Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BRAVE NEW WORLD  (Read 3363 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
BRAVE NEW WORLD
« on: January 15, 2021, 01:14:29 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were brave new notes, and now it is time for you to post until the brave new cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: BRAVE NEW WORLD
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 01:15:11 AM »

And the word of the day is: ERGO!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 02:14:46 AM »

Sixteen pages, I think. Almost ready for bed.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 03:05:35 AM »

Although bk didn't explicitly say so, it sounds like Project One is now "in the can," as they say.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 03:05:58 AM »

Congratulations!
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 03:06:37 AM »

Like DR John G., I too have a long weekend commencing.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021, 03:49:22 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2021, 03:51:41 AM »

I woke around 1:30 and every joint in my body ached.  I thought, if I feel like this in the morning, I'll reschedule my appointment.  I actually don't feel poorly at the moment, so I'll head down to 22nd Street around 9:00 or so.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2021, 03:53:15 AM »

I, too, like DRs TCB and JohnG, question sweet chili.  I like having kidney, pinto, or black beans in the mix.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2021, 03:53:31 AM »

~~~TRAVEL VIBES~~~ for DR elmore3003!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2021, 03:54:10 AM »

There are a lot of folks out there untethered to reality.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2021, 03:54:27 AM »

Continued vibes for DRs TCB and vixmom!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2021, 03:54:36 AM »

And the Internet abets them.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2021, 03:56:13 AM »

~~~TRAVEL VIBES~~~ for DR elmore3003!

Thanks! It's the managing the lobby steps coming and going that is the bane of my existence.  Once I get to a taxi, I can relax.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2021, 05:19:10 AM »

Although bk didn't explicitly say so, it sounds like Project One is now "in the can," as they say.

Excellent news!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2021, 05:49:50 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2021, 05:50:11 AM »

There are a lot of folks out there untethered to reality.

Way too many.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2021, 05:50:55 AM »

I don’t wanna get up.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2021, 05:51:06 AM »

But I gotta.
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2021, 06:33:26 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2021, 06:38:10 AM »

The little backache I "discovered" early yesterday morning persisted, and I tossed and turned again last night trying to maintain comfortable sleeping positions. The most reliable one seems to be laying directly on the rib or muscle area that got pulled or whatever. I've had this kind of thing before, and there's nothing to do but enjoy a few painkillers and let it heal.

ChasSmith

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2021, 06:41:45 AM »

I, for one, am waiting with bated breath to hear about Project THREE.

ChasSmith

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2021, 06:52:14 AM »

When I made that batch of Sloppy Joes a couple of months ago, I ran out of buns before running out of the mix and I ended up eating the remainder of it with a spoon. Which was HEAVEN.

I love that kind of mix and texture anyway, but the reason I'm mentioning it is that it occurred to me then that it was immensely satisfying in a way that eating a good chili is satisfying, and that would most definitely be a sweet chili. Does that mean I'd like an actual sweet chili? No idea. But the one thing that attending a couple of chili cook-offs has taught me is that you don't know until you try something.

Because like I said yesterday (was it yesterday?), the range of chili possibilities is endless. I need to try more different ones than I do, and I'm already pretty adventurous when it comes to that. I look to the day, post-Covid, when the contests can start up again.

ChasSmith

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2021, 07:03:05 AM »

As for the question of beans...

DR JohnG.'s loathing of kidney beans is well taken. I'd say they're the most pedestrian and boring of beans. I, like most people, grew up eating them by themselves and in various and sundry things. But almost every other bean in existence is more interesting and more tasty. DR Elmore suggested pinto or black beans for chili, and I'm down with that.

By the way, I'm afraid I don't take the trouble to cook beans myself. I buy what I need in a can. That's probably silly, but there it is.

Anyhoo, one that I like at Shop Rite is a can of "small red beans" which I think are much like pinto beans. I use those with my Skyline Chili mixes for Cincinnati chili. (The Cincinnati chili places do NOT use kidney beans at their locations, in spite of people's copycat recipes that call for them.)

I'll take my chili with or without beans, I won't object either way, but I'm definitely not averse to having them. For me, chili is a "pot" of "things", and including beans is fitting.

ChasSmith

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2021, 07:03:15 AM »

Are we still talking about chili?

ChasSmith

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2021, 07:07:33 AM »

I have nothing to report for the TOD yet.

I can say that I've been enjoying watching Kristi's new DVD set of Quantum Leap with her and Nathan over the past couple of weeks. I never saw that when it aired, so it's all new to me. It's entertaining in that 1980s formula way, and a few episodes here and there are especially good.

ChasSmith

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2021, 07:15:50 AM »

That show, by the way, has resulted in my seeing Dean Stockwell more than I ever saw him in my life, and I have to say I really like him. The lead, Scott Bakula, is very good, too, and I've mostly only known him from his recent years on NCIS New Orleans.

(I'm also always in danger of thinking of him as Scott "Blacula". Even though I never saw that movie (to my knowledge), it's such an iconic name that anything similar makes me think of it.)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2021, 08:33:29 AM »

Quantum Leap is on the Comet station every night at 6 p.m. EST so now and then I watch an episode.....yes as DR CHAS SMITH wrote some of the episodes are very good.

I have liked Dean Stockwell since COMPULSION so I enjoy him in the show.  I also like his brother Guy Stockwell especially in a remake of BEAU GESTE which also starred Telly Savalas.  Not a patch on the original and very Universal Television Like......but it's a wonderful story.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2021, 08:35:50 AM »

I have been a gadabout this morning.  I went to the bank - along with everyone else in town - to convert my stimulus to cash.  I put it in a special place so that I have spending cash at hand.

The I went to Ollie's because they had a hair clipper set for $5.99....and when my sister cuts my hair she won't have to schelp her own equipment over.

I was going to visit my Uncle, but he didn't get much sleep last night and wanted to postpone the visit for a couple of days.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2021, 08:38:13 AM »

My thoughts on trying to heal the country:

Hey, Republicans, TV hosts, and lawyers - if ALL of you would just say that you LIED about the ELECTION being stolen, they might believe you.  It might help if you tell them they were LIED to and USED.

Of course the Liar In Chief will never do that - too much money to be made.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up