Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: ALL THINGS FRUIT  (Read 23807 times)

Tomovoz

Re:ALL THINGS FRUIT
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2005, 03:45:38 AM »

No plot details Jose but was Six Feet Under of a high standard - or has it pushed too far with this new season? I suspect we will be waiting until October.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2005, 03:48:16 AM »

I still believe I'm right about it's being LORELEI; also, DRMattH, what I said about the HELLO DOLLY! recording with Mary Martin was that it was ESSENTIALLY the national tour cast; the show began its tour in Cncinnati, headed west, went to Viet Nam and ended up in London.  There were cast replacements but I believe all the leads on the recording were seen by me at the Shubert Theatre in Cincinnati.

I'd forgotten about the second BEYOND THE FRINGE recording; wasn't it called something like "Son of . . ."?

DRJed, we agree on the plum song.

Favorite fruit:  Richard Simmons.

I think the key word is Broadway cast recording.

The first Lorelei recording was for the Tour. The second Lorelei recording was for the version that ending up on Broadway.

Just as Mary Martin was the London/tour recording it does not qualify.

The 2nd Fringe recording was

Beyond the Fringe '64
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2005, 04:15:34 AM »

I think the key word is Broadway cast recording.

Just as Mary Martin was the London/tour recording it does not qualify.

Well, I was thinking about shows that got more than one recording, and I was pondering the Mary Martin, which was essentially the national tour cast.  I didn't come to the conclusion this was the recording in question.  It's also possible that the comment starting this whole megillah is incorrect, but God forbid a press rep would ever release false information!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2005, 04:19:16 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up!  I'm up!

Why am I up?!?!?!?

Well, I'll tell you why I'm up...

Remember me mentioning that Steve's new condo seems to have a "sound insulation" problem... Well, it still has it.

:(

Around 6:30 this morning, I started hearing a conversation between a man and a woman.  It was nothing unseemly or scandalous, just a conversation.  It was muffled enough to the point where I was not able to follow the conversation, but a few words did pop hear and there, and it also sounded like there were packing - for a day trip, perhaps?  Well... the conversation was coming from the other side of Steve's bedroom wall.  -And, actually, when I went into the bathroom later, the conversation was a little more distinct/louder.  Ah, well...

I know it's been bugging Steve - and it should.  He spent a good chunk of money on this new place, and now to find that even regular levels of conversation can be heard through the walls...  Hmmm... Now that is unseemly.

And that's why I'm up.

I may head back to bed in a few - Steve managed to sleep through it - or at least fall back asleep.  But there are a few errands I need to run, and I may just head out in a few and take care of them before the heat and humidity really kick in today.  Possibly mid-90s!  And LOTS O' HUMIDITY!  -Ugh.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2005, 04:25:50 AM »

Ah.. I just missed you... But....

Good Morning, Tom.

As for the season opener of "Six Feet Under"... Very well done.  Tied up some loose ends.  Untied some new ones.  And the opening "Who's gonna die tonight?" sequence was fun/interesting.

No real envelopes pushed, imho, but left plenty of room to do so.  And if they do get pushed, I think I'll like it anyway.

;)

On a personal note, like a lot of episodes of "Six Feet Under", the one we watched last night was... well...  They can be hard to watch with someone you love... used to love... still love... etc.  For worse.  Or for better.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2005, 04:27:46 AM »

Good Morning, Larry.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2005, 04:30:16 AM »

Good Morning, Larry.

Hello, DRJose!  And Michael Shayne!  And Tom!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Tomovoz

« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2005, 04:34:50 AM »

Good night DRs (Friends).
Thank you Jose. Emotional show indeed.

Wonder if they managed to tie up all the ends in Carnivale.  With no third season happening it would be a shame not to have a resolution of the major conflict.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2005, 04:41:32 AM »

As for fruit...

I like basically everything I've tried and tasted so far...

Berries are great - Blueberries, strawberries (so hard to find true, sweet, vine-ripened ones lately), raspberries, blackberries, marionberries, huckleberries, etc...

Grapes - Red and White Seedless... Frozen!  :)  I recently had some real Concord Grapes.  Very good.  Amazingly juicy.

Mangos, pineapple, papaya...

Grapefruit can be good too - sliced in half, topped with brown sugar, then put under the broiler for a few.  ;)  I didn't try this until a few years ago.  I had read about it in various cookbooks - and had seen it done on some 60s and 70s sitcoms, but just never got around to trying it.  But when I did... :)

Bananas are good too - but boy is it easy to overdo them too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2005, 04:42:39 AM »

Well...  I suspect there will be no need for a round of bitchslapping today!!!

-Unless, of course, you're in to that kind of thing.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2005, 04:44:38 AM »

Well...  I suspect there will be no need for a round of bitchslapping today!!!

-Unless, of course, you're in to that kind of thing.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

;)

Depends which end you're on.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2005, 04:53:16 AM »

Depends which end you're on.

Not that's there anything wrong with that.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2005, 04:57:34 AM »

Hmmm....

Guess I could make breakfast this morning...  At least get the paper downstairs...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2005, 05:16:35 AM »

Yes... It's early...

I kept looking at one clock, and it was saying it was 8:47...  But my computer was saying it was only 8:08... Then I looked at my cell phone...  Then I looked back at the "8:47" clock, but couldn't find it again...

???

Must be the heat.

:P
« Last Edit: June 11, 2005, 05:16:55 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2005, 05:37:42 AM »

'morning!  I'm up early to go help at the AAUW garage sale for a couple of hours.

TOD - apples (gala = my favorite), strawberries, blueberries, cantaloupe, honeydew, oranges.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2005, 06:00:14 AM »

As for apples - Fuji
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2005, 06:00:48 AM »

OK...

We're heading out to breakfast...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2005, 06:08:31 AM »

Just read this on the internet:

"Universal has released specs on three new releases in its Legacy Series . The Deer Hunter, To Kill a Mockingbird and The Sting will all get the special edition treatment on September 6th , priced at $26.98 a pop. Specific details are coming soon… "

Well, I am no fan of THE DEER HUNTER, and the last issue of TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD was pretty special, I thought, but I could not be MORE delighted about THE STING, a film that is LONG overdue for a remastered, special edition treatment.

This is good news (a DeSylva, Brown, and Henderson reference) indeed!

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2005, 06:38:23 AM »

DR Michael Shayne, I'm not sure I understood your question, but the Elizabeth Allen of DO I HEAR A WALTZ did play Paul Lynde's wife on his first TV series.

Matt H.

« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2005, 06:42:56 AM »

I, too, very much enjoyed the season premiere of SIX FEET UNDER, and though the tone was fairly dark and ominous throughout (except with Keith and David), I still find the characters all totally fascinating and will go with them anywhere the writers want to take me.

Many people were disenchanted with SIX FEET UNDER last season because Nate was an emotional wreck, and there was so much edgy bitterness and melancholy about the characters, but I had no problem with ANY of that. Most of them were in bad emotional places, and it took some time for some of them to see daylight. Some of them are still searching for it.

Matt H.

« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2005, 06:45:01 AM »

You beat me to the punch, DR Michael Shayne. Mary Martin NEVER played Broadway with HELLO, DOLLY, and the entire discussion was (supposed to be) about Broadway cast replacements re-recording the Broadway score on a new album.

Ben

« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2005, 06:45:27 AM »

Oh, my, an early morning frenzy! 77 posts by 9:40am.

I'm up. I'm up (a BK and JS reference).

No plans today until this evening when Mr. Moore and I will sup, probably uptown.

They say it won't be as hot but you can't trust those weather people. I need to get some breakfast. My yogurt went bad so I can't have any of that.

I love most fruit, especially blueberries and strawberries. Peaches, apples, oranges, grapefruit (when Anthony is home we usually have grapefruit with our breakfast on Saturday and Sunday), nectarines, seedless grapes, cherries, raspberries, kiwi, and since they techncally are considered a fruit, tomatoes.

Matt H.

« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2005, 06:48:26 AM »

Not sure if I'll get any DVDs watched today since I have stuff on the DVR that needs watching and erasing, but looking forward to watching some DVDs next week for sure.

Matt H.

« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2005, 07:02:40 AM »

"I'm very lonely, Abigail. . . ."

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2005, 07:42:15 AM »

Berries are my favourite fruits"  Raspberries, Strawberries, Blackberries, Blueberries, Loganberries and Youngberries.

I, too, love berries!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2005, 08:52:16 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  My internal clock alarm worked perfectly.  I must shower and be on my way, but keep these lovely posts coming.

I see we've got too too many smarty-pants around here and I'm going to have to get much harder on these trivia questions!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2005, 09:04:29 AM »

Good Morning, Once Again!

Breakfast Report:

Dining Estanblishment:  River City Diner (Shockoe Bottom Location)

Steve: Western Omelet, Home Fries, Biscuit, Coffee

Me:  RCD Breakfast "Garbage Plate" - home fries topped with cheddar cheese, topped with two eggs (over-easy, my choice), and sausage gravy.  In other words:  YUM! MEE!  And Iced Tea (unsweetened).
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2005, 09:11:36 AM »

After breakfast, we walked around Shockoe Bottom for a little bit.  This was the part of town that was hit bad by Gaston last summer, and Isabel the summer before.  Lots of flooding and water damage.  This was the first time either of us had been down there in a while, and even though it was nice seeing a bunch of the stores and restaurants recovered and reopened, there were still a lot of places closed up.

We passed one place where there was still mud caked onto the venetian blinds in the front windows.  There was another space we looked into where the floor was all rubble from water bubbling up through the sewer system.  Lots of "For Rent" signs up.  And lots of spaces still looking beyond being rent-able.

Over in the Farmer's Market area, there was some sort of pet and animal fair going on today.  There was even a small petting zoo with a llama!  Lots of vendors.  Lots of dogs sniffing each other.  I hope to make it back for one of the Thursday "Fresh Markets" - there are some great produce vendors.  And some ice cream and sorbet ones too!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2005, 09:13:31 AM »

One vendor that made Steve and I laugh out loud was a gentleman selling European style breads.  The name of his company was "No Wonder" with the logo being the word "Wonder" behind the red circle with the slash through it.  Next time, I'll buy one of the t-shirts.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2005, 09:16:05 AM »

I think we're gonna go shopping later this afternoon.  We're both just taking care of 'stuff' for a little bit here.  Steve is in the middle of duplicating CDs from the latest Richmond Men's Chorus concert.  He even designs the CD cases.  Ands puts them together.  Thankfully, they usually only get orders for about 80 of them from each concert, so it's pretty reasonable for him to do on his own.  However, the RMC is springing for a 7-CD duplication machine sometime soon.  At least Steve hopes it's coming soon.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up