Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTES: IMPOSSIBLE  (Read 7112 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: NOTES: IMPOSSIBLE
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2022, 09:37:29 AM »

From DR John:

I did read it. I enjoyed it, too.

Thanks.  While excellent, it is a slow hard read.  I wish I was going to the gym this morning as I need the hour of reading on the treadmill.

You’re right. It is slow and occasionally heavy. I took my time getting through it. I read something else at the same time.

I rarely do that unless I need to read a book quickly and the current book can wait. 

Jane

« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2022, 09:39:09 AM »

I have The Bravest Voices to read next.  I suppose that will be uplifting compared to my current read-lol

ChasSmith

« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2022, 09:52:21 AM »

I fear that, like Jack Torrance who has always been the caretaker, DR John G. has always been in the meeting.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2022, 10:10:03 AM »

I agree with DR TCB about the Peacock Olympic coverage of the skating. Seeing the routines is great, but without announcer context it isn't nearly as enjoyable. It feels bloodless.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2022, 10:12:35 AM »

I agree with DR TCB about the Peacock Olympic coverage of the skating. Seeing the routines is great, but without announcer context it isn't nearly as enjoyable. It feels bloodless.

I haven’t been watching the Olympics, but I generally like to hear more music and fewer words.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2022, 10:29:51 AM »

I haven’t been watching the Olympics, but I generally like to hear more music and fewer words.

I agree...less commenting.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2022, 11:07:10 AM »

Today was the complete opposite of yesterday, which is a huge relief. When I apologized to the security guard for m,y behavior leaving yesterday, he graciously waved me off, and I burst into tears at his kindness. Dr Blacksburg's nurse, Nick, came down to check on me, and we had a very moving session. I've got a little more than a week to go.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2022, 11:11:49 AM »

I have seen none of the Olympics, which is sad. I've always loved the winter Olympics over the usual.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2022, 11:13:50 AM »

The man seems more amused than the cat.

I think Pip's having a good time on his Poland vacation.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2022, 11:19:02 AM »

I must say, though, I wish I could market Annabelle and Thatch as well as Pip's owners do.
https://pipthebeachcat.com

John G.

« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2022, 11:26:47 AM »

Good news, Elmore.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2022, 11:27:37 AM »

Well, somebody up there likes me. The first afternoon meeting lasted only 7 minutes.
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2022, 11:30:33 AM »

The man seems more amused than the cat.

Who wouldn't be!!!???!!!  It's amazing.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2022, 11:34:30 AM »

I just have to share this.  While the figure skating emceeing is being done virtually, Terry Gannon, Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir still get camera time.  This was last night:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 02:35:31 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2022, 11:40:11 AM »

My lab work went smoothly.  I arrived 15 mnutes early and they took me almost immediately.  I then went to Walmart specifically to get some Häagen Dazs Coffee Ice Cream.  But, alas...three rows of Häagen Dazs product were haphazardly disorganized with mostly chocolate and no coffee in sight.  Either some customer destroyed the display, or the stocker isn't doing his/her job properly.  I bought a house brand of coffee ice cream.

I stopped at The Fresh Market and got some chicken wings (Teriyaki), roasted potatoes and roasted Brussels sprouts.  When I got home, I had a wonderful lunch of them!  Still have half the wings left.  I devoured the potatoes and sprouts.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 11:42:59 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2022, 11:45:38 AM »

Half the time I come here, I find myself posting with myself.

Oh, oh, oh, posting with myself (oh, oh, oh)
Oh, oh, oh, posting with myself (oh, oh, oh)
When there's nothing to lose
And there's nothing to prove (oh, oh, oh)
When I'm posting with myself (oh, oh, oh)
Oh, oh, oh, oh

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2022, 11:48:38 AM »

DR Ginny - will you be whipping up a batch of Cincinnati Chili for Sunday?
How to make Cincinnati chili, a regional favorite worthy of a national stage - The Washington Post
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2022, 11:51:40 AM »

They're coming to throw you into the goulash.

Jane

« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2022, 11:55:15 AM »

My lab work went smoothly.  I arrived 15 mnutes early and they took me almost immediately.  I then went to Walmart specifically to get some Häagen Dazs Coffee Ice Cream.  But, alas...three rows of Häagen Dazs product were haphazardly disorganized with mostly chocolate and no coffee in sight.  Either some customer destroyed the display, or the stocker isn't doing his/her job properly.  I bought a house brand of coffee ice cream.

I stopped at The Fresh Market and got some chicken wings (Teriyaki), roasted potatoes and roasted Brussels sprouts.  When I got home, I had a wonderful lunch of them!  Still have half the wings left.  I devoured the potatoes and sprouts.

Often I find the coffee is missing.  Yesterday at Fred Meyer's, since I had coffee at home, I wanted the coffee chocolate chip, so of course that was the one missing.  While not the mess you seem to have, I did think the ice cream was not as organized as usual.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2022, 12:15:45 PM »

They're coming to throw you into the goulash.

ROTFLMAO!

Ginny

« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2022, 12:15:56 PM »

Thursday afternoon greetings!

How to make Cincinnati chili, a regional favorite worthy of a national stage - The Washington Post

Nope, DR Singdaw.  Richard has requested nachos for our Super Bowl supper.  When we want Cincinnati chili we go to Skyline.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2022, 12:17:14 PM »

It is wonderful to read DR Elmore's Lenox Hill Report today.

Ginny

« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2022, 12:22:31 PM »

We’ve spent most of today with extended family at the funeral of our niece’s father-in-law.  Ken was just a few months younger than Richard and their mothers were very good friends.  He started an HVAC business about the time we bought this house and his sons Scott (our niece’s husband) and Rob are continuing the enterprise.  Rob was just here a couple of weeks ago checking things out for the winter.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2022, 12:23:23 PM »

That's a pretty good article for the most part. But I must vehemently disagree with the idea of using kidney beans. You need pinto beans or, as I've found at Shop Rite, "small red beans" are pretty much ideal. Big difference.

And of course this recipe has you making the chili from scratch. I really might try that sometime out of curiosity, and judging ty the picture I suspect the meat content is a little more substantial than in the original mix. But like DR Ginny, I really only eat the real thing at Skyline, and buy it in cans at Kroger to bring home.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2022, 12:27:39 PM »

Bruce, lately I have been seeing headlines for old murder cases being solved due to DNA.  It is upsetting to know the evidence of lost and, without a confession, Stephanie's murderer will likely not be caught :(

I found this article which offers some comfort, that at least because of the missing evidence a team was formed to solve cold cases.
https://psmag.com/social-justice/lapd-cracks-cold-cases-with-science-grit-36339

Jane

« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2022, 12:29:02 PM »

DR Ginny my condolences to your family.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2022, 12:47:45 PM »

I suspect the chili at the late great lamented Middletown Restaurant, the Liberty, used a variant of Cincinnati chili on their wonderful hot dogs, which were very much like 6-8" Vienna sausages.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2022, 12:48:39 PM »

It is wonderful to read DR Elmore's Lenox Hill Report today.

It was wonderful to have such a day after the hell of yesterday.

Ginny

« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2022, 12:54:02 PM »

DR Ginny my condolences to your family.

Thanks, DR Jane.  Today involved not just our extended family, but also our former Methodist church “family.” 

Jane

« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2022, 01:07:12 PM »

That was nice.  I hope it was comforting.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up