Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: IT'S DECEMBER  (Read 2805 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: IT'S DECEMBER
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2020, 02:39:49 PM »

Maybe they haven't gotten results yet.  I'm not concerned if that's what you're wondering.  We were all in masks and not near each other.  The only time masks were removed was when the actors had to play the scene.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2020, 02:47:36 PM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  At noon today I'll be Zooming to the book discussion hosted by the director of the library where my career began.  I only got about one third of the way through Eric Larson's The Splendid and the Vile.  I just wasn't in the mood for surging fascism last month - go figure.

Ha! How un-American of you. Wink, wink. 
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2020, 02:51:46 PM »

Thank you, DR Donald, for the Broadway Radio Hour reminder!
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

John G.

« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2020, 02:51:52 PM »

My dance instructor/partner took her husband (my former personal Chinese chef) to the hospital last night because he had lost 15 pounds over the last three weeks. His doctor said his blood tests came back normal. But the hospital said he has pneumonia and should have been treated a week ago. Today, he was diagnosed with covid. Not a pretty picture.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2020, 02:53:21 PM »

Churchill's leadership during the war...  He inspired the people to stay strong and do what was necessary while understanding the hardships.

What a stark difference to the current climate. Sad.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2020, 02:54:38 PM »

That is awful news, DR John G.

~~~SUPER-STRENGTH HEALTH & HEALING VIBES~~~ for him!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2020, 02:55:37 PM »

BREAKING NEWS:

Anyone Can Whistle has landed.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2020, 02:56:53 PM »

I am sorry the album producer decided to "drive the message home" in the liner notes with photos of the current administration to outline the story parallels.

Totally unnecessary.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2020, 03:01:45 PM »

You've heard of the Elf on a Shelf?  (I know DR John G. has!)

Well, here's a bellini on Fellini!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2020, 03:02:16 PM »

Hello, 1 Guest!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2020, 03:03:44 PM »

Another thing that arrived today was "The Operas of Benjamin Britten," which amongst other things contains the complete libretti of all of Britten's operas. Which is great, as these were left out of the Britten box set.

John G.

« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2020, 03:15:48 PM »

Laura Benanti is a national treasure. But the Charlie Brown Christmas special spoof had me in tears
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2020, 03:20:53 PM »

BREAKING NEWS:

Anyone Can Whistle has landed.

And still nobody has posted a word about the quality of said Whistle.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2020, 03:21:25 PM »

Another thing that arrived today was "The Operas of Benjamin Britten," which amongst other things contains the complete libretti of all of Britten's operas. Which is great, as these were left out of the Britten box set.

Does it have Paul Bunyan in it?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2020, 03:23:10 PM »

You've heard of the Elf on a Shelf?  (I know DR John G. has!)

Well, here's a bellini on Fellini!

That is beyond wonderful. Would you put baloney on Antonioni? Or Fran Kublik on Kubrick? Silver Bells on Orson Welles?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2020, 03:26:07 PM »

I need a little silly. It's been one of those days.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2020, 03:26:54 PM »

Magoo's Christmas Carol is up soon. Three very different Christmas Carols in a row. Maybe I'll make a fourth with A Carol Christmas. So many possibilities.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2020, 03:30:17 PM »

George did you pay to open an account with the Sno-Isle Libraries?  It seems to be a foundation.

No.  I just created an account and they sent me a library card number. :-\ Maybe the link I posted is not where I actually did it.  It was only a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't get any e-mail or information about a foundation.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2020, 03:37:43 PM »

Does it have Paul Bunyan in it?

It does, indeed. Hooray, Auden!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2020, 03:38:32 PM »

Laura Benanti is a national treasure.

Agreed.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2020, 03:39:37 PM »

Would you put baloney on Antonioni? Or Fran Kublik on Kubrick? Silver Bells on Orson Welles?

Just try an' stop me!       ;D

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2020, 03:49:08 PM »

Magoo's Christmas Carol is up soon. Three very different Christmas Carols in a row. Maybe I'll make a fourth with A Carol Christmas. So many possibilities.

Have you seen a Muppet Christmas Carol yet this year?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2020, 03:54:57 PM »

Maybe they haven't gotten results yet.  I'm not concerned if that's what you're wondering.  We were all in masks and not near each other.  The only time masks were removed was when the actors had to play the scene.

Odds are good you won't catch it even if someone tests positive.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2020, 03:56:28 PM »

My dance instructor/partner took her husband (my former personal Chinese chef) to the hospital last night because he had lost 15 pounds over the last three weeks. His doctor said his blood tests came back normal. But the hospital said he has pneumonia and should have been treated a week ago. Today, he was diagnosed with covid. Not a pretty picture.

Oh no. 

GET WELL VIBES FOR YOUR FORMER PERSONAL CHEF!

Jane

« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2020, 03:56:54 PM »

Churchill's leadership during the war...  He inspired the people to stay strong and do what was necessary while understanding the hardships.

What a stark difference to the current climate. Sad.

Yes. :(

Jane

« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2020, 03:58:32 PM »

George did you pay to open an account with the Sno-Isle Libraries?  It seems to be a foundation.

No.  I just created an account and they sent me a library card number. :-\ Maybe the link I posted is not where I actually did it.  It was only a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't get any e-mail or information about a foundation.

I went back in and found where I had to chose a library.  I passed not even knowing where these libraries are.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2020, 04:02:48 PM »

No one on Facebook will publish anything but drooling raves of Anyone Can Whistle because if they do this relentless little producer will go after them, shame them, and post every great review, which he tubthumps 100 times a day on every Broadway related group - they should just rename them all the John Yap group.  When Follies came out and got the same exact raves from everyone, I don't believe I made more than a single post in two groups about it.  This guy is either so needy as to beggar belief or he's just a little, well, needy, I guess there's no other word for it.  Twenty four YEARS to birth this thing.  And from the two songs I've heard, I certainly wasn't crazy about the sound, the mix, but no one will talk about that because they don't understand that stuff.  And of course everyone is just so happy to have a complete version, although the OBC wasn't exactly short.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2020, 04:04:12 PM »

Ribs were absolutely amazing - I looked up the calories for a half-rack and it's not bad at all.

George

« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2020, 04:28:54 PM »

DR George, wow, to your saving the library book.

Thanks!  I had to do something...I just couldn't wait at least another 8 weeks before I could get another copy from ANY of the libraries where I have online cards!  And I didn't want to pay for it. ::)

One advantage of two accounts is putting a hold on both accounts, and then I was next up for the book if I didn't finish in time, not that I needed that option very often.

Exactly!  Except that now, I have FOUR accounts from which to choose! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2020, 04:29:18 PM »

Oh, no!

~~~Vibes for John's Dance Instructor/Partner's Husband!!~~~
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up