Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I RAISE  (Read 14558 times)

Danise

Re:I RAISE
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2005, 08:23:57 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm so glad the shows went wonderful for those doing them!  I only wish I could have been there to see them!

Glad to hear that Mr. BK won at his poker game.

Have some good shows, DR Jose!  Thank you so much for the house seat info!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2005, 08:24:50 AM »

Where are all our early-morning denizens, that's what I want to know.

And now - Dino at the piano.  He will now play his original compostition entitled Page Two.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2005, 08:26:57 AM »

I did lose a couple of annoying hands last night, but only because I couldn't keep the "rules" straight for some of the wackier games.  I really just like normal poker - I don't even like Texas Hold 'Em, which seems to be the only game people want to play because that's what they play on TV.  We didn't play it once last night, I'm happy to say.  All these supposed poker "fans" who really know nothing at all but what they see on TV - get outta town.

Danise

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2005, 08:31:12 AM »

Page 2 Dance--well, sort of.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2005, 08:32:28 AM »

I know I shouldn't say this but I don't know how to play poker or hearts.

I know Blackjack...
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2005, 08:35:39 AM »

I'd have to say Ibsen's HEDDA GABBLER is my favorite foreign play, but I do like BECKET a lot. I know British playwrights are foreigners to us Americans, but I guess I just think of British and American plays as occupying the same place in my mind. I just don't think of them as foreign so Stoppard or Pinter aren't included.  
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2005, 08:37:04 AM »

I do look forward to listening to LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA when it finally arrives, but I ordered it with some pre-ordered DVDs that aren't being released until next week, so I don't have it yet. Since it's not one of the shows I'll be seeing in August (I'd have loved to have seen it, but I wasn't going to risk a repeat of what happened with ASSASSINS last year), I'll listen to it as soon as I can.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2005, 08:38:14 AM »

Trivia: As stated, the two shows in question are plays, not musicals.  They are not revivals.

Thanks for the clarification, BK. :)

Now, I must take a shower and go to work. :P
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 08:38:55 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2005, 08:38:24 AM »

Imight even get to a DVD myself today. I should be able to finish 8 1/2 today if all goes well.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2005, 08:41:38 AM »

My guess is that Light in the Piazza is a better experience in the theater.  I guess I just like Schmidt and Jones.

Danise

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2005, 08:46:42 AM »

Well, I've go to go and do the usual Saturday stuff.   :)

Have a good day all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2005, 08:58:56 AM »

She of the Evil Eye has arrived, and shortly I shall be on my way to the book fair, although if I leave now I will get there far too early.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2005, 09:32:52 AM »

My West Coast family taught me a great CANASTA-based card game called "Hand and Foot" that is an absolute blast.

Ginny

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2005, 09:35:13 AM »

My grandmother and I used spend hot Detroit summer afternoons on the screened porch playing CANASTA.

I'm at work today and the best thing I can say about it is that there are no managers here.  Bryn Terfel is singing to me from my iPod.

DR Jose - the pressure cooker has already been delivered to the sale site.  When we take the next load over, Sunday or Monday evening, I'll check the capacity and get back to you!

DR elmore - Have great trip to LC in DC.  Will you get to see Jose play for Mamma Mia?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2005, 09:48:34 AM »

I agree with DRs Jose and Hisaka, I think I prefer Kritzerland by itself.  However is there some reason why you can't have your name featured somewhere on the front page.  I definitely think that you should do this.  Also, not sure what the logo will be, but if you have some cds pictured on the front page, then I think everyone will know what the site is about.

Jennifer

« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2005, 09:51:28 AM »

It is a lovely hot sunny day here (I think it's like 83F+).  Totally wonderful!

I must go out and do some errands and then head over to my sister's house and plant her flower garden.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2005, 10:05:29 AM »

Good Morning!

And the hits just keep on coming!!!

I heard a commotion in the hallway a few minutes ago.  A good commotion.

My Mom played her birthday in the lottery tonight - 603.  Well, guess what came up?

Actually, 306 came up, but she played the combinations, so...

She played it both "straight" and in "any order", so she won twice.  And about $600 too!
DR Jose, I'm a little confused by this.  In playing her birthday, do you mean that she was born in 603 AD?  Or in June of '03?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2005, 10:15:16 AM »

Dear DRs all, I have an announcement to make!

I am returning to the world of the working shlub!!!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o[/move]

The grocery store just down the street from where der B and I live was holding a job fair, so I went in, filled out an application, got interviewed, and then went in again today to finalize the paperwork.  I'll be working as a cashier, so I get to play with money and lasers and bar codes and plastic or paper!  I even get to pay dues to a union!

(Well, that gets a  :-\ but it's part of the job.)

It may be just for the summer, when the store does the biggest business (tourists, of course).  But even so, the pay will be pretty good, and I could get picked up for post-season.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2005, 10:33:42 AM »

Bruce Kimmel's
[size=20]KRITZERLAND!!![/size]

or

[size=20]Bruce Kimmel's[/size]
Kritzerland!!!

(Just checking the difference between claiming ownership of a site and bragging about it.)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2005, 10:37:56 AM »

DR HISAKA - glad you liked 8 WOMEN.  I did, too! And I learned about it here on HHW!

DR RODZINSKI - I found a download of the Lightfoot song online, so I am attempting that.  If all else fails - I will buy the CD, if available.  Surely it is.

I ordered the THUNDER ALLEY/FIREBALL 500 DVD yesterday.  It is being released (Finally) on Tuesday.

HMmmmmmmmmmm...

Hedda Gabbler, certainly.  Waltz of the Toreadors, yes.  The Importance of Being Earnest, definitely.

But my favorite play by a foreign playwright is THE PLAYBOY OF THE WESTERN WORLD....it is hilarious and touching and so IRISH!  
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2005, 10:43:19 AM »

As part of yesterday's ladsitting chores, der B and I took William and Alex to see Madagascarcrash.  It's the sort of movie where, even though you really don't want to, you can't help watching.  OK for the kids, but the only film I've seen recently that was worse was The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.  (Don't ask.   :P)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2005, 10:48:46 AM »

I will work on the Trivia Contest when I get home from the theater.  Cleaning and selling tickets for OLIVER! today.

As for the website - I was looking for a program that would demonstrate this, but can't find one....ANYWAY

Why not a dissolving text, like a movie title:

Bruce Kimmel [dissolves to] Kritzerland

I am sure your website designer would know how to do that.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2005, 10:49:15 AM »

back this evening!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2005, 11:10:51 AM »

Hi.  I'm in not so sunny LA.  I am wearing my contacts and can't see what I'm doing so please excuse any errors.

Who want's to meet Tuesday morning?  Around 10:30?  I will see if Penny can be there too.

Family to visit.  Bruce if you don't call my cell I will call you.

Ginny

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2005, 11:15:00 AM »

Nice to see you, Jane!  Hope you're having fun on your vacation.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2005, 12:21:20 PM »

DR elmore - Have great trip to LC in DC.  Will you get to see Jose play for Mamma Mia?

DRGinny, I don't know yet, but it's a possibility.  I have much to do in my three days there, even with an able assist from Mr Tom Murray, who knows one of the other keyboard players in MAMA MIA.

DRSWW, best of luck with the new job!  

DRJane, I miss you!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2005, 12:21:30 PM »

OK.

Do you think that you'll be getting a lot of "blind hits" to the site?  I sense that anyone going to the site will be looking for recordings, and would more than likely have a passing acquaintance with you and Guy Haines.

Maybe you'll be Google-Whacked!

In my younger days, I used to be google-whacked; but, alas, no more.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2005, 12:27:17 PM »

In my younger days, I used to be google-whacked; but, alas, no more.

Is that a euphemism?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2005, 12:31:11 PM »

I will work on the Trivia Contest when I get home from the theater.  Cleaning and selling tickets for OLIVER! today.

Jack, are you always required to clean the tickets before you sell them???
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2005, 12:36:36 PM »

I was so happy to read that ANNIE GET YOUR GUN opened so well. It's always a great relief to get that opening performance out of the way.

Our audience last night was not as bright and sharp as Thursday night's crowd. Certainly they laughed at all the silly, low comedy antics, but some of the wittier lines brought no response whereas the night before they had generated hearty laughs.

As I recall, the first Friday night audience for NUNCRACKERS (at this same theater) had a similar "dim" audience but the following Friday night crowd was booisterous and responded to everything. It'll be interesting to see if next Friday's audience is similarly enthusiastic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up