 AM »

Good morning.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2020, 10:26:09 AM »

I want to know if Sasha has a loud purr, and is she generous with it? Does she cuddle?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2020, 10:36:49 AM »

From DR TCB

What details would you like?  She was a stray that was brought to Animal Rescue, because they are the largest no-kill shelter in Washington.  She was already fixed when she was found.  The first place that found her named her Sasha.  I like the name, so I guess I will keep it.

This does answer my question, if you responded earlier I missed it, regarding her name.  I didn't realize she had been found already spayed.

You have mentioned she cuddles, but not the extent of her cuddling.  I also like DR Laura's question about her purr.

Does she follow you around and jump in your lap a lot?

What toys does Sasha like to play with?

It sounds as if she has adjusted easily.  Is this true?

Jane

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2020, 10:37:07 AM »

DR TCB, we want to know everything ;)

Jennifer

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2020, 10:58:37 AM »

I have a question regarding book ratings on Amazon.  My cousin wrote a book called #80: And Other Dog Stories, #80 referring to the identification number of a dog she rescued.

After reading my cousin's post on FB today I am confused about the ratings.  I thought Amazon was rather strict and only those that purchased the books from Amazon could give them a rating.  Maybe, someone/Bruce can explain this to me.

"As much as I would love it, not everyone is going to like me our like what I do. That is a fact. So today when I looked and saw I had a 3 star review on Goodreads, I had a sad face. It goes along with a 4 star review on Goodreads. Goodreads is owned by Amazon, so those stars appear on Amazon.  73 five stars, a 4 star and a 3 star.  The 4 star person was kind enough to write something and I appreciate those words. 3 star person, not one word. It is hard to learn to improve without a few words.
So, I have a frowny face this morning. But there is nothing I can do about it. I am not going to re-write the book (although I seriously thought about it) It does not discount the 73 fantastic reviews. Some are not going to like my book and that is going to have to be OK."

No you can review a book on amazon without buying it on amazon. But you need to have spent a certain amount of money on amazon.

Goodreads reviews and ratings are completely separate from amazon reviews. Many people can review on one or the other. They don't transfer.

Jennifer

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2020, 11:02:44 AM »

DR Jane, continuing from above about your cousin's book.  The problem on goodreads is that a person could accidentally click on a low number of stars without even reading the book.  And also lots of people only rate books on goodreads without reviewing them.  But I personally wouldn't make too much of it.

John G.

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2020, 11:16:51 AM »

Down by the sea lived a lonesome ROISTER,
Every day getting sadder and moister ...
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2020, 11:19:38 AM »

Got a pot of mushroom lentil soup on the stove. Smells wonderful. Used some very fragrant porcini mushroom bouillon I had.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2020, 11:19:51 AM »

One more.
― Voltaire
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up