Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO RUTH'S CHRIS?  (Read 6632 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO RUTH'S CHRIS?
« on: January 13, 2022, 12:22:13 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes pondered what ever happened to Ruth's Chris, and now it is time for you to post until the what ever happened to the cows cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO RUTH'S CHRIS?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 12:22:51 AM »

And the word of the day is: MERITORIOUS!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 12:33:57 AM »

Glad you enjoyed your reunion with the Staitman ladies, BK!  But that's really too bad about the not-as-good-as-it-used-to-be dinner. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 12:35:03 AM »

My friend Margo and I go to this particular restaurant here in Olympia where they have some bread with oil and vinegar to dip that's usually really good.  But the bread needs to be fresh out of the oven or it just isn't as good as it could be, so we always specifically ask to get fresh baked bread.  It's still pretty good after it's cooled down, but it's REALLY good when it's fresh and warm.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 12:49:53 AM »

Topic of the Day:  not a fan of steak. ::)

:P

George

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 01:07:01 AM »

Have a good day, all!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 01:51:59 AM »

I love a good steak, and prior to last night, Ruth's Chris had always been tops. I love the filet mignon at the Smokehouse.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 01:52:16 AM »

I do believe I've written seventeen pages.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2022, 03:35:22 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2022, 03:37:27 AM »

I had a horrible night of sleep, and I wish I were still in bed.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2022, 03:47:05 AM »

I have numerous tasks to accomplish before my radiation trek, so I must get started.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2022, 04:49:52 AM »

Good morning, friends.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2022, 04:51:57 AM »

TOD:  my mother always used to make a luscious beef tenderloin with horseradish sauce for holidays.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2022, 04:52:24 AM »

With mashed potatoes.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2022, 04:52:46 AM »

Or baked potatoes.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2022, 05:26:13 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2022, 05:58:44 AM »

The best steak memory I have:

On December 17th, a friend was in nearby Edgefieid SC to give testimony in a murder trial.  Said friend is a forensics analyst of audio/video recordings that capture crimes.  He had been here in November for a pre-trial hearing and came back to testify in the trial. He called when he was done.  We had agreed to meet up and have dinner, and I had suggested a new restaurant in Edgefield that I was very excited about.  It is named "Christine's Farm to Fork".  It's a family-owned restaurant and they their own vegetables.  https://christinesfarmtofork.com/

I had dined there the week prior for a birthday dinner, and it was excellent food.  There are many items on that menu that I wanted to try.

He finished earlier than we thought he might, so I drove over to Edgefield and met him in the town square.  We went to a joint for a glass of wine.  It was boxed wine, but it was Edgefield, so...!!!

The restaurant opened at 5 p.m.  We were among the first five customers and were duly seated.  I ordered an entree of fried squash/zucchini.  It was delicious.  i told my friend that the meal was on me and called his attention to the steak section of the menu which was where I was planning on making a selection.

My dinner order was a filet mignon which came with two sides of my choosing. I chose creamed spinach and roasted corn.

My friend ordered shrimp and grits, and he explained his wife has an allergy to shellfish and he never gets to have any at home.  He also ordered a side salad.

My steak was simply SUPERB.  I am very critical of steak preparation. My dad was the best steak griller I ever knew.  I do a fair imitation of his best work on select occasions.  But, in restaurants, it is very hit and miss.  The steak at "Chrstine's Farm to Fork" establishment in Edgefield SC is a huge HIT with me.  My steak was so tender I could cut it with my fork.  The taste was unbelievably wonderful.  I shared a couple of bits with my friend who was very impressed with it as he was with his shrimp and grits.

So...that's my steak story. 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 06:15:10 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2022, 06:04:28 AM »

My sleep plans for last night went awry rather sooner than I thought they might.

I was in bed by 11:15 p.m.  It felt so good to be flat in a bed and feeling warm and cozy.  I drifted off at once.  I was having a very odd dream in which I was attempting to bake pancakes as if they were to be in the shape of hot dog buns.  As they baked, they grew bigger.  As they grew, I began feeling as though they were constricting my breathing.  I then woke up and realized that my sinus passages were once again clogged, and I was struggling to breathe through my CPAP.  I HATE WHATEVER THIS IS!!!

