Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: A HODGE-PODGE OF VARIOUS AND SUNDRIED THOUGHTS  (Read 25895 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:A HODGE-PODGE OF VARIOUS AND SUNDRIED THOUGHTS
« Reply #240 on: May 18, 2005, 10:54:08 PM »

The play reading is done, Tammy and I went out for some pie, and now I am back and must write the notes, in which I'll tell you all about the reading.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #241 on: May 18, 2005, 11:20:07 PM »

Good Morning!

This post will have to be short since I'm extremely tired.  It's been a long day, but a good one.  And I still can't believe I've been up since 7:45AM... And it's now 2:20AM...  You do the math.

Andy and I had a another great afternoon and dinner together.  He's just a really great guy.  We're not dating, and that whole "vibe" just isn't in the air.  Which is fine.  However, we seem to be able to make each other laugh, and we're good at de-stressing each other.  -And that is not a euphemism.  :p

Tonight's show was good.  Interesting at some points, but good.  It turned out the the main production supervisor was in the audience tonight.  As was the original choreographer.  As were two of the original producers.  Oh, and the original book writer.  So... Let's just say it was a very high-energy show.  Sometimes a little too high, if you get my drift.

However, since we had so many honoured guests in attendance, there was another party tonight after the show at Red Sage.  Open bar, great food.  It was nice to mix and mingle with everyone, and even Andy did a bit of social butterflying.  We almost went out to a "special interest" place after the reception, but the day started to catch up with me, so I brought Andy home, and then I headed home myself.

My parents also came tonight, and they enjoyed the show too.  It was their second time seeing the show.

So...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #242 on: May 18, 2005, 11:23:39 PM »

DR Jrand - I passed on your comments to Lisa/Tonya.... :)

She had a great story about the first day of rehearsal with the show props.  She came in carrying her Chanel bag and her Louis Vuitton luggage, and threw them down on the stage - since her character, Tonya, is aggravated at that point and time.  "I don't do walking."  Well...

As soon as the bags hit the floor, she heard very audible sighs from the props people as well as some of the other staff in the room.  That was when she learned that the Chanel bag is the real deal.  Same for the Louis Vuitton bags.  All four of them.  So... Needless to say, she was asked to put them down a bit more gently the next time.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #243 on: May 18, 2005, 11:24:06 PM »

Dear DearReaderLaura - Welcome home!  And lovely pictures as always.  Thank you.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #244 on: May 18, 2005, 11:25:26 PM »

DR ozderek - Thank you for the DR Tomovoz update.  Please give him and Colin my best.  *And feel free to throw an extra treat to Magnus and Fosca if you get a chance too.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #245 on: May 18, 2005, 11:28:09 PM »

I got back from seeing a local production of La Cage Aux Folles almost an hour ago.  First of all, I've never seen the show...only "The Birdcage" and snippets of the original French movie, and not the whole French movie.  Secondly, I LOVED this show!  The overall production was pretty good, the set was fuctional but not distracting, the costumes were quite good, but I loved the story and I've loved the recording since it first came out (pun intended!) 22 years ago!

It's possible to nit-pick:  the Georges was not a singer [and couldn't sing harmony...he kept singing whatever note (sung by someone else) was the loudest], and one of Les Cagelles looked like a deer in the headlights.  But the Georges is a wonderful actor and sang with such energy and exuberance that his singing problems were totally forgivable and the Cagelles was cute so I didn't mind. ;) Most of the other performers had great energy.  I want to see this show again.  I just might have to go...and even pay again! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #246 on: May 18, 2005, 11:28:55 PM »

DR Rodzinski - Thank you for the DR elmore report.  If he happens to be looking for more of the "cheap stuff", just PM me, and I'll see if I can direct you to a few discreet vendors.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #247 on: May 18, 2005, 11:31:47 PM »

OH!  And when I got home, my parents were watching a tape of tonight's "American Idol" - my brother taped it for them.  -I just wish he had taped last night's show too, but...

The person who went home was not a surprise at all to me - and I haven't seen the past few weeks.  It was just time.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #248 on: May 18, 2005, 11:38:58 PM »

Albin was played by the managing director of the theater company (he also started the theater company) and he was fabulous...as usual.  His emotions ran the gammit from A to Z and they were the right emotions at the right time.  He's a very good actor.

The rest of the audience loved the show as well and everyone left with big smiles on their faces. ;D ;D ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #249 on: May 18, 2005, 11:39:58 PM »

OK...

I think I'm going to take a shower before heading to bed...  After this morning's rehearsal... Then the Metro ride... Then the walk from the Metro to my parents' house... To walking around the mall with Andy... The hanging out for a while downtown before the show...  To the show... etc...

A nice hot shower would be very appropriate right now.

;)

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #250 on: May 18, 2005, 11:56:19 PM »

Well, someone's got to make post number 250 and it may as well be me.  New notes momentarily.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up