Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: LESSON LEARNED  (Read 2915 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: LESSON LEARNED
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2021, 03:00:22 PM »

I hate those.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2021, 03:07:06 PM »

I just managed to give myself a nasty paper cut. Fortunately, it is not bleeding profusely.

Last week, I got a paper cut...from cardboard! :o Fortunately, it didn't bleed too much.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2021, 03:07:17 PM »

Wow, Tanya Roberts is still alive.  Her husband/partner (?) thought she has died.   I hope she pulls through ok.

What??  I found this article:

Tanya Roberts Is Still Alive, Despite Reports of Her Death
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2021, 03:07:49 PM »

That's just like when people thought that Abe Vigoda had been dead for a long time...then he really died. :-\ Hopefully, she won't for a very long time!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 03:09:46 PM by George »

Jane

« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2021, 03:12:46 PM »

I just managed to give myself a nasty paper cut. Fortunately, it is not bleeding profusely.

Last week, I got a paper cut...from cardboard! :o Fortunately, it didn't bleed too much.

I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago.  I think that was a first for me and was rather surprised by it ;D

Jane

« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2021, 03:14:36 PM »

That's just like when people thought that Abe Vigoda had been dead for a long time...then he really died. :-\ Hopefully, she won't for a very long time!

But either her boyfriend is very strange, or the poor guy thinking she died... “As I held her in her last moments, she opened her eyes.”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2021, 03:16:23 PM »

This Tanya Roberts thing is sickening.  So, she's alive now?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2021, 03:18:13 PM »

Back from the most irritating travels.  First stop, Union Bank, huge line.  That one took forty minutes. Next stop, Bank of America. Lines out the door and halfway down the block - thankfully, the business line was much shorter and actually in the bank, so I did that and THAT took almost another forty minutes or more.  Apparently, every BofA in the Valley is closed but Studio City.

TCB

• Because I can!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2021, 03:20:33 PM »

We normally have our masks around our necks when we walk, pulling them up as needed.  Today we passed an unmasked woman walking a very nice black & white Siberian Husky.  As we were on a narrow stretch of sidewalk we moved into the quiet street to keep our distance.

Jane

« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2021, 03:20:48 PM »

The woman looked at us, pointed to her dog and said he is very friendly.  After a moment, probably with my mouth hanging open, I responded we were avoiding covid, or something like that.  I also waved my arm to indicate distance needed.

Jane

« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2021, 03:20:54 PM »

Keith said if she was that clueless she was someone to avoid.

Jane

« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2021, 03:21:35 PM »

Of course if we really had moved to avoid her dog, telling us he was friendly would not have mattered ;D

Jane

« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2021, 03:23:45 PM »

This Tanya Roberts thing is sickening.  So, she's alive now?

Yes, according to Cedars-Sinai.  I wish they would release a statement now.

Jane

« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2021, 03:24:31 PM »

I should have said the boyfriend said Cedars said she was still alive ;)

Jane

« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2021, 03:25:26 PM »

It really is sad though because it doesn't sound as if she is going to live :(

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2021, 03:25:44 PM »

I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago.  I think that was a first for me and was rather surprised by it ;D

When I was opening up a package of plastic wrap, I went to run my finger along the inside to break the seal.... it was the wrong side and I ended up running my finger along the steal serrated edge where you cut off the plastic wrap.  There may be a scar...

ChasSmith

« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2021, 03:33:36 PM »

When I was opening up a package of plastic wrap, I went to run my finger along the inside to break the seal.... it was the wrong side and I ended up running my finger along the steal serrated edge where you cut off the plastic wrap.  There may be a scar...

I find those serrated edges really dangerous.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2021, 03:39:42 PM »

DR Matthew, I think you are lucky there are no stitches.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2021, 04:10:30 PM »

The songwriter of that Christmas Carol thing would have absolutely been aware of our show - he contributed to LA Now and Then and went to LACC.  There is NO way he didn't know. But what can you do.

Jane

« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2021, 04:13:52 PM »

That is a BIG ouch!

Jane

« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2021, 04:18:36 PM »

That was a first.  Keith had an Amber Alert on his computer.  It blared a number of times, plus he could not use his computer until they were done with the alerts, all for the same person.  I didn't get one on my computer.

George or Tom, did you?  It is for a 15 year old girl in Yakima.

George

« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2021, 04:51:29 PM »

That was a first.  Keith had an Amber Alert on his computer.  It blared a number of times, plus he could not use his computer until they were done with the alerts, all for the same person.  I didn't get one on my computer.

I got it on my phone.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2021, 05:06:00 PM »

A Jeopardy clue tonight was about an ananym, a word made from spelling another word backwards. Spoo.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2021, 05:09:36 PM »

Rowan Atkinson is not Maigret. Watched five minutes of an episode. Will need to read a novel or two to get rid of that blah taste.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2021, 05:11:05 PM »

I got it on my phone.

Awhile back, while trying to stop the blaring, I somehow shut them down completely.

George

« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2021, 05:12:19 PM »

I got it on my phone.

Awhile back, while trying to stop the blaring, I somehow shut them down completely.

I didn't hear the noise.  I had my sound turned off, so I only felt the vibrating.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2021, 05:29:50 PM »

I'm quite over this day.  I did finesse yesterday's writing, but haven't even started on today's - I'm gonna have to tell everyone that nothing's getting done until after five so I can at least do half of what I'm trying to do every day.

Jane

« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2021, 06:33:17 PM »

I got it on my phone.

I didn't hear the noise.  I had my sound turned off, so I only felt the vibrating.

That helps.

Jane

« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2021, 06:33:44 PM »

I rarely feel my phone vibrating.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up