Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: FRESH AS A DAISY  (Read 14004 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
FRESH AS A DAISY
« on: May 11, 2005, 12:00:27 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you know the various and sundried scoops, and now it is time for you to post until the fresh-as-a-daisy cows come home.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 12:13:28 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:FRESH AS A DAISY
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 12:02:19 AM »

And the word of the day is: VILIFY!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 09:48:46 AM by bk »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 12:35:57 AM »

BK, yesterday you wrote,

Massage is finished and I feel marvy.  Afterwards, Marina, a Russian, translated that Russian Nudie Musical review - it's really quite lovely.  Can someone visit that website and tell me if they have a place to e-mail the people - I can write Sergei a note and she'll put it into Russian and send it to him.

I don't know if anyone has already let you know, but at the bottom of the page is an e-mail address, serega_m@gotik.ru.  The author of the article is translated by AltaVista's Babel Fish Translation page as Sergey Merenkov.  Also, there is a left arrow button to get to the main page of the site and from there, there is an English language button.  However, it doesn't have the entire site translated...just certain sections.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 12:55:24 AM »

Excellent - I'll pass that along to Marina.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 12:55:46 AM »

VILIFY, baby, VILIFY!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 09:49:17 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 01:07:10 AM »

And a very happy birthday to former dear reader Robin, who just up and disappeared without a word one fine day, after having been a daily poster for a year.  Go know.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 03:28:25 AM »

I am FINISHED!! Woo hoo!! Twelve pages, and not a word of it makes sense. Just how my teacher likes it. I am now relaxing on my futon with a furry brown meowing lump on my lap making it very difficult to type on this laptop computer. I would try to get some sleep, but since I counted fourteen empty Cherry Coke cans (!!), I don't see that happening in the near future.

Now that the semester is OVER, I just might give in to temptation and rip my teacher's textbook to shreds. If F. Scott Fitzgerald hasn't beat me to it, of course.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 04:47:46 AM »

Congratulations to DRSANDRA...any paper that mentions FSF is worth an "A" in my book.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2005, 04:48:11 AM »

Recording a show?  What great news!  Awaiting more details as the story unfolds!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2005, 04:49:07 AM »

My first question for ASK BK day:

Are there any of the new Broadway composers that you like?  Those who have begun to have shows during that past 15 years or so?  Please give examples.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2005, 04:49:58 AM »

The Amazing Race was very good last night - good finale that showed exactly what kind of people we had on the show.  And the win was deserved.

Cillaliz

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2005, 04:53:48 AM »

The Amazing Race was very good last night - good finale that showed exactly what kind of people we had on the show.  And the win was deserved.

My feeling exactly, I was cheering as they ran to the finish line. I really wanted them to win!

Cillaliz

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2005, 04:57:57 AM »

Well, it's raining today, so what's new? I'm still feeling a little cruddy but must go to work today. There is justice to attempt to do, not such an easy thing to do these days.

I haven't had a jury trial in a long time and have 2 or 3 coming up this summer. Last night I dreamed another lawyer had started a trial and disappeared so I had to come in and do the closing argument without knowing anything about the case!

Sheesh! Reminds me of those school dreams where I dreamed I found out had a final to take and had never gone to the class because I didn't know I had signed up for it.

Villify!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2005, 05:20:29 AM »

Villify had a hammer...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Michael

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2005, 05:23:47 AM »

Two Questions:

Did the First Nudie Musical make any of the Academy Awards pre-nominations nominations that year?

The Off-Broadway musical that you will record is that the one that Tony Walton was involved in?
Never stop dreaming.

Kerry

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2005, 05:53:59 AM »

I'll try to think of a question when  I wake up.  I need breakfast first....

....and a shower

.... and (wishfully)  2 more hours of sleep  :P
I like boat races.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2005, 06:51:40 AM »

BK, what exactly do you mean by "comp" the vocals?   I assume you are not offering them free room service.

