Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: A GENERAL MALAISE  (Read 29812 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
A GENERAL MALAISE
« on: November 07, 2003, 12:06:49 AM »

Whilst we are all propagating, let us post until the cows come home as we get ready for our huge Sunday celebration.  If you haven't read the notes, please do so - if you haven't propagated yet you'll just have to do one little click to be redirected to the new server - once there, read notes and click as usual after them to come back to the discussion board (at our new home).
« Last Edit: November 08, 2003, 12:26:12 AM by bk »

Donna

• It's never too late.
    • Cabaret West
Re:A GENERAL MALAISE
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2003, 12:40:17 AM »

Hi Ron!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2003, 12:40:26 AM »

I'm so confused.  Is this where I'm supposed to be?
 :(

I'm the only one here...online...at this time.

And there's almost always a few right after midnight.

Alas, alack, achoo.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2003, 12:41:21 AM »

Hi, Donna.  Thank goodness someone else is online.  

I thought I was at a dead end and there was a whole 'nother board I should be at.

Oddly enough, I read BK's notes, clicked at the bottom of them, and found myself on a strange page directing me to "log in."  It wouldn't accept anything from me.

All's well that ends well, however.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2003, 12:43:49 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2003, 02:43:16 AM »

Okay. I reset my bookmark and had to log in again - but at last things are fine!   :)

Friday at last.

In my CD player JEEPERS CREEPERS!

In my DVD player THE TOWERING INFERNO.

In my VCR THE ROAD TO ZANZIBAR.

In my car - me heading for work.  >:(
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2003, 03:28:59 AM »

Hey good morning.

Okay I'm trying to remember what time I posted at last night.  I know it was after 9pm ET (which could be in the window of lost posts). I don't see my post. Oh well.

I probably won't be able to post much.  But hopefully everyone will have a good Friday!

Jennifer

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2003, 03:30:24 AM »

Btw, how come we can't get any more stars for posting more?  Or additional incentive.  It was so fun getting to full membership and 3 stars. But is that all there is? :(

Danise

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2003, 03:50:45 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Friday! Friday! Friday![/move]

And a 4 day weekend!  YaY!   :) :) ;D ;D

Be well, BK.  Soup,  herbal tea and rest today for you my lad!

Have a good and happy day all!

D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Michael

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2003, 04:18:11 AM »

Good Florida Morning.

Since cold front that arrived here last Sunday and will return this Sunday. My Mother has taken over the DVD player and been borrowing the car.

DVD player: The Ten Commandments (bittersweet memories for her. She was there)

CD player: Lawrence Welk Time, The Great Polka Accordian and Other Greatest Hits

VCR: My Bar Mitzvah. (You were such a nice kid. What happened???)

but seriously folks. ;D

My mother has been here since last Sunday and she rented two movies this week from Blockbuster. I guess none of my DVDs interested here. Can't remember the first one, but currently in the player is the OScar Winner from last year Nowhere in Africa. I saw it in the theaters. It was interesting to see that in the deleted scenes on the 2nd dvd must have been in the German release version because there are German subtitles when the characters speak languages other than German (English and whatever tribal language the natives speak.)

CD player Car. Pam Myers solo album (Thought I give it a 2nd chance) and the OC of Anyone Can Whistle.

CD player house: Jeepers Creepers. Really enjoying it.
Never stop dreaming.

Ben

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2003, 04:44:05 AM »

Wow, you go away for a day and what happens? Servers change, you have to re-log in, and most disheartening is the news from WFO. So sorry to hear about that. Hope the appeal goes a different way.

Well, I'm here and logged in and re-bookmarked and ready to go. Nothing in work computer right now. Nothing in the VCR, mainly because the abomination that is called Time-Warner Cable of NYC is causing havoc in our lives  >:(

Kerry & MG, great news about Sugar. My sister named one of her dogs Sugar also. She looks like a fun little girl.

Well, I'll be in and out all day. And yes, from what I've heard on the street, Taboo is this season's DOTV.

Ben

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2003, 04:48:58 AM »

As the day progresses, I will probably listen to, at work, Michael Feinstein-Isn't It Romantic, Barbara Cook-Close as Pages in a Book, The Most Happy Fella (1992 w/Liz Larsen et al), Marry Me a Little-Off-Broadway cast w/Craig Lucas and Suzanne Henry.

I needs must up my posting quotient, not only to keep BK amused whilst he is under the weather (get out from there, don't stay under the weather, get on top of it) but for my own statistical enjoyment. I will post early and often (as they used to say about voting in Chicago).

Ben

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2003, 04:50:59 AM »

And in the midst of my posting frenzy, I must attend to work, since I am at a desk paid for by my employer, listening to CDs on a computer provided by my employer, visiting HHW (at http://208.50.7.254/) on time paid for by my employer. I must do something to recompense my employer, so off to work, at least for a while.  ;)

Ben

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2003, 04:58:01 AM »

It seems to me that things are loading faster. I've never had a big problem at work (at home I'm on dial-up) but there were times when things lagged a bit, but today, on the new server, it seems things are operating at a much faster pace. Computers are amazing when they work! Hope this helps those DRs who have slow loads.

Ben

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2003, 05:01:12 AM »

Yes, things are faster. I went back to the Saturday notes which had a plethora of pictures and lo and behold (dloheb dna ol - this is a mirror site after all) things loaded in a snap! Hoo and Ray and Yar dna Ooh.

