Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SECOND SESSION  (Read 15608 times)

Kerry

Re:THE SECOND SESSION
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2005, 05:42:19 AM »

Good Morning to one and all and to all and one.

I have 50 million thngs to do today and enough time to accomplish only 25 million.  We'll see what happens.

Toodles.

I'm glad Vinnie was in fine voice and that Mr. Haines didn't dawdle all the livelong day with his tennis racket.
I like boat races.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2005, 06:11:11 AM »

The Blue movie that you wrote about is that the one with Julliette Binoche that was one of three films made by a Polish director (Others were White and Red)?

No, this is Blue from 1968, with Terence Stamp and Karl Malden.  I'll have much to say about it in tomorrow's notes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2005, 06:14:17 AM »

Good morning, all!  DRDanise, sorry I missed you today.  I slept until 7:30 this morning.  I have lab tests for the surgery this morning, can't have any coffee, so I slept in.  I have to leave shortly.  The tests are at 9:00.

Didn't you first use a studio, Dear Friend BK, on 45th Street (I think) between 8th and 9th Avenues? Robert Sher had some connection with the owner there, as I recall.  My memory is that was the studio for Liz and Unsung Sondheim.  I have no memory of where Unsung Musicals was done now, but it was a fast change because of the evil violinist Michelle.  Oy!

Yes, I can't remember the name of the studio - it was a nice enough studio and I remember the recording engineer was named, I think, Geoff or something like that.  He was very good.  We did both Liz and Unsung Sondheim there, and I think we did the Unsung Musicals rhythm date there and then moved for the string and horn date.  Can't remember where we did the vocals.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2005, 06:17:30 AM »

Question for BK:  what the hell are you doing up so late?  Go to bed, young man, or you'll sleep away the day!  Is your adrenalin still going crazy from the past two days?

Hello, DRBen!

Bruce, sleep well.   I'll see you all later.

I guess it was adrenaline and nausea and too many things going on in my head.  I tried to get some sleep just now but I think I just lay there like so much fish for two hours.  Maybe I slept and wasn't aware of it - I hate when this happens and, of course, the more you try to will yourself to sleep the more you can't.  I'll try again at some point - I hate when this happens.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2005, 06:18:46 AM »

Question for BK:

In today's notes you wrote

And now, I get to run around, be gay and carefree, speak as much as I like, go swimming if I so choose, and go out in the evening if I so choose. Isn’t that exciting?

Does this mean you are happy or coming out?

I'm coming out happy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2005, 06:20:04 AM »

Another question for BK

I recently upgraded my sound system to a 6.1. Do you know any DVDs that are mixed to accomadate this?

Any DVD with DTS sound.  I'm not sure about Dolby Digital EX but I think that's also a six channel format.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2005, 06:20:43 AM »

I am very excited about the anniversary tomorrow AND the contest.  Will the question(s) for the contest be in the notes OR on the message board?

Not sure - maybe on the board.

Jennifer

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2005, 06:29:48 AM »

Re: last night's Idol, the only songs I liked were Bo's first ("Stand by Me"), Vonzell's second (American Idol song), and Carrie's second.  Disliked most of the others.  I guess if we have a B3 it will be Scott, Anthony, and Vonzell. I think/hope Scott will be leaving.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2005, 06:43:22 AM »

I'm telling ya, BK, you try to kick that EmergenC habit and it kicks you right back!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2005, 07:03:12 AM »

Soory to have been E & T yesterday.  I was in closings all day yesterday in my Hauppauge office where I do not have computer access, last night was a performance of PP so I was in my house for about 15 minutes toi drop off the Vixter's school stuff anmd poickup her paly stuff before running to the theatre for her 6 PM call... got home at 11:15 helped her get off the stage makeup and off to bed went the entire family of Mann.  I must catch up
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2005, 07:04:05 AM »

Glad to see DR Rodzinski has been readmitted to the country

vixmom

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2005, 07:10:13 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~FEEL BETTER VIBES~~~~~[/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~SLEEP VIBES~~~~[/move]

for dear bk

vixmom

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2005, 07:21:04 AM »

I hope your test went well and you are right now enjoying a lovely breakfast dear elmore
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 07:21:20 AM by vixmom »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2005, 07:59:42 AM »

I am very excited about the anniversary tomorrow AND the contest.  Will the question(s) for the contest be in the notes OR on the message board?

I'm excited about tomorrow being the anniversary, the contest AND MY birthday! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2005, 08:09:39 AM »

DR Michael Shayne, if you have 6.1 sound, look for DVDs that have either Dolby Digital-EX encoding or DTS-ES encoding. There are quite a few DVDs that use that back surround channel (in addition to the rear surround channels). The STAR WARS DVDs come immediately to mind.

And if your receiver is like mine (and if it's decoding 6.1 or 7.1 channels, it is), you can manually have the receiver decode 5.1 Dolby Digital DVDs into 6.1 tracks.

Now, you have to be careful because sometimes the back surrounds collapse into just sound from the center back speaker when you do this manual switch to 6.1 decoding, but with most recent films, you can do this and it works effectively.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2005, 08:12:30 AM »

I had a night exactly like the one bk experience the night after I set my new TV up. At 3 a.m., I just got out of bed, flipped on the new TV, and started watching DVDs which continued all day long. The next night, I think I slept 9 1/2 hours.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2005, 08:12:42 AM »

So many things happening tomorrow!   It's only a day away!

ON the board....okay...thanks MR BK.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2005, 08:14:00 AM »

We need to see photos of PETER PAN and Anthony's show.  We need to see those photos.  We need to see photos of the recording sessions.  We need to see those photos.