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2005, 06:52:41 AM »

Ben, is it open seating or assigned seating at Anthony's show?  Is ther anyway of seeing that we're sitting together if it is assigned (as I assume it to be)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2005, 07:01:11 AM »

Joan Blackman was Elvis' leading lady in a couple of films, and has always said great things about him in interviews.  And of course director Nathan Juran (Hertz) also directed....well it is in fact his magnum opus even though he has been known to villify it...ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN.

Ben

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2005, 07:03:47 AM »

It's open seating. It's a small space but we will be able to sit together without problem. Anthony's parents and an aunt and uncle will also be there so he will have a large rooting section.

vixmom

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2005, 07:19:14 AM »

It's open seating. It's a small space but we will be able to sit together without problem. Anthony's parents and an aunt and uncle will also be there so he will have a large rooting section.

Excellent.  The Vixter got some American Girl gift certificates for her birthday so we will be making a stop there before the show, so  I assume we will just be meeting you there.   Is there somewhere nearby that we can go for a bite to eat afterwards ? (if the Vixter isn't nodding off, remember she just turned 12 )  :D

Ben

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2005, 07:35:13 AM »

Yes, meeting at the theatre will be the best way to go. The doors don't open until 7:30 so if you get there earlier you will have to stand outside. There is a sandwich board outside of the church with actor pictures and postcards for the show so you'll know you're in the right place.

There isn't much in that area as Elmore and Rodzinski and Anthony and I found out last Saturday. There is a diner on Lexington and 77th but I think we made it in just before closing because after we sat down (a few minutes before 10pm) they started turning people away. The show gets out about 9:45 and then with waiting for the star (Anthony) it can eat away at your time. I'll ask around to see if there is anything closer.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2005, 07:42:32 AM »

BK, you never answered my question that I asked the other day about a Fox movie that you watched - THE MAN WHO NEVER WAS. (Or if you answered it, I never saw the response and I apologize in advance.)

What I asked was if it is a part of the Fox Studio Classics series or was it a generic Fox release? It is a Fox film, isn't it?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 07:46:31 AM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2005, 07:45:17 AM »

I haven't watched THE AMAZING RACE since Chip and Reichen won (it's just too intense for me; I get so nervous for the teams I'm pulling for that I can't sleep at night: absolutely true.)

At any rate, knowing that I did not like either Rob or Amber from the last SURVIVOR season I ever watched (their first appearance, not the All-Stars), I was delighted they didn't win. Besides, they got their wedding paid for by CBS so they could film it, so they've already gotten PLENTY of prizes.

vixmom

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2005, 07:47:14 AM »

DR Matt H how did the rehearsal go last night?

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2005, 07:48:14 AM »

I will have some DVD news later in the day, but I will not say anything further until I have package in hand. It is due to be delivered today.

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2005, 07:50:39 AM »

DR Matt H how did the rehearsal go last night?

Thanks for asking. I was thrilled that I remembered all my blocking and had only two little memory lapses which I was able to recover from without prompting. We did Act I twice.

However, and I hesitate to mention this as it's been a very sore point with me, but the actor playing my son has quit again (he was cast, quit, changed his mind, and quit again), and we open three weeks from tomorrow.

MBarnum

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2005, 07:56:52 AM »

I stayed up for TAR last night, and am I glad! It ended just as it should have!!! Yeah!!

vixmom

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2005, 08:15:56 AM »

Thanks for asking. I was thrilled that I remembered all my blocking and had only two little memory lapses which I was able to recover from without prompting. We did Act I twice.

However, and I hesitate to mention this as it's been a very sore point with me, but the actor playing my son has quit again (he was cast, quit, changed his mind, and quit again), and we open three weeks from tomorrow.

Auugh! Not like its a pivotal role or anything!! ::)

I am very sorry to hear this.  What are the directors plan for replacing him?

vixmom

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2005, 08:25:38 AM »

Now that the semester is OVER, I just might give in to temptation and rip my teacher's textbook to shreds. If F. Scott Fitzgerald hasn't beat me to it, of course.

That FSF, he is a rascal... Congratulations on completing your semester.  What are your plans for the summer?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up