Michael

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2003, 05:07:48 AM »

Wondering. I edited my profile yesterday and now it is back to the way it was. And their is an error box at the bottom of the profiles so you cannot change everything. Also I noticed that if you click on the the link for today's collumn it takes you to the form ISP and then you have to click to get to the new one. Just thought I'd you know as I am sure there will be kinks to be worked out.
Never stop dreaming.

Ben

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2003, 05:18:32 AM »

Just posted a note in the Tech Board about the problem accessing the profile so Mr MB (that's Mark Bakalor in Internet Lingo) can check it out.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2003, 05:21:16 AM by Ben »

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2003, 06:03:07 AM »

CD: Clifton Chenier Bayou Blues; Dinah Washington Jazz Round Midnight; Swingers soundtrack

DVD: The Hours

VCR: Wednesday's Law & Order and West Wing

The latter written by an old friend and collaborator.

I wasn't impressed by Bruce Villanch in Hairspray.  But when a lead role is given to someone who's never acted, danced or sung on stage before, expectations can't be too high.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2003, 06:24:55 AM »

Has anyone else tried to post a photo?  I posted the error message I received on the tech board.  Someone else please try one.

William E. Lurie

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2003, 06:26:29 AM »

DVD - "The Jolson Story" & "Jolson Sings Again" - 2 highly fictionalized but still entertaining films that introduced clichés still in use today.

CD - The original Public Theatre recording of HAIR finally released on CD as a bonus disc to the umpteenth release of the inferior Broadway version.  Jill O'Hara's voice alone makes the Public recording a must-have.

VHS - At some time this week I want to watch the NYCO TURANDOT since I'll be seeing it next weekend.

Question for BK, Donald, Bark Makalor or whomever might know: When changes in the site were initially mentioned, one of the changes was going to be the ability to go into an archive of the radio show and listen to older programs one might have missed or wanted to hear again.  Is this still going to happen?
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2003, 06:39:47 AM »

WEL-

That will be happening in the very near future. Switching to a new host is part of that transition to make it happen (and sooner rather than later)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2003, 06:56:49 AM »

Good Morning!!!   Media rundown:

CD in car - Lorelei
CD near bed - Disk two of The Carpenters "Yesterday Once More"
CD in living room - Jeepers Creepers
DVD - The Lion King
VHS - The North Avenue Irregulars

Things seem to be loading quicker, lightning speed now with DSL, before it wasn't as lightning.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2003, 07:23:12 AM »

Good Morning esteemed, sniffly, achy, La-Grippe-wridden, but still ever dashing BK --

It indeed sounds like you have picked up a bug of some sort, rather than just allergies.  It probably calls for some good, full-strength chicken soup, shrimp cocktail shrimp, and the best miracle healing and comfort food of all.....ice cream.  You really gave my taste buds a major pang of nostalgia when you mentioned C.C. Brown's.

Our biggest heartfelt thoughts and vibes to WFO & little Joe;  the legal system these days, often, seems to have little to do with what is actually right or fair.  I'm so glad that DR Kerry got out of it years ago.

Media check:

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2003, 07:27:48 AM »

well, that was sucky....I wasn't done, and something jumped the gun!!  I had to put a hose with cold water on both the gun, and something. ....anyway,

VCR -- "Two For The Road"

car CD player  --  Jeepers Creepers, and both Kritzer CDs

DVD  --  YEA !!!   Our 4th season of The Sopranos arrived, and we watched the first episode.

MrMarkBakalor

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2003, 07:36:45 AM »

Has anyone else tried to post a photo?  I posted the error message I received on the tech board.  Someone else please try one.

Not sure why this is a problem but we're looking into the issue here at the new host.

MrMarkBakalor

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2003, 07:37:36 AM »

Just posted a note in the Tech Board about the problem accessing the profile so Mr MB (that's Mark Bakalor in Internet Lingo) can check it out.

This problem should now be fixed.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2003, 07:41:59 AM »

Thanks!  You KNOW people are anxious for their Allison Hayes picture of the day!

Angela

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2003, 07:44:47 AM »

Greetings fellow Haineses & Kimletts!  Ah, the weekend is here!  Zippo in the DVD player & VCR as I will be trekking around the Valley, but I shall have a plethora of showtunes in the car.
Where ever you go, there you are.........

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2003, 08:20:51 AM »

Sorry to hear about your illness, bk. I remember it well (Lerner and Loewe reference) going to school to teach when I was sick many times. It was easier to just go and work the best I could rather than get up sub plans that basically marked time with my students until I could return. Yep, lots of soup and rest when you get home. Tear yourself away from the DVD machine if you can.

Media alert for today:

CD - I'm going back to SATINS AND SPURS with Betty Hutton. I was distracted by learning TITANIC when I last put it in, so without distractions, let's see how I like it. I'd also like to reinvestigate NO STRINGS (OCR) as I said I'd do yesterday.

VHS - last night's WILL & GRACE and SCRUBS

DVD - INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2003, 08:24:12 AM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2003, 08:25:21 AM »

Well. possums, tomorrow night we are seeing Dame Edna: The Show That Cares!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2003, 08:32:35 AM »

Good morning all.
Thank god it's Friday...what a crazy week it's been.
In VCR - Muppet Christmas Carol...a classic
In DVD - Harry Potter, Chamber of Secrets, the extras DVD
In car CD - Rent, disc 2

I just heard on the news that our Washington State Ferry system is selling one of the ferries on ebay.  Minimum bid of 500,000.  Remind me not to tell my father...

Have I mentioned how glad I am that it's Friday?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up