This is the video age, the written word is passe.  A picture is worth a thousand words.....let's see those photos.

Matt H.

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2005, 08:15:45 AM »

[sigh] Because I don't have rehearsal tonight, I had looked forward to a day of nothing but DVD watching. Last night, a friend who just bought a new DVD recorder/VHS combination machine called and asked me to come over today to help him with set-up. So, I'll be gone a couple of hours helping him.

At least he's cooking me some lunch for helping him!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 08:16:29 AM by Matt H. »

vixmom

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2005, 08:26:19 AM »

Yesterday DR Joey said
My exciting news of the day is yesterday I signed up to support a foundation that raises money for Neurofibromatosis (which is a genetic disease I have) through running my marathon. I am using justgiving.com and so far I have raised $65. I am excited and I am hoping to reach at least $250.

May also happens to be Neurofibromatosis Awareness Month so it seems fitting that I am raising money for it through a a marathon in May. I know three weeks isn't much time to raise money, but I figure whatever I can raise is going to do good somehow. I did my last long run before the marathon (18 miles) today so now I get to take it easier these next three weeks before the marathon. I am probably going to try to raise money for them again with another marathon. If you raise $3500 they will pay your airfare to and from any marathon you choose. So I am hoping to exceed that goal next school year.

How can we make contributions dear Joey?  I would love to help

Jennifer

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2005, 08:39:55 AM »

AMAZING RACE FROM LAST NIGHT  

Okay so as soon as Dr MBarnum watches i'm sure he will be devastated. :(  But I was happy by last night's show.  Gretchen and Meredith had to be the slowest luckiest team I've seen get this far.  They were sweet.  But they had so many opportunities (with the bunching), yet always came in last.

Their polar opposites, Rob and Amber continue to impress me.  Every time the teams were brought together, they somehow managed to finish first.  I liked them before the series started.  But I really had no idea they would be this good at the game.

I cannot wait to see what happens next week (I just pray that ron and kelly don't win).  Rumor a while back had them coming to Montreal. IF so that would be so cool!  Can't wait!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 08:41:32 AM by Jennifer »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2005, 08:50:05 AM »

While I've been catching up with the posts, der Brucer has been watching the National Treasure DVD.  The study (and computer) is located next to the living room, and I've been following the film easily just by listening.

I am now convinced that Jerry Bruckheimer would have been very frustrated back when movies were silent.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2005, 09:03:19 AM »

DRMATTH - it is always so much easier for "someone who knows" to get one of the new TV's going.  The days are gone when you take it out of the box and start watching.  You will be saving your friend HOURS and HOURS....and when all is said and done, he may have had to call you up anyway!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2005, 09:06:14 AM »

Oh, lawdy, even the bonus stuff is loud!!!

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2005, 09:10:09 AM »

I'm feeling all poopy today.

Last night's A.I.:  I liked Vonzell's songs...very much.  Scott was marginal on both songs.  He doesn't have a good voice.  Carrie was good, but "robotic" does seem apropos.  Bo was "predictable" on "Stand By Me" -- he doesn't have a lot of range...and it's one of the "safe" songs he could have sung.  He brought nothing new to it, however.  Strange how the judges criticize those they don't like for not making a song their own and then just ooze praise on someone who does a song by rote.  Bo didn't do it for me last night at all.  Anthony's first song last night sealed his fate.  It was the worst of all possible renditions of the worst of all possible songs he could have selected.  He has no taste in songs.

Vonzell was last night's best by virtue of performance, presence and risk-taking.  Anthony was last night's worst by misusing a magnificent instrument.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2005, 09:12:00 AM »

Oy, what a week!!  First, we had our last weekend of Pajama Game, which went fairly well, although at the last performance Sid completely botched Blue Town (or whatever it's called), which made doing the string underscoring next to impossible.  Then we had our little benefit in remembrance of the departed director (the one I needed the Sugar charts for), where all four singers (two of whom are Equity, not that that means anything ;)), went completely up on various lyrics, making my accompanying next to impossible.  Then, AOL decided I had exceeded "rate limits" and prevented me from emailing anyone.  I literally spent 4 hours on the phone with various people in the far reaches of India, none of whom were even barely intelligible, and none of whom (obviously) had a clue as to how to fix the problem.  I am most desirious of suing AOL.  Any attorneys out there wanting a slam-dunk class action suit?

Yesterday I posted to Max Preeo's listserve about our version of Reefer, since several listers had emailed me very sweet messages about how vapid they found the L.A./Showtime version.  So this morning I get an email from the list's resident Newport (some of you will understand that reference), who informs me that my message was not clear:  was I referring to an early version of the L.A. Reefer or a completely different version?  And if I was referring to a different version, why was I bothering to post about it?  I shall scream (ooh, a Lionel Bart reference).

So, this is my first day off in several weeks, and I am doing domestic things like cleaning, etc.

Since I have missed the past few days, my Ask BK/DR question may have been answered already:  Did anyone watch Eileen Ryan in that TZ episode, and did you or did you not think she bears an amazing resemblance to Meryl Streep?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 09:13:22 AM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2005, 09:20:26 AM »

Just popping in quickly to say that I'm off to the first of two job interviews for the day.  First one at 10:30, second at 3.  Wish me luck/vibes/good thoughts, whatever!  :)

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2005, 09:21:20 AM »

Assuming, of course, that one can still recieve vibes when one resides on Boot Hill.  I do hope the altitude doesn't interfere with reception...

Jennifer

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2005, 09:27:30 AM »

Good job vibes to DR ANN!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ginny

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2005, 09:30:27 AM »

Best job interview vibes to DR Ann!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up