Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: REVEALING THINGS  (Read 15063 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
REVEALING THINGS
« on: May 19, 2005, 12:00:06 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes have been revealing and yet not revealing, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home, which will be as soon as they are revealing themselves.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 12:01:46 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:REVEALING THINGS
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 12:03:32 AM »

And the word of the day is: ANTEBELLUM!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 12:14:13 AM »

Great news on the play, BK!  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 12:15:25 AM »

And Happy Birthday to DR François!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 12:17:21 AM »

ANTEBELLUM, baby, ANTEBELLUM!

And now - Dino at the piano.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 12:59:24 AM »

Is there anything I've never done that I've always wanted to do?  Well, I've never had sex with Sophia Loren.  Doubt that's ever going to happen.

ozderek

• the truth is .... life IS a show tune !!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 03:38:25 AM »

morning all (well, it will be when you receive this) ..

update on Tomvoz ...

- spoke to Tom today.  He had been resting as he did not have a good night last night.  Still not able to eat.  Poor Tom - fading away as we speak.

Have just had a text from him.  Seems the surgeon has results of tests etc. and all seems "ok".  Big hugs for Tom.

Trust DR Elmore is recovering.  Big cheers, hugs and well wishes from both Tomovoz and myself.

A big Ozzie hug to you all.
"She may well pass for forty- three
In the dusk, with a light behind her!"
W S Gilbert "Trial By Jury"

Michael

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 04:27:48 AM »

I would like to travel the world.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 04:29:54 AM »

Here is a picture of Kevin Spirtas waving goodbye.
Never stop dreaming.

Ben

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2005, 05:29:49 AM »

Bonne Anniversaire to Dear François!

Glad to hear about dear Tom.

I would like to do more world traveling (like Michael Shayne). I haven't because I have this pesky thing called a job and this thing won't let me take weeks (or months) at a time to travel around Europe like a bohemian.

Kerry

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2005, 05:37:00 AM »

Of the things that are indeed possible (as in not dependent on meeting someone who is no longer alive or moving to Hollywood in the 20's or New York in the 40's), the first thing that comes to mind is scuba diving.

I've always wanted to go scuba diving but haven't gotten around to it.  I haven't been able to coordinate the inspiration, the time and the money to do it.  I suppose when I really get ready to do it, I'll overcome those things no matter what.

I'm very happy to realize that I have done most of what I really wanted to do... and even a lot that I never knew I wanted to do until I did it.

There is something I'd like to wriite someday.  I suppose fear of failure, more than anything, is keeping me from it.
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2005, 05:38:13 AM »

Glad to hear the news of Tom.  Hope Larry's news is also good.

Happy Birthday, Francois, mon ami!

Gateau for everyone!!!!!!!!!
I like boat races.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2005, 05:45:10 AM »

Good morning, all!  I slept better last night than before; perhaps it's the Vicodin?

DRRodzinski, thanks for the sharpmind comment; I have no idea what I might have said that gave you that idea.  I feel as dull as ditchwater.

DRJRand54, one man's whimsy is another man's poison, and I loathed and detested INVASION.  I thought it was a great idea, but I found its archness , deliberate David Lynch quirkiness, and unsubtle humor a total chore.  I felt as though I were watching a cast, which was game and trying hard to be funny, flogging a dead horse and shouting at me "Isn't this hysterical?"  Alas, no it wasn't.

I did love Linda Darnell, even if she's wearing enough makeup to keep the Hilton girls happy for a decade, and the story's denouement was quite quirky.  I'm sure your LITTLE SHOP video was a hoot with the cast; they all seem caught with their pants down (I'm speaking metaphorically, DRJose!) and clearly everyone's having a good time.  My favorite bit from Ed Sullivan was the Everly Brothers.

Dear Friend BK, it was nice to hear your voice on the phone yesterday; did you locate cellist extraordinaire Ted Hoyle?  I'm happy you were pleased with your reading.

Now, how many are showing up at Joe Allen's on Saturday night at 8:15?
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
:) ;) :D ;D :) ;) :D ;D :o :o :o :-* :-*HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DRFRANCOIS DE PARIS!!!!!!  :) ;) :D ;D :) ;) :D ;D ::) ::) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
[/size][/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2005, 05:47:53 AM »

I forgot to respond to the TOD!  I would like to see more of Europe; I get as far as London and that's it.  I gues I'd like to see more of England, too!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2005, 06:11:05 AM »

Great news about DR Tomovoz and it's great to see DR Elmore up and about and posting.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~ ~ ~ ~ ~  SPEEDY RECOVERY VIBES TO YOU BOTH, SIRS!  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ [/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2005, 06:14:46 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]! ! ! ! !  JOYEUX ANNIVERSAIRE, DR FRANCOIS  ! ! ! ! ![/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2005, 06:34:50 AM »

Happiest of birthdays to DR Francois!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2005, 06:56:20 AM »

Happy Birthday Francois!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2005, 06:58:18 AM »

I would love to go swimming with the dolphins! I have been fascinated by those animals since I was a child.

I would also, at least once in my life, appear in a motion picture in a small role. I think that would be fun. Of course it would help if I could act.

MBarnum

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2005, 07:02:28 AM »

Best of birthdays to our DR in France!

George

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2005, 07:25:29 AM »

There is something I'd like to wriite someday.  I suppose fear of failure, more than anything, is keeping me from it.

I'd love to write something, too.  What prevents me though is an absolute lack of talent! ;D

George

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2005, 07:30:44 AM »

Is there anything I've never done that I've always wanted to do?  Well, I've never had sex with Sophia Loren.  Doubt that's ever going to happen.

Well, if sex is an option.... :o :-* (Sophia, however, wouldn't be on my dance card ;))

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2005, 07:39:10 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy Birthday to DR Francois de Paris!![/move]
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2005, 07:40:36 AM »

Well, my houseguest has come and gone. He is presently at a job interview that he has great hopes of landing. I wish him well.

In the meantime, my living room is about half filled with things he wanted to store down here until he can land a job and then find a place of his own.

Matt H.

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2005, 07:43:01 AM »

I have been very pleasead watching ELIZABETH R on the new player.

It's always a dicey proposition with those BBC DVDs. Some have been ported directly from tape masters and look grainy and soft. ELIZABETH R, perhaps along with I CLAUDIUS my favorite BBC miniseries, looks quite wonderful for its age. It is sharp, clear, and with nice color. And the greater size of picture and sharpness makes the overhead mike shadows VERY noticeable now.

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2005, 07:45:38 AM »

Wasn't LOST amazing last night? I got teary-eyed about three times during the show, there were so many backstories crammed into the hour that it constantly kept my brain at attention, and the surprises just keep on coming! The two hour finale next week should be something!

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2005, 07:46:35 AM »

I probably won't get to this week's ALIAS (a two hour show) until Friday. I have SO many things on the DVR, but my houseguest and I couldn't wait last night so we started watching LOST at 11 p.m.

Matt H.

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2005, 07:48:37 AM »

No surprise about who was sent home from IDOL last night. I have to admit, I'd rather it have been a Bo/Vonzell finale. I have never warmed to Carrie, but Carrie is the only one of the people who was never in the bottom three during the finals, so I wasn't surprised to see her stay, and it wouldn't surprise me if she won. She's obviously got a BIG fan base.

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2005, 07:51:23 AM »

There are lots of things I've never done that I'd like to do, but the first one that popped into my head was riding a motorcycle. My eyesight isn't good enough for me to trust myself on a motorcycle, so I've never summoned up enough courage to try, but I think it would be a blast.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2005, 07:53:38 AM »

Happy Birthday, DR FRANCOIS!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up