Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MUSE MARGARET CALLS  (Read 7313 times)

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
Re: MUSE MARGARET CALLS
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2022, 11:48:49 AM »

I just watched a one-hour cabaret act on PBS: Gavin Creel from the stage of the Westport Country Playhouse (Westport, CT).  There were some nice moments.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2022, 11:49:01 AM »

THREE!!!
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2022, 11:50:10 AM »

The rules are minimal, DR Ron Pulliam:

But that doesn't mention anything about the possibility of a double letter.

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2022, 11:51:09 AM »

Reading Klara and the Sun, which I know you didn't overly care for, Jane. My big problem is that it's just not as good as Ian McEwan's Machines Like Me. For being a story told by a machine, it's also overly manipulative.

But since I'm halfway through, I will probably finish it.

I did finish it.  I will be curious to know if you like it less or better after reading to the end.  I haven't read McEwan's book.  I did not like Atonement and never read anything else by him.

I loved Atonement and have liked quite a few others of his books.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2022, 11:58:09 AM »

Yes, DR John G.   That was a surprise today.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2022, 11:58:57 AM »

Thanks for the heads up, DR JRand71.  I just may take in some of the skating routines.

John G.

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2022, 12:03:24 PM »

Let's see if I can take a nap.
― Voltaire

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2022, 12:16:44 PM »

all three cats were occupying 3/4 of my bed. 

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2022, 12:48:50 PM »

Hello from the Land of Runny Noses!

I am somewhat less miserable today than yesterday. I'm hoping tomorrow is better still.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2022, 12:50:46 PM »

I placed an emergency Amazon Prime order for more kleenex. I have a spare box here, but they're very coarse and my nose is just too tender at this point for that. Need soft tissues!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2022, 12:52:57 PM »

Since I can't say whether this is Covid or just a bad cold, I'm following the Covid guidelines and isolating for five days.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2022, 12:55:02 PM »

Bruce, I read SOME DAYS ARE MURDER the first week I had it.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2022, 12:55:20 PM »

Tooth vibes for John G.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2022, 12:57:57 PM »

TTFN.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2022, 01:47:26 PM »

Jeanne, I don't recall reading an Amazon review?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2022, 01:48:45 PM »

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2022, 01:51:04 PM »

Visitor has left the premises. Book dealer - he bought a few things. While he was perusing, I managed to do all my futzing and finessing - this was the second time in this book where I wrote a character horribly, then, while tossing and turning, figured out what it should be, made notes, and then today completely rewrote that whole sequence. It's so much more fun now and the change allowed me to add all kinds of detail to it. Since I got ahead last night, I only have ten more pages to write today, so that's good. I've written one new page, am going into a little sequence that will be pretty easy and will take up a few pages, and I know what comes after that, so that will probably comprise today's writing. I do hope to watch something at some point, and I'm going to try and be through with the writing by ten, so I can do the notes and get in bed right after I post them.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2022, 01:51:22 PM »

And now I must figure out food.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2022, 01:56:28 PM »

It's been a hell of a day. When I came in from the basement, as I wrestled with the walker, Stella ran between my legs and the walker's to run into the hall. I closed the door, thinking, Stupid cat. I'll let you play for 15 minutes before I hunt you down. I had the large Dutch oven boiling awat, and I dragged out the potatoes, pans, knife, and peeler. The potatoes went into the pot and I created a second pot I intended to turn into stew. I went back to the table and began to chop celery to go in last. It was just past 10:00.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 02:02:23 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2022, 02:02:46 PM »

I threw in the chopped carrots and when they and the potatoes were cooked, I added frozen peas. When I felt the three pots were cooked, I turned off the heat and tossed the celery into all. I'd let the heat in the broth cook the celery just enough. I also put a mix of water and cornstarch into the stew to thicken it. At 1:00, I had a large vat of soup and a pot of chicken stew for myself and a pot of soup for Ann and Jen.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2022, 02:10:45 PM »

Then I got the Dustbuster to vacuum the cat's food area and the mess they had created last night. I wondered, where are Annabelle and Stella? Then I remembered: three hours ago she ran into the hall. I set down the Dustbuster, grabbed my cane, and ran out to the hall. I called for her and there was no response. Usually, when she's lost, she bellows at the top of her lungs. I rode the elevator to ther fifth floor and called for her, same thing on four, all the way to the basement. My neighbor Judy heard me, and she joined the search. Then MaryAnne on five joined us. I believed that no response meant one of three things: she was in the building in someone's apartment, someone had hurt her, or someone had let her out of the building onto the street. Michael, who lives on four came in, and said when he went out Stella was sitting in front of the elevator.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 02:27:14 PM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2022, 02:16:23 PM »

Judy and MaryAnne went outside and walked up and down 82nd Street. I called Ann and Jen, who were at Zabar's with Ann's goddaughter. They said they would look for her on their walk back. I soon had give ladies on the search. I put on my winter clothes  yo go outside with the walker and call for her. She really didn't know the voices of the ladies and I thought she might recognize mine.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2022, 02:29:00 PM »

Judy told me I should put Annabelle in her carrier and take her with me. I said I could do the walker and carrier and cat and survive the stairs. She said she would come with me and she carried Annabelle's carrier. As soon as we got to the first floor, Annabelle started pissing and moaning loudly. I thought I heard Stella answer. I called her name, and she bellowed back. I said to Judy, she's on the first floor. Just then Ann, Jen and goddaughter arrived and helped me up the stairs to the lobby. Judy found Stella under the first floor stairs - where we had all looked - and carried her up to my apartmet. We all relaxed, and I am in a huge soup cleanup.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2022, 02:29:28 PM »

And......then.......
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2022, 02:29:35 PM »

Four pages and food is arriving in a minute or so - California Pizza Kitchen's roasted garlic chicken pizza. Then only six pages to go after that and I'll hopefully get those done after lunch and then after watching something, maybe do two or three more.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2022, 02:30:12 PM »

Whew!  Good news!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2022, 02:31:44 PM »

DR JANE my uncle had one key to the garage.....so that's what we ended up with....and since my sister has been the only one to go in there - no problem.

We replaced the jimmied lock with the second of the doorknobs we used for the back door.  Now my sister and I each have a key to the garage AND the back door.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2022, 02:33:42 PM »

Well the ice skating was nice.....and we ended up with Nathan Chinny Chin Chen, Vincent Zhou, and new guy Ilia something or other......Jason Brown - who I really don't like and who Johnny Weir  praises to the skies for his "artistry" is in 4th.

I hope the committee just sends the top three to the Olympics.....Jason can stay home.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2022, 02:36:57 PM »

I am most relieved that Stella has been found. And that there's plenty of chicken soup.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2022, 02:38:39 PM »

I started to watch the skating, but then found a nap beckoning. So I hit "record" and will watch the rest later.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up