A look at the clock said 1:15 a.m.  Two hours is all I got to spend in my bed.

Happily, once I sat up in my recliner and covered myself with my blanket, my sinuses re-opened.  Sufficient enough for me to nose-breathe the remainder of the night.  I got another five hours of sleep before awaking.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 06:19:28 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2022, 06:12:51 AM »

Oh, yes....barring any unforeseen circumstances, I will be joining my cousin Butch and his fiancee Sharon at Christine's on Sunday morning for BRUNCH!

The circumstance that might prevent this from happening is that my cousin Butch, who has been fully vaccinated and who had a bout with COVID-19 a year ago, has tested positive again.  It has not been serious, but he has been quarantining all week and thinks he'll be good to go by Saturday. 

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2022, 06:19:58 AM »

Good morning, ChasSmith!

ChasSmith

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2022, 06:20:47 AM »

Good morning, all.

And DR Ron Pulliam!

ChasSmith

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2022, 06:22:57 AM »

I woke up insanely early, turned the heat up a little, and finally got back to sleep. I can remember one dream (which might actually be two, but I think they work as one), and I'm haunted by the feeling that another one followed, which would be the one from which I awoke. As of now, it's nowhere to be found, but I have a feeling it's chipping away at the wall and I will eventually get to know what it was.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2022, 06:27:17 AM »

Whenever I dream and wake up, usually to go to the loo, I try to remember what I was dreaming.  If I can, the dream continues.  Otherwise, it's lost in the ether.

ChasSmith

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2022, 06:29:13 AM »

Today I must pay a couple of ugly bills and call to change a doctor's appointment.

I must also go through four (count 'em) memory cards from my old camera and previous phone(s) and copy the photos over to the external hard drive I keep most of my stuff on, and then back the whole mess up to Time Machine. That will leave me with plenty of other miscellaneous photo file folders that need to be sorted through and put into better places. But at least all of that is already backed up six ways from Sunday, so the above is the critical part to get done today.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2022, 06:31:55 AM »

Good luck with that chore, DR ChasSmith.

I have several devices on which I have saved photos. NONE are truly organized.  It seems impossible at this point.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2022, 06:33:09 AM »

Will bid you, and zero guests, an adieu for now.

ChasSmith

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2022, 06:33:28 AM »

Sad about Ruth's Chris. I have to wonder, how does a menu item called scalloped potatoes come out as not-scalloped potatoes? That's a sure sign of a disturbance in the Force.

ChasSmith

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2022, 06:35:31 AM »

Good luck with that chore, DR ChasSmith.

I have several devices on which I have saved photos. NONE are truly organized.  It seems impossible at this point.

I have felt that very thing lately, and this is me taking a stab at it. No question, it's a huge job to tackle.

ChasSmith

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2022, 07:06:28 AM »

I love steaks, and filet mignon is probably my absolute favorite cut. But if done right, all the great cuts are to die for.

Filet or not, though, my best / most memorable steaks were had on a few business trips in the '90s and '00s, in various locales, because when our company went out to eat, or took others out to eat, they went first class and I got to experience a few fabulous places. What those places actually were are unfortunately lost to the sands of time, but even if I can't identify the jernts, I remember the sensation of those bites of steer inside my mouth. The sides, too. Something I always wish I could remember a little better and recreate for myself was the onion and tomato salad at a steakhouse near Atlanta, where they value their sweet Vidalia onions. That's also where I had a steak tartare that was to swoon over. Damn it to HELL, I do kind of miss those times.

The other superb steaks for me were cooked by friends who knew exactly what to buy, how to season, and how to properly grill or broil. If you learn that stuff, you can serve yourself the best steak in the world at home.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 07:53:02 AM by ChasSmith »

ChasSmith

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2022, 07:51:22 AM »

Payments made. Ugh.

Appointment changed.

Done!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up