Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: LESSON LEARNED  (Read 2878 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
LESSON LEARNED
« on: January 04, 2021, 12:07:29 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes learned their lesson, and now it is time for you to post until the learned cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: LESSON LEARNED
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 12:09:13 AM »

And the word of the day is: WINDFALL!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 12:20:12 AM »

SPOO!!  I fell asleep on top of my bed last night and all the lights were still on. ::) It happens.  I don't plan to be up much longer because it's a work day and I'll actually have to work at work. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 12:45:27 AM »

And now, it's bed time.

Have a good day, all!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 12:54:11 AM »

Got a couple of good ideas in the shower and wrote more pages, - twelve, so I'm good with twelve.  If I'm feeling it, I might do one or two more before bed at two.  Right now, listening to Saint-Saens' Samson and Delila - some really pretty music and a couple of instantly recognizable "hits."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 12:55:10 AM »

And some beautiful choral work.  The aria that's playing now is quite a famous tune: Mon Cœur S'ouvre À Ta Voix

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 03:51:42 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 03:53:29 AM »

I'm having some problems this morning with my left leg, which every so often decides it no longer wants to support me, but so far I've been lucky to hold onto something secure before I fall.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2021, 03:54:27 AM »

I slept well, and I had a long dream I remembered clearly an hour ago, and now it's a blank.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2021, 03:57:28 AM »

I did stay up too late with CNN and MSNBC listening to commentators about that asshat Trump's latest attempt to interfere in the election.  My hatred for this inept too-stupid-to-succeed mafia don has surpassed my loathing and detestation of our AIDS president Ronald Reagan, rotten actor and scumbag politician.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2021, 04:01:22 AM »

Well, game leg or not, I still must do laundry, and I assembled everything yesterday afternoon. I've got to continue with Oh, Boy!, but I'm forming the opinion that the missing viola part I am creating never existed and the Australian pit only held violins, celli, and bass. If at least one viola part existed, I'd admit IU was wrong, but so far, nothing.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2021, 04:02:31 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Continued Vibes for DRs TCB and vixmom!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2021, 04:04:12 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Filming Vibes for BK!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2021, 04:18:18 AM »

I've always thought I was a pretty good arranger and orchestrator although my insecurity kept me from pushing myself, unlike another on this site, but when I began work on the Packard Humanities Institute Musical Theatre Project in 2001, I had to write reports: status, critiques, discoveries, etc.  Most of them dealt with Babes in Toyland, since that was the primary focus of work between 2003 and 2007.  Suddenly, people of the project who were getting my reports began complimenting me on my writing. Coming from people whose writing I respected, like Robert Kimball, I was happily surprised.

During my time at Encores!, Joshie frequently told me I needed to write a book, so I started a desktop folder "Letters To Joshie," which contains comments on my family, paranormal experiences, things I've learned working on musical theatre reconstruction, opinions, etc. and that led to a memoir of my first 33 years, which a few people have read, but I wrote it during a lot of health and financial issues, 2016-2017, and it's very bitter and self-pitying.  I consider it a good exercise, and no more.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2021, 04:22:05 AM »

Don't sell yourself short, DR elmore3003.  You're an excellent writer.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2021, 04:23:31 AM »

I didn't eat any mini-cupcakes, but I only got about 4 hours of sleep last night. Not nearly enough, heading into a full day of work.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2021, 04:27:15 AM »

In 2017, I adopted Annabelle and Thatch, and I did very good work and made very good money on the Encores! production of The New Yorkers. We also recorded a still-unreleased demo of Moonshine & Mistletoe, which I thought would bring steady income (https://soundcloud.com/user5614139/01-opening_sing-all-men-mix3), and my mood lifted.  I started writing Annabelle and Thatch stories, and I've written what I think is a really good children's story for adults.  The original draft was a dud with submissions to literary agents, but this pandemic and my lack of work gave me March-October to revise it, and, thanks to comments from several wonderful DRs, I think it's much better.

What have I learned about writing? I'm better than I think I am and I prefer to edit, revise, and rewrite rather than consider it camera ready. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 04:46:59 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2021, 04:27:53 AM »

Don't sell yourself short, DR elmore3003.  You're an excellent writer.

Thank you.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2021, 04:28:27 AM »

I didn't eat any mini-cupcakes, but I only got about 4 hours of sleep last night. Not nearly enough, heading into a full day of work.

Are you going to tell us why?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2021, 04:30:18 AM »

When I was grinding out choral arrangements, 1982-1998, I would proofread my manuscript several times before I turned it over to the chorus. At the first rehearsal, there would always be one or two glaring errors I missed.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2021, 04:31:19 AM »

BK, I love Samson and Delila! Which recording are you listening to?

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2021, 04:35:09 AM »

Are you going to tell us why?

I wish I knew, so I could avoid whatever it is.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2021, 04:35:26 AM »

Is that a lesson not learned?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2021, 04:37:12 AM »

Snoopy sounds like Annabelle.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 04:41:09 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2021, 04:37:55 AM »

Is that a lesson not learned?

I don't think we ever learn! Where have all the flowers gone?

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2021, 04:42:20 AM »

I really think the Georgia runoffs are going to come down to just a few hundred votes. Again.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2021, 04:47:52 AM »

I really think the Georgia runoffs are going to come down to just a few hundred votes. Again.

I'll be on pills and needles till it's over.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2021, 05:03:11 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2021, 05:04:06 AM »

It’s a little too early to think about lessons.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2021, 05:04:21 AM »

Let’s move on...
― Voltaire